dh Hornet PR5

Started by PR19_Kit, October 20, 2020, 09:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on October 30, 2020, 04:39:36 AM

Coming along nicely.
:thumbsup:

Nice you think so Fred, and thanks, but you wouldn't say it if you saw the amount of PSR I've had to do on the darn thing. EVERY single joint needs PSRing, it's crazy. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

There's a thread running on Britmodeller, in their 'Rumourmongers' area, all about the AZ Hornet. It starts here, at the bottom of the page, and goes on till page NINE!  :o

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235071563-172-az-models-dh-hornet-announced/page/5/

As far as I read the only things that are right with it are the canopy and the fuselage length, EVERYthing else is wrong, specially the engine nacelles. :(

Luckily the PR5s were all re-built from the PR2s to such an extent that the AZ kit is pretty darn close, apart from the wing tips of course.  ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 30, 2020, 11:09:56 AM
the only things that are right with it are the canopy and the fuselage length, EVERYthing else is wrong
Ahem, these words "right" and "wrong" belong to the Realist-modellers world. Here among What-ifers we may enjoy creativity, no? ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

Si different all of a sudden ! Sure looks the part tho ! Nice one.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Scotaidh

Quote from: Tophe on October 30, 2020, 11:45:40 AM
the only things that are right with it are the canopy and the fuselage length, EVERYthing else is wrong
Ahem, these words "right" and "wrong" belong to the Realist-modellers world. Here among What-ifers we may enjoy creativity, no? ;)

Absolutely!  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

JayBee

Luckily the PR5s were all re-built from the PR2s to such an extent that the AZ kit is pretty darn close, apart from the wing tips of course.  ;D ;D

Well said that man!
The truth will always out.
:thumbsup: :wub: :wacko: :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

zenrat

Where's Lee?  I though he would have some thoughts on this subject.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

So would I, but he did say a few disparaging things about the kit just after he got one, in the AZ thread.

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Well as far as I'm concerned it looks like a Hornet.

I'll be tackling mine once I have the Fokker complete as I only want one "serious limited run kit" on the go at a time. She'll be RAF Tiger Force with BPF roundels.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 31, 2020, 07:19:36 AM

She'll be RAF Tiger Force with BPF roundels.

Eeerrrr..............

Have you got a secret link to my backstory?  :-\

I finished writing it last night.............

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 31, 2020, 07:24:35 AM

Eeerrrr..............

Er, No Kit. But my squadrons will need some P.R. assets  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 31, 2020, 07:40:46 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 31, 2020, 07:24:35 AM

Eeerrrr..............

Er, No Kit. But my squadrons will need some P.R. assets  ;)

They've almost got some..............  ;)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

All the main assembly's done now, tailplanes on and cockpit painted and the canopy glued in place and masked up. The final PSR's done (If it's not alright, I'm not doing any more...) and it's almost ready for the first colour coat.

Yes, I know there aren't any exhausts on the engines, but I intend to fit anti-glare manifolds, but something neater than the ruddy AWFUL ones they fitted to the FAA night fighter Hornets! :(

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

The backstory says that all eight Hornet PR5s were repainted in Sky Blue when they got to Kunming, so I got a pot of Tamiya Sky Blue and tested it out.....

I don't think so Mr. Tamiya. :(

That's FAR too bright to be Sky Blue, so it looks like I'm in for a major mixing session as the whole airframe is going to be the same colour. It's much more half way between that Sky Blue and Luftwaffe RLM 65 Hellblau, which I don't have. It'll be a white/Sky Blue mix I reckon, and VERY carefully measured so I can reproduce it for the 2nd/3rd/4th coat etc.

Regards
Kit