The rampant speculation about what will be released in 2021 what if edition

Started by tigercat, December 20, 2020, 01:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Quote from: kitbasher on December 20, 2020, 11:16:58 AM
Yup. Add 12 feet to the length and 10 to the span.

Take a 1/48 SR.153, add a second engine plus side by side seating and you roughly have a 1/72 P.187.
Epic.  :mellow:
I thought that the Fairey Delta 3 was a big girl
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

I meant SR.53 earlier, not SR.153 (that's a whif planned for the near future!) - error corrected.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Rat

Tamiya announces that they will no longer produce Luftstuffe. Thousands of rivet counters walk into the ocean and are never seen again.

Hasegawa is bought out by a resurrected Starfix. More JMNS disappear.

Matchbox returns and announces a 1/24th Saro Lerwick and An-224, 1/72nd Hindustan Marut and Supermarine Scimitar, and a 1/144th BD-5.

Airfix announces the hiring of Lee Bagnall, Esq., as Secial Consultant, heading up the new Spitfire Division, dedicated to stunningly accurate issues of every variant and one-off. New model issues this year will include a 1/35th scale model of the Fawlty Towers hotel, with figures, and 1/12th scale Jensen Interceptor.

Final legal details are finished and result in the arrest of one Kit Spackman, after declassified papers reveal that the Meteor PR-19 was a real aircraft. Mr. Spackman denies any inside knowledge.

Trumpeter issues a highly inaccurate Bf-109G. Two days later, no more JMNs are accounted for anywhere on earth. Hyperscale folds.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

Someone does an accurate 1/48 SARO Princess with sprues to build either the prototype or an in-service version
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

tigercat

Airfix unexpectedly  revive their  wildlife series in 1:1

They bring out a  Turkey , Albatross ,  Barn Owl, humming bird  and Aardvark  , Red Panda and Honey Badger .

In a surprise crossover with D'agostini they launch a 1:1 Shetland Unicorn available in 300 parts . First part £2.99

kitbasher

Quote from: tigercat on December 21, 2020, 12:09:27 AM

They bring out a  Turkey , Albatross ,  Barn Owl, humming bird  and Aardvark  , Red Panda and Honey Badger .

In a surprise crossover with D'agostini they launch a 1:1 Shetland Unicorn available in 300 parts . First part £2.99

;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Nick

Master Box bring out a range of Mythical Creatures.

Bigfoot, Yeti, Loch Ness Monster, Wyvern, Mermaid, and Drop Bear.

tigercat

Dizzyfugu

Revell could revive their spurious "Robotech" umbrella series with vintage mecha kits from various OAVs? 35th anniversary or so.

zenrat

To accompany various manufacturers 1/35 German Railways boxcars,  Miniart release "jewish prisoner" figures.  Outraged JMNs complain the stripes on their uniforms are too wide.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 20, 2020, 08:13:38 AM
A resin SARO P.187 would use up the nations quantity of resin in about a week I reckon!

If Corgi did a diecast it'd start to generate its own gravity.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Master Box bring out a range of Mythical Creatures.

Bigfoot, Yeti, Loch Ness Monster, Wyvern, Mermaid, and Drop Bear.

Probably in pinup versions!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Rat on December 20, 2020, 04:45:31 PM

Tamiya announces that they will no longer produce Luftstuffe. Thousands of rivet counters walk into the ocean and are never seen again.

Hasegawa is bought out by a resurrected Starfix. More JMNS disappear.

Matchbox returns and announces a 1/24th Saro Lerwick and An-224, 1/72nd Hindustan Marut and Supermarine Scimitar, and a 1/144th BD-5.

Airfix announces the hiring of Lee Bagnall, Esq., as Secial Consultant, heading up the new Spitfire Division, dedicated to stunningly accurate issues of every variant and one-off. New model issues this year will include a 1/35th scale model of the Fawlty Towers hotel, with figures, and 1/12th scale Jensen Interceptor.

Final legal details are finished and result in the arrest of one Kit Spackman, after declassified papers reveal that the Meteor PR-19 was a real aircraft. Mr. Spackman denies any inside knowledge.

Trumpeter issues a highly inaccurate Bf-109G. Two days later, no more JMNs are accounted for anywhere on earth. Hyperscale folds.

This thread has produced some of the BEST thinking in the entire year! And just for once in 2020 I found myself laughing hysterically.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit