Scale Model World 2021

Started by NARSES2, November 14, 2020, 06:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Yes 2021. I've just booked my hotel for next year, mainly because those in or around the Centre usually sell out in the first couple of days  after the show closes.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Mines already sorted as well. The hotel merely transfered this years booking for me.

They didnt increase the rate either, so thats a November 2021 booking at their 2019 price.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

You got a good deal there Martin.

Mines only £20 more than this years would have been, spread over 3 night, so I'm quite happy. Premier Inn only take bookings a year in advance so I couldn't book until today. Never thought of seeing if I could transfer a booking, but given it's all done on line I doubt it, not without causing utter confusion all round anyway  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Mine's free.  ;D

'Cos I stay with the RAF's Best Air Traffic Controller these days.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

I have booked my stay in the Travelodge in the town centre, just a 5 minute walk from the show itself and the evening restaurants. At £150 for 3 nights and fully refundable, it is a bargain.

FYI - Travelodge's breakfast offering is a box containing cornflakes & milk, flapjack, chocolate croissant and a carton of juice. Value £2, price £5.25. :-X

PR19_Kit

Yes, Travel Lodge just don't 'get' breakfasts for some reason. Premier Inns do good ones but they cost an arm and a leg. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on January 12, 2021, 07:57:17 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 12, 2021, 07:34:21 AM
Premier Inns [....] arm and a leg. :(

Is there a vegetarian option?

Probably, as the b'fast is usually self serve from a buffet, or all the ones I've used have been like that anyway.

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 12, 2021, 07:34:21 AM
Yes, Travel Lodge just don't 'get' breakfasts for some reason. Premier Inns do good ones but they cost an arm and a leg. :(

That explains why I was confused when I booked for last year and to find no breakfast when on my previous visit there was a breakfast. I got the two places mixed up.... Will write this down somewhere so I don't forget it but I will probably lose the paper somewhere instead  :angel:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Apparently Premier Inn b'fasts are no longer buffet style during the virus crisis. I'm not quite sure why, but presumably it's to maximise social distancing while collecting your meal. They do still do the b'fasts, but I think it's all pre-ordered.

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

No, it's due to too many people handling the tongs. Buffets are a transmission vector.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 12, 2021, 02:48:59 PM
Buffets are a transmission vector.

For an enormous range of pathogens! :party:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Nick

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 12, 2021, 02:48:59 PM
No, it's due to too many people handling the tongs. Buffets are a transmission vector.

We went to the local Harvester for a family meal in August. The staff did all the buffet selection for us. Bit odd and different but it worked. Stopped me being greedy with the salad!