Main Menu

A Captured Ms 406

Started by NARSES2, November 13, 2020, 06:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Paintings going well thanks to the covering qualities of Hataka's Blue Line paints  :thumbsup:

French camouflage colours of the 30's are a fascinating subject. As Dizzy has said elsewhere neither the French Air Ministry nor Air Force laid down any specific guidance as to what the camouflage pattern should look like, simply the colours to be used, and whilst some manufacturers do seem to have followed a certain degree of uniformity, others would appear to have a paint shop staffed by members of the local art school's impressionist class  :angel:

The colours themselves were not uniform as there were at least two options available for all three of the upper surface colours and coupled with the variance in standards caused by the rapid re-armament programmes of the late 30's the worlds your oyster. The Hataka Early French WWII set includes variants of both the upper surface green and brown and they are quite different. Makes for an interesting comparison when you've two models lined up side by side.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

NARSES2

Major paintwork completed, but will need some touch-ups (silent at the back there  :rolleyes:)

May be a slight change of plans when it comes to the markings. I could have sworn I had some Thai AF roundels, but I can't find them if I have. So she will get the rectangular markings the Hawk 75's of the period carried. The squadron markings are from a Hawk equipped squadron so it fits I suppose.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 22, 2020, 06:32:51 AM

May be a slight change of plans when it comes to the markings. I could have sworn I had some Thai AF roundels, but I can't find them if I have. So she will get the rectangular markings the Hawk 75's of the period carried. The squadron markings are from a Hawk equipped squadron so it fits I suppose.

I knew I'd seen the roundels somewhere so I went back and had another look and found them. So back to the original plan  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Dizzyfugu

Uh, that one will become colorful, too!

AURI

zenrat

Coming along nicely Chris.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Cheers gents. In the process of getting a couple of Klear coats now

buzzbomb

Nice scheme. Coming along swimmingly

63cpe

Nice scheme Chris! It's looking great!

David aka 63cpe

NARSES2

Thanks gents, hopefully start getting the transfers on tomorrow as glossing is complete.

NARSES2

Got the transfers on today, there weren't that many. Start on the finishing touches tomorrow, which always seem to take 3 times longer than you initialy thought.

NARSES2

I think she just needs her matt coat, prop fixing and then some background and that's it.

NARSES2

Just need to hold the prop fixing ceremony, take some pictures and jot some words and she's done. So hopefully Monday as it's FA Cup Third Round weekend  ;)