Blackburn Beverley

Started by Aircav, January 26, 2005, 10:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

How strange that decals don't include the Transport Command lightning stripes, they're part and parcel of all transports during that period.  :unsure:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

We'll have to find some 144th scale bikes for you Mossie ! That thing look excellent. And thanks for that link....you order from those guys ? I think I'll try it !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

I've found Oxford do some diecast British N-Gauge cars that are as near as dammit 1/144.  They also do some bikes, but they have side cars and I'm not sure how easy it'll be to chop it off being diecast.

I've never ordered from Hobbyterra myself, not sure how good they are.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

Cheers. I might try it anyway. I'd love to get my hands on this kit. Looks excellent.

Maybe 2 of them, one 'original' and one modern.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jcf

Quote from: Mossie on September 18, 2015, 08:12:22 AM
... I'm not sure how easy it'll be to chop it off being diecast.

The zinc alloy pot-metal used in most diecasts can be cut with a razorsaw.

Mossie

I might buy one or two then to represent them, a couple of mates on a jolly.  If I do a full load it has the potential to get very expensive!

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Found a quote about the Court Line Beverley that would interest Kit:
http://www.airpixbycaz.co.uk/cazsite/aviation/military/type/beverley/index.html#xb259

QuoteWhilst in concept an excellent idea (and one successfully used by TWA with a Fairchild Packet), getting the Aircraft certified became an extremely protracted process and with Court Line having financial difficulties, they gradually lost interest. The only fortunate side effect of this situation was that Court Line's plan to repaint the Aircraft the same Pink scheme as used on one of its Tristars was never implemented (no Beverley should wear Pink).

XB259 was the aircraft that was bought by Court Line, and had been originally been allocated the civil serial G-AOAI (I've checked GINFO, no other aircraft was allocated the registration so it would probably have kept it).  And TwoSix do the pink decals too:
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/STS44098

PR19_Kit

I've known about Court's Beverley for some time, but thanks for the links anyway. I have a Welsh Models Bev in The Loft even, but 1/144 vacforms of that size would take up too much time right now sadly.

I've got some other Court decals, for the blue and green schemes, that may work as well.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Mossie

I was just mentioning that it was the pink one that was planned, it'd look good in any of the others too.

PR19_Kit

It would look good in the pink, the most outrageous of Court's schemes.  :thumbsup: ;D

I never knew they'd got as far as choosing the scheme for it, although it's mentioned in any and all of Court's histories.

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Figures...I went to order the kit and they are sold out for now. Ah, the joys of procrastination !

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Keep looking.  After I bought the kit from S&M Models, Hannants sent me an email saying they had more in stock (which they've sold out of again).  I guess being a small manufacturer production is in small volumes but stock seems to keep coming in to the shops.

Captain Canada

Ya there's a button on there to be reminded when they come in, but I'll just keep checking, thanks. I wanted to order a couple of amodel 144th kits as well, and I'm tempted to go elsewhere but that might kibosh this purchase so I'd better wait lol. Don't want to get into too much trouble  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Unfortunately Fort Paull has closed for good, putting the future of the Beverley into doubt.  Hopefully a buyer can be found.  :-\