The rampant speculation about what will be released in 2021 what if edition

Started by tigercat, December 20, 2020, 01:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat

Every year you see speculation about future releases so I thought we could have a speculative Whiff one .

Italeri - Norwich Town Hall battleground set complete with MDF  town hall

Airfix - HMS Hood Korean War version

Revell  rerelease of Matchbox Rolls Royce armoured car  complete with RAF Habbayina base

Airfix - rerelease Fairey Rotodyne -new decals Easy Jet and Ryan Air

Revell rerelease of Matchbox Avro Manchester

Modelcollect - Strategic Steam reserve diorama set .

Revell Monogram - Top Gear Car collection

Revell - Sealion invasion barge

kitbasher

MatchFROG:
Marcus Rashford (who could do no wrong in 2020) buys up and launches under a single label the entire Matchbox and FROG ranges, where the moulds for these still exist, of course.  All at knockdown prices.  To encourage youngsters to take up the hobby.

Airfix:
Decides to release in 1/72 all of the designs submitted in response to Air Ministry Specification F.155T.  Including the most accurate Avro Canada CF-105 Arrow yet.

Revell:
Re-releases the Hobbycraft CF-100 Canuck range.

James May:
Sets up a national chain of model shops in the UK.  One in each town with a population of 50000 that doesn't already have one.  Calls it Top Modelling Gear.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

tigercat

Nick

Quote from: tigercat on December 20, 2020, 01:23:34 AM
Every year you see speculation about future releases so I thought we could have a speculative Whiff one .

Italeri - Norwich Town Hall battleground set complete with MDF  town hall

Ah, the long forgotten fight to ensure traders can still get to Dixons.  ;D

We need kits of....

HMS Eagle in the Falklands

APT in-service schemes for British Rail Intercity, Virgin East Coast, First Great Western and the Network Rail NMT

RV Triton in 1/700 and 1/350 with options for weapons

Any of the aircraft on the British Secret Projects book covers - Vulcan flying wing etc.

Italeri: AMX in 1/72

HobbyBoss: F-16XL in 1/72 and 1/48

Airfix: New 1/72 Sea Vixen, Scimitar and Javelin

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on December 20, 2020, 02:11:09 AM

MatchFROG:
Marcus Rashford (who could do no wrong in 2020) buys up and launches under a single label the entire Matchbox and FROG ranges, where the moulds for these still exist, of course.  All at knockdown prices.  To encourage youngsters to take up the hobby.

All with the original multi-colour sprues of course.

Quote from: kitbasher on December 20, 2020, 02:11:09 AM

Airfix:
Decides to release in 1/72 all of the designs submitted in response to Air Ministry Specification F.155T.  Including the most accurate Avro Canada CF-105 Arrow yet.

The Saunders Roe offering being in Series 85. And you have to provide your own fork lift to get it through the door....  ;D

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Airfix 1:350 scale CVA-01..............unless you want CVA-03 with a full air wing.

CVA-01 was intended to replace HMS Victorious and HMS Ark Royal, while CVA-02 and CVA-03 would have replaced HMS Hermes and HMS Eagle respectively

A Farley Fruitbat............in any scale.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kitbasher

'The Saunders Roe offering being in Series 85. And you have to provide your own fork lift to get it through the door....  ;D'

This being the SARO P.187?

Easy - Airfix has 2 boxings.  One a straight P.187, the other with parts to turn it into Thunderbird 2!
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on December 20, 2020, 05:01:05 AM

This being the SARO P.187?

That's the one.

At 97000 lbs fully loaded it would have been HEAVIER than a Vulcan's empty weight!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

I have just  looked at  the Saro P.187. WOW :wub:
One if those in 1/72nd scale  would  be a very fitting addition to my what if RAF. I hope  Colin  is reading  this as I  would  skint myself  and put money down for one of these, as long as it is vacform of course   ;D
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

A resin SARO P.187 would use up the nations quantity of resin in about a week I reckon!

There's a guy in SIG 144 who's built all the contenders for that spec, scratchbuilt of course, and his display is really wonderful, but the P.187 is HUGE compared to all the other models.  :o

Regards
Kit

scooter

MENG releases a 1/35 F-106 A/B ZELL with M-1013 TEL.

Trumpeter releases a series of LUNs in various scales up to 1/35.

Polar Lights releases a 1/72 or 1/48 refit NCC-1701 shuttle and cargo bay diorama

HobbyBoss or Trumpy releases upgrade kits for their 1/350 Alaska-class kits, to bring them up to Desert Shield/Storm era.

Tamiya releases a trio of Enterprises- CV-6, CVN-65 (with sprues to modernize the kit up to retirement), and CVN-80)
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 20, 2020, 08:13:38 AM
A resin SARO P.187 would use up the nations quantity of resin in about a week I reckon!

There's a guy in SIG 144 who's built all the contenders for that spec, scratchbuilt of course, and his display is really wonderful, but the P.187 is HUGE compared to all the other models.  :o
I thought that they were an interceptor, are they  bigger than  day an Avro arrow?
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kitbasher

Yup. Add 12 feet to the length and 10 to the span.

Take a 1/48 SR.53, add a second engine plus side by side seating and you roughly have a 1/72 P.187.

Joe C-P

Habbakuk carrier that includes a refrigeration unit.  Just build and add water!
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

tigercat

Quote from: JoeP on December 20, 2020, 11:20:17 AM
Habbakuk carrier that includes a refrigeration unit.  Just build and add water!

Is this for the SARO P.187 to take off from ?