The rampant speculation about what will be released in 2021 what if edition

Started by tigercat, December 20, 2020, 01:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 22, 2020, 02:31:25 PM
Quote from: scooter on December 22, 2020, 07:40:05 AM

Trumpeter or Aoshima release a sprue set entitled "Intrepid Air Sea Space Museum Collection", which also includes a waterline USS Growler (with Regulus), Shuttle Enterprise, and Concorde G-BOAD along with pier and section of the West Side Highway.

Cool! That would be nice.

A reasonably-priced 1/35 Volvo TP21 'Sugga'

:thumbsup:

Although, confidentially, I'd take a running 1:1 scale as well, but I think they're rarer than hen's teeth by now.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

frank2056

Criswell predicts...

ONE or more than one modelling company will release German WWII aircraft that have never been kitted, such as:

Me 109 / bf 109
FW 190

in all popular scales!

ONE or more than one modelling company will release never before kitted German WWII tanks such as:

Panzer I through 999
Tigers of all tank stripes

in 1/72, 1/48 and 1/35

McColm

Okay third time lucky as my other two suggestions haven't made it onto this page.

What about a 1/72 scale Avro Lincoln B.2 in plastic with RAF Bomber Command,  RAAF and Argentine decals,  I can see either Revell or Airfix taking this on. Likewise a plastic 1/72 Avro Shackleton MR. 1 and the alternative to the Mach2 Avro York C1 also in plastic.

I'm speculating that Airfix would release an updated BAe Nimrod MR.2P in 1/72 scale that corrects the nose profile and the engines. A few more weapons and alternative decals.
Even the Lockheed Neptune MR.1 in 1/72 scale or the turboprop version.

Monogram  would release the 1/72 Convair YB-36 Peacemaker and the YB-60.

Mach2 would release the 1/72 Convair 880/990 airliner.

kitbasher

Quote from: frank2056 on December 22, 2020, 05:51:17 PM
Criswell predicts...

ONE or more than one modelling company will release German WWII aircraft that have never been kitted, such as:

Me 109 / bf 109
FW 190

in all popular scales!

ONE or more than one modelling company will release never before kitted German WWII tanks such as:

Panzer I through 999
Tigers of all tank stripes

in 1/72, 1/48 and 1/35

Such outrageously unlikely ideas!  ;)
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

chrisonord

Hasegawa  re release  their jolly ranger F-14 yet again, this time in 1/100th scale  to tally in with the  number of times it has been  re released.  :rolleyes:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on December 22, 2020, 05:14:43 AM
Unicraft produce 1/32 Bristol Brabazon.  Highly detailed, top quality castings.

I'm just imagining the size of the sprue gates and the amount of waste resin included in the flash  :-X Oh, sorry, missed the last part of the sentence  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

chrisonord

I would  prefer  the mountain  from close encounters of the third kind, with some hueys and the  UFO.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

tigercat

zenrat

Takom to release a 1/35 Pz IV with full interior detail which has more parts than a completely dismantled 1:1 Pz IV.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Lots of wonderful suggestions in this topic. Congratulations to whoever supplies our members with strange pills.  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

McColm

Is that the Rock of Gibraltar? I have seen the 1/24 scale model and it's huge. I did have a publican of the history and black & white photos of the fortifications during World War II. It's all changed since then,  with a lot of military installations being demolished especially around Europa Point. The Navy Tower has also gone,  I think that they just cut the wires and it fell down. The building definitely moved in strong winds!

NARSES2

Dad's ship spent a week or so docked at the Rock for a few days in WWII apparently. He always said he hated the place, not a woman to be seen  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Breaking news!!! Airfix  are said to have found the moulds for the first kit they ever made!!  What whiffing potential  can be found in a Ferguson tractor?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet