Sd.Kfz 251 in Allied Service. Finished pics page 6.

Started by zenrat, November 01, 2020, 02:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on December 10, 2020, 02:29:58 AM
Did I mention that every single track pad has a sink mark in it?

I don't recall you mentioning that (but I've a memory like a sieve), however it looks to be coming along nicely. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

It is thank you Womby.  I'm not working this weekend so assuming I can get all my chores done I should be able to press on with it.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

This kit has a multi part body.  I have started assembling it.  Fit is needing to be adjusted as I go and clothes pegs used to clamp panels in place.

It has some nice working features like the rear door hinges and the front wheels steering which so far I have managed not to glue up by mistake.

Fred

zenrat

Slow progress.  A combination of ill-fitting bodywork (not sure if it's Zvezda's fault or mine) and the need to paint the interior before I glue the top part of the body on as it will be highly visible but almost impossible to paint well once closed up.
And of course while most of the interior is DAK Dark Yellow the parts added by the captors would not be painted in that colour but in Portland Stone which does not cover well needing at least three coats.
Fred

zenrat

The fit on this thing really is giving me the sh*ts.  There is PSR in my future.
Fred

zenrat

Fred

zenrat

PSR time.  Not much, but some is needed to hide poor panel fit.
Fred

zenrat

Painting has begun.  Base coat of the Caunter Scheme is Portland Stone.  Insides and undersides remain DAK Dark Yellow as I feel they wouldn't have bothered repainting the bits that were hard to get to.

Sd.Kfz251 in Allied service WIP 04-01-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

buzzbomb

Certainly hitting the mark there Fred.

Looking the business  :thumbsup:

Joe C-P

Quote from: zenrat on December 10, 2020, 02:29:58 AM
Did I mention that every single track pad has a sink mark in it?

Those aren't dimples, they're to make the ride smoother over cobblestone streets.

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

zenrat

Thanks folks.
I've got a second coat on.  Might need three.
Fred

Dizzyfugu

That's looking great. BTW, the interior might have been dark grey - material sent to Africa was mostly taken from standard stock on short notice, so that all-grey vehicles were frequent and just camouflaged in desert colors on site, also using Italian paint stocks and even captured British stuff. I doubt that anyone had wasted time to re-paint the interior, but there were certainly late transfers that were alreday painted in appropriate colors at the factories (happened AFAIK with Panzer IIIs).