Messerschmit P.1099 in Finnish Service. Finnished pics page 4.

Started by zenrat, December 06, 2020, 02:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 02, 2021, 06:40:21 AM
That's nice, and I like the way you've portrayed it in post war Finnish "roundels" rather than the perhaps more obvious choice of using the swastika.

Now you mustn't leave us on tenterhooks. What happened to the crew after they were picked up ?  ;)

Joonas and Petri were traded for the navigationally challenged Soviet pilot who had landed at Utti.  Much to his disgust as he had been having a very pleasant time hidden away in a hut in the woods with nothing but a pair of snow bunnies and a case of vodka to keep him entertained.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 03, 2021, 02:16:33 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on February 02, 2021, 06:40:21 AM
That's nice, and I like the way you've portrayed it in post war Finnish "roundels" rather than the perhaps more obvious choice of using the swastika.

Now you mustn't leave us on tenterhooks. What happened to the crew after they were picked up ?  ;)

Joonas and Petri were traded for the navigationally challenged Soviet pilot who had landed at Utti.  Much to his disgust as he had been having a very pleasant time hidden away in a hut in the woods with nothing but a pair of snow bunnies and a case of vodka to keep him entertained.

Ah, thank you  ;D :thumbsup:

Your use of post war Finnish roundels has also given me the push I needed to start on my next build by the way (see my Blog entry) so thank you for that  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn Gilbertson

zenrat

Thanks folks.

Quote from: Glenn Gilbertson on February 04, 2021, 04:51:58 PM
Excellent model of a hideous aircraft! :thumbsup:

Less hideous without the bolted on extra guns but still not exactly a beauty.  I went looking for another kit so I could do a wing and engine swap but it turns out they are rare down here.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Came out great! Love the dark camo and how the markings go over it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kitbasher

:thumbsup:

Whichever way I look at a 1099 I always think scalorama B737-equivalent potential.

Or Messerschmittify a 737!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

scooter

Quote from: kitbasher on February 07, 2021, 08:43:35 AM
:thumbsup:

Whichever way I look at a 1099 I always think scalorama B737-equivalent potential.

Or Messerschmittify a 737!

Someone beat you too it :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Hmmm, a 737-100 in Luftwaffe markings and camo might confuse a few people.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit