Blackburn Beverley

Started by Aircav, January 26, 2005, 10:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

That came later, but early in development the Eland was expected to be the more powerful.  It had a lot of development problems and never got much above than 4000hp.  Tyne on the other hand was successful and was developed further, however it wasn't clear cut early on.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

McColm

Quote from: Pellson on May 25, 2023, 05:42:52 AM
Quote from: Mossie on May 24, 2023, 02:31:19 PMI'm going to try and find everything I posted on the Beverley that was photo-bucketed.  From Secret Projects, the Tyne engined scheme:

There's quite a bit on this in Chris Gibson's On Atlas' Shoulders.  The Tyne Beverley would have been Stage 2.  Stage 3 would have had Napier Elands, retractable under carriage and rear doors that could be opened in flight and stretched to the tail.

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/blackburn-beverley-tyne-upgrade-project.14056/
You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment. 

Oh, GOD, I need four Tynes to my old vacform Beverley..  :wub:
Two C-160 models should do the trick as the ones on the Breguet Br.1150 Atlantic are a different shape.

Gondor

The Elan 100 is available on the Argosy......

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on May 26, 2023, 04:26:14 AMThe Elan 100 is available on the Argosy......

What's that about Alastair?  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

I was replying to the comment that the Elan was thought to have more potential as an engine than the Tyne for powering the Beverly Stage3. So nick em from an Argosy which is also available in 1/144.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

But the Argosy had Darts, like a Viscount on steroids.

Luckily they're available in 1/144 too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

No idea, I could have got the entry on Scalemates mixed up with a company name rather than the engine.  :-\

Gondor

Mossie

Rotodyne had Elands, the Airfix kit will sort you out there. Although the only 1/72 Beverley kit I know of is the Manga kit, a solid resin casting IIRC.  More like stone masonry than kit bashing.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on May 26, 2023, 09:37:51 AMRotodyne had Elands, the Airfix kit will sort you out there. Although the only 1/72 Beverley kit I know of is the Manga kit, a solid resin casting IIRC.  More like stone masonry than kit bashing.

Plus you'd probably need to get your floors reinforced. It'd weigh a ton  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.