The rampant speculation about what will be released in 2021 what if edition

Started by tigercat, December 20, 2020, 01:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: The Rat on December 20, 2020, 04:45:31 PM
Tamiya announces that they will no longer produce Luftstuffe. Thousands of rivet counters walk into the ocean and are never seen again.

Hasegawa is bought out by a resurrected Starfix. More JMNS disappear.

Matchbox returns and announces a 1/24th Saro Lerwick and An-224, 1/72nd Hindustan Marut and Supermarine Scimitar, and a 1/144th BD-5.

Airfix announces the hiring of Lee Bagnall, Esq., as Secial Consultant, heading up the new Spitfire Division, dedicated to stunningly accurate issues of every variant and one-off. New model issues this year will include a 1/35th scale model of the Fawlty Towers hotel, with figures, and 1/12th scale Jensen Interceptor.

Final legal details are finished and result in the arrest of one Kit Spackman, after declassified papers reveal that the Meteor PR-19 was a real aircraft. Mr. Spackman denies any inside knowledge.

Trumpeter issues a highly inaccurate Bf-109G. Two days later, no more JMNs are accounted for anywhere on earth. Hyperscale folds.

Quote from: zenrat on December 21, 2020, 03:08:21 AM
To accompany various manufacturers 1/35 German Railways boxcars,  Miniart release "jewish prisoner" figures.  Outraged JMNs complain the stripes on their uniforms are too wide.

If The Rat's program is initiated first, as it was here, then zenrat's is going to be short on outraged JMNs. :angel:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

SleeperService

Quote from: The Rat on December 20, 2020, 04:45:31 PM
Hasegawa is bought out by a resurrected Starfix. More JMNS disappear. .

Trumpeter issues a highly inaccurate Bf-109G. Two days later, no more JMNs are accounted for anywhere on earth. Hyperscale folds.

Starfix What-If? Straight from the box. I hope the second line quoted comes to pass.

Quote from: scooter on December 20, 2020, 06:58:08 PM
Someone does an accurate 1/48 SARO Princess with sprues to build either the prototype or an in-service version

It's thinking like this that would get British Industry back to the very top of the world. The World of Unemployment perhaps but World Class nonetheless.

Trumpeter announce a 1/350 QE2, the model making world goes mad. Unfortunately the Ocean Liner produced due to their customary lack of care in research proves to be less than a stellar success.

Heller produce a scale model of the Channel Tunnel entrance in a tie-up with Hornby who do the trains. UK Boxing to come with a voucher for bags of concrete from your local builders merchant. The success of this leads to a kit of Dover Harbour complete with sunken ferry blockships, several political figures and their nurse/attendants.   

tigercat

DAPOL release plastic loco kits with Optional Thomas the Tank Engine faces

Mach 2 produce Saro P187 in 1/12  . Modellers try to use as sheds but it leaks due to misalignment of parts.

chrisonord

Cmk do a resin brick wall set to fit into  the channel tunnel  opening  on the Heller kit and some figures  of Brick layers and  hod carriers  sold separately. Mach 2 start rereleasing all of their past kits as new, completely  buildable kits.  These kits will be part of their "well I never!!!" range that some how, when reviewed by  model critics, made them sob into their scale plans storm off and take up knitting .
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Rheged

Humbrol buy from MoD several 50 gallon drums of paint overlooked in an RAF maintenance unit since 1942. These are released as the " RAF World War Two" series, and immediately condemned by critics as "nothing like the genuine colours"

Airfix release a Blue Streak test site diorama, but have complaints about the large bags of "Spadeadam Peat Bog" leaking in some boxes.

Revell's 1:200 Hindenburg kit is withdrawn from sale after boxes combust spontaneously when shipped to Lakehurst NJ
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

MENG, Tamiya, or Dragon release a 1:1 StuG III at a reasonable price.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

sandiego89

This thread is entirely too euro/UK centric!   ;D     How about a few for us poor whiffers in the US Colonies:

- The B-36 is re-released in 1/72 scale, with the full bomb bay.  A limited edition includes the F-85 Goblin and RF-84K and full trapeze.  Options for early and late (with jets) versions. 
- A proper P6M SeaMaster in 1/72. 
- U-2 (early) 1/72
- New tool Convair SeaDart, 1/72
- Convair B-32 Dominator
- New tool angled deck 27C Essex class Aircraft carrier in Vietnam era. 1/700, with FULL complement air wing.
- 1/72 SNARK
- 1/72 Regulus
- 1/72 Mace on TerraCruiser transporter/launcher
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

- The B-36 is re-released in 1/72 scale, with the full bomb bay.  A limited edition includes the F-85 Goblin and RF-84K and full trapeze.  Options for early and late (with jets) versions.  Yes

- A proper P6M SeaMaster in 1/72.  YES

- U-2 (early) 1/72  YES

- New tool Convair SeaDart, 1/72 YES

- Convair B-32 Dominator YES

- New tool angled deck 27C Essex class Aircraft carrier in Vietnam era. 1/700, with FULL complement air wing. YES

- 1/72 SNARK YES

- 1/72 Regulus YES

- 1/72 Mace on TerraCruiser transporter/launcher YES!

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Trumpeter release a full range of "Between the Wars" aircraft carriers in both 1/700 & 1/350 alongside a range of period appropriate naval aircraft in the same scales.

Eduard release a series of individual one-piece aircraft stands, which look suspiciously like melted & charred plastic model kits.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 21, 2020, 03:26:13 PM

- The B-36 is re-released in 1/72 scale, with the full bomb bay.  A limited edition includes the F-85 Goblin and RF-84K and full trapeze.  Options for early and late (with jets) versions.  Yes

- A proper P6M SeaMaster in 1/72.  YES

- U-2 (early) 1/72  YES

- New tool Convair SeaDart, 1/72 YES

- Convair B-32 Dominator YES

- New tool angled deck 27C Essex class Aircraft carrier in Vietnam era. 1/700, with FULL complement air wing. YES

- 1/72 SNARK YES

- 1/72 Regulus YES

- 1/72 Mace on TerraCruiser transporter/launcher YES!

You been taking those blue tablets again, Kit?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Rheged

There are some  faint indications that Kit might possibly be in favour of Sandiego89's list.     I think it's  a good idea too.    Let us not be too parochial in our thoughts..............come to think of it, a Volvo PV444 at  a reasonable scale/price would be nice as a present for a friend who had one as her first car.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on December 22, 2020, 02:29:26 AM
There are some  faint indications that Kit might possibly be in favour of Sandiego89's list.     I think it's  a good idea too.    Let us not be too parochial in our thoughts..............come to think of it, a Volvo PV444 at  a reasonable scale/price would be nice as a present for a friend who had one as her first car.

I would also like to add a 544 as well to that request.  My father had one, and it's such a powerful memory that whenever I see a picture of one, I can still recall the smell of the passenger compartment.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Mossie

Okay, non- UK centric, partially...

After the success of the large scale Star Destroyer, Zvezda announce 1/72 kits of the An-124, An-225, Buran shuttle and Lun ekranoplan.  Thousands are sold but only one of each are ever seen built.  These all appear on the Soviet SIG stand and are directly responsible for the Telford disaster of 2022 when the tables collapse and create a domino effect, causing the greatest loss of plastic ever.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on December 22, 2020, 12:51:29 AM

You been taking those blue tablets again, Kit?

I've never found I needed them actually....................... ;) ;) ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit