Captured G.B. - Inspiration thread

Started by Hobbes, October 13, 2020, 01:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

zenrat

Quote from: TomZ on October 16, 2020, 01:11:44 AM
Quote from: perttime on October 16, 2020, 12:16:06 AM
This list is pretty thorough: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_aircraft_of_Finland

What a huge list. It will be hard to find an aircraft they didn't have!

TomZ

I dunno, it's given me the answer to at least three whiffs I had no ideas for.   ;D
Thank you for the link.

Of course one can always build an aircraft that was flown by the Ilmavoimat but paint it in a different scheme - desert camo for example...   ;)
You can always explain it in the back story.

I'm pondering what nazi armour would look like with a full Caunter scheme applied to it?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TomZ

Quote from: zenrat on October 16, 2020, 03:19:40 AM
Of course one can always build an aircraft that was flown by the Ilmavoimat but paint it in a different scheme - desert camo for example...   ;)

I like that: Due to global warming Finland turned into a desert mode and the aircraft needed desert camo

TomZ

Dizzyfugu

I'm pondering what nazi armour would look like with a full Caunter scheme applied to it?

AFAIK there were at least some captured Italian light tanks that were pressed into British service and re-painted with the Caunter scheme.

NARSES2

Quote from: perttime on October 16, 2020, 12:16:06 AM

My build for this GB will be a captured Soviet type operated by the Finnish AF. I just have to confirm they didn't actually have one.
This list is pretty thorough: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_aircraft_of_Finland
[/quote]

Thankyou for that  :thumbsup: Confirms my idea is a starter  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 16, 2020, 06:02:51 AM

AFAIK there were at least some captured Italian light tanks that were pressed into British service and re-painted with the Caunter scheme.

Following a bit of a stash rummage I have firmed up build No.2 for this GB.  Something beginning with Sd.Kfz, rearmed with allied weaponry and painted Caunter.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

perttime

Quote from: TomZ on October 16, 2020, 05:19:52 AM

I like that: Due to global warming Finland turned into a desert mode and the aircraft needed desert camo

TomZ
You could just get Finland to participate in a Peace Keeping operation in an arid area.
Actually, that has been done a lot, just without Finnish aircraft.

Sport21ing

One more link for good measure  ;D

https://web.archive.org/web/20150924013707/http://www.fleetairarmarchive.net/Aircraft/FAACapturedAircraftHomepage.html
My deviantart page:
http://sport16ing.deviantart.com/

PS: Not my art, not very good at drawning :P

TomZ

Started too early for this GB so I just finished it:

Proper back-story to follow later.

TomZ

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Found this suitable inspiration item for the GB in my collection - Italian aircraft (well, a Ki-61 underneath with some mods...) operated by the Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana, captured by U.S. forces and then handed over to the Italian Co-Belligerent Air Force:

1:72 I.M.A.M. Ro.70 'Asta', aircraft "H" of the 155° Gruppo, 51° Stormo Caccia, Aviazione Cobelligerante Italiana (Italian Co-Belligerent Air Force, ACI); Lecce-Galatina (Southern Italy), October 1944 (Whif/Hasegawa Ki-61 conversion)
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

zenrat

Further to earlier discussions regarding the Légion Pacifiste Internationale, the archives of zenrat industries have turned up this example of an aircraft captured (or as they  prefer, "liberated") by them.

Kitty Zero 18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

loupgarou

Aircraft...aircraft...aircraft... But modern ships too have been captured AND reused, the Royal Navy used a captured U-Boot in WW2.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

tigercat

The Japanese captured a few ships in WW2 too