The rampant speculation about what will be released in 2021 what if edition

Started by tigercat, December 20, 2020, 01:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Having given the matter some thought, didn't Ed Hilary drive Ferguson tractors to the South Pole to meet  Vivian Fuchs in 1958?

As reported here:-  https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/edmund-hillary-reached-the-south-pole-driving-a-masseyferguson-tractor-in-1958/news-story/d3b1bd6b5c5e967bf62c160ad8a8a15c

This could be added to the Trackrover diorama, perhaps.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on December 25, 2020, 07:37:48 AM

Breaking news!!! Airfix  are said to have found the moulds for the first kit they ever made!!  What whiffing potential  can be found in a Ferguson tractor?

It'd need longer wings for a start...........................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 25, 2020, 08:22:36 AM

Breaking news!!! Airfix  are said to have found the moulds for the first kit they ever made!!  What whiffing potential  can be found in a Ferguson tractor?

;D ;D ;D :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Doug K

APT in-service schemes for British Rail Intercity, Virgin East Coast, First Great Western and the Network Rail NMT

[/quote]

Save up and respiratory the new Hornby one when it arrives next year? 😉

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Doug K on December 25, 2020, 12:50:57 PM

APT in-service schemes for British Rail Intercity, Virgin East Coast, First Great Western and the Network Rail NMT

Save up and respiratory the new Hornby one when it arrives next year? 😉

You'd need a LOT of paint, they're doing the entire 2+12 set this time, if you buy the whole thing!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Watching a QI xmas episode the other day they revealed that if Dumbo were really to fly he would need a 60' earspan.  The resulting model elephant immediately made me think of Kit.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on December 25, 2020, 05:18:08 PM

Watching a QI xmas episode the other day they revealed that if Dumbo were really to fly hw would need a 60' earspan.  The resulting model elephant immediately made me think of Kit.

Hehehehehe.  ;D

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 26, 2020, 02:54:08 AM

Watching a QI xmas episode the other day they revealed that if Dumbo were really to fly hw would need a 60' earspan.  The resulting model elephant immediately made me think of Kit.

Hehehehehe.  ;D

Kit's ears aren't that big  ;)
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on December 26, 2020, 06:02:57 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 26, 2020, 02:54:08 AM

Hehehehehe.  ;D

Kit's ears aren't that big  ;)

What do you think stops The Hat from falling down to my shoulders?

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Watching a QI xmas episode the other day they revealed that if Dumbo were really to fly he would need a 60' earspan.  The resulting model elephant immediately made me think of Kit.

'Earspan'... ha!

Yeah, a 1/32 Massey Fergusson would be cool; there would be a diorama or two in there that would suddenly be a lot more doable.

SleeperService

My friend's mother's sister's neighbour's dog reports that another dog he knows overheard her owner telling her son that Airfix are to release a Brexit range of kits celebrating British technology and feats of awesomeness.
The 1/32 car range will start with an Allegro complete with detachable front road wheel and wishbone assembly. Eduard to do etched detail set including tiny triangle stickers in boring colours naming seaside towns and stately homes. Black Dog to do stowage for the boot and a loaded roofrack. No word on any figures yet. To celebrate the change in taxation new vehicles will be announced for release August 1st, March 1st, September 1st and Christmas each year. Follow on releases are the Morris Ital, BL Maestro, Rover 200, and a Cortina Mk IV.

1/144 will see the SRN.4 and Concorde re-released. Also a kit of various Airbus wings. To follow in 1/72 will be a Short Sperrin, R101 airship, Blackburn Botha, new tool Blackburn Roc and Skua. In 1/48 a Hurricane floatplane and Whitley bomber. A balsa and tissue paper kit of the R.100 in 1/48 will follow once the balsa has been sourced.

At the release another reliable correspondent denied that these would be inferior in any way to any other offering tooled by people from places we don't believe exist and who may not even play cricket properly. Asked to comment on whether Airfix have an 'A' and 'B' Design Team the spokesperson replied that the cleaning staff had proved just as able at kit research and design as highly paid designers, a lesson they had learned well from their dealings with Trumpeter in the Bad Old Days when Britain had to follow EU Laws and off-shore work rather than do what they really wanted to do. 'We're in this for your good not profits' said the spokesperson as they were carried away in a golden sedan chair carried by six unicorns.

Further proceedings were prevented by the audience erupting into violence when an argument about whether China was real or just a marketing ploy invented by small restaurateurs escalated rapidly.   

PR19_Kit

Quote from: SleeperService on February 01, 2021, 03:17:07 AM

A balsa and tissue paper kit of the R.100 in 1/48 will follow once the balsa has been sourced.

Hehehe, that'd be a mere 15 ft long.  ;D

Love the whole idea myself.  :wub: ;D

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 01, 2021, 05:35:35 AM
Quote from: SleeperService on February 01, 2021, 03:17:07 AM

A balsa and tissue paper kit of the R.100 in 1/48 will follow once the balsa has been sourced.

Hehehe, that'd be a mere 15 ft long.  ;D

Love the whole idea myself.  :wub: ;D

Just think; a couple of those helium filled balloons that are sold for birthdays etc and you could have a flyable model.

The R101 kit in the same series is to be clearly marked  as "Suitable for adults only.....contains flammable items"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on February 01, 2021, 08:04:39 AM

Just think; a couple of those helium filled balloons that are sold for birthdays etc and you could have a flyable model.

The R101 kit in the same series is to be clearly marked  as "Suitable for adults only.....contains flammable items"

I've seen a few airship models, not QUITE that large but pretty big, flying inside the Cardington sheds, very appropriate.  :thumbsup:

The Elvington Museum used to have a 10 ft long 1/72 scale model of the R100 hanging in the roof of their Barnes Wallis building, directly over a 1/72 scale model of a Wellington. That bought it home just how HUGE airships were!

The Museum itself is only about 10 miles north of Howden, where they built the R100 originally.

Regards
Kit

McColm

If Airfix are releasing some of their early kits can we expect to see 'Sherwood's Castle 'and the 00 gauge of model train accessories with the buildings. These would work well with the Hornby Railroad stock.