Messerschmit P.1099 in Finnish Service. Finnished pics page 4.

Started by zenrat, December 06, 2020, 02:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on December 27, 2020, 02:54:57 AM

Otherwise, I like the fat fuselage and you can't have too many guns. I was thinking Russian too, it screams sturmovik to me.

Never thought of that, but you're right Mossie
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

There's an early cold war Soviet design that looks like this on steroids.  Can't remember it's designation, think it was a Sukhoi.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Found it.  Early design for the Su-10.  Lots of engine, lots of dakka.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

I didn't know Gerry Anderson worked for Sukhoi.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

This is all together and PSR is complete.  I just need to attach the radar antlers and it'll be ready for paint.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

That photo's not doing anything to change my impression that the P.1099 is just an obese Me. 262. :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Are you body shaming my model?
:-\

Began painting today.  I found the transfers for the Airfix Me 109G which came with the Finnish night fighter scheme so this 1099 is going to be black and green over grey with Ilmavoimat roundels and bat fuselage art.
Fred

zenrat

Fred

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 08, 2020, 03:49:06 AM
The wings are O.K. on this P.1099 model, but the engine nacelles are wrong. For the kit they are simple Me 262 copies, but due to CoG reasons they should sit further back under the wings. However, it's a whiffy model, so who cares...  :rolleyes:

Just got my Luftwaffe Secret Projects 3 book out for the first time in ages, and apparently, there were late P.1099/early P.1100 series designs that had forward engines, the reason being that they had Me 410-style gun barbettes on the sides of the rear fuselage, thereby adding weight aft. Some versions of this kit have those barbettes, so it looks like Revell didn't notice (or didn't care) that the engines needed to be further back on the non-barbette ones.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Someone pointed out earlier that the engines in the Revell kit are too small being Jumo 004s rather than the larger ones that were proposed.
This kit has the barbies on the rear fuselage but I chose not to cut the holes and fit them.

While it may resemble an obese Me 262 IMO it also has something of a Killer Whale about it.  Maybe the Finnish ilmavoimat would call it miekkavalas?

(at this point Snowtrooper pops up and informs me that what Google Translate told me was "Killer Whale" actually means Teapot)
Fred

Snowtrooper

Sorry to disappoint, killer whale (the species) is actually miekkavalas in Finnish (which would word-for-word translate to "sword whale" in English) ;D Killer whale (as a figure of speech, translated word for word) would be tappajavalas ;)

So Google Translate is actually getting better. Though for the foreseeable future we can still expose foreign spies by asking them to pronounce "hääyöaie".

PR19_Kit

How DO you pronounce "hääyöaie"?  :o

It looks almost impossible!

Which reminds me that the equivalent in the Netherlands is to get your possible spy to say 'Ijmuiden', which sounds very little as it's written!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit