The rampant speculation about what will be released in 2021 what if edition

Started by tigercat, December 20, 2020, 01:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat

Rick Lowe

Quote from: SleeperService on February 01, 2021, 03:17:07 AM
The 1/32 car range will start with an Allegro complete with detachable front road wheel and wishbone assembly.

Oh, I saw what you did there...

Will further releases include a Zephyr Mk III with egg-cup shaped drivers' seat? ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 14, 2021, 02:08:17 AM
Quote from: SleeperService on February 01, 2021, 03:17:07 AM
The 1/32 car range will start with an Allegro complete with detachable front road wheel and wishbone assembly.

Oh, I saw what you did there...

Will further releases include a Zephyr Mk III with egg-cup shaped drivers' seat? ;)

And a set of furry dice too.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Polar Lights will release a 1/72 Bird of Prey, complete with a pair of humpbacked whales.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rick Lowe

Quote from: scooter on February 14, 2021, 07:20:43 AM
Polar Lights will release a 1/72 Bird of Prey, complete with a pair of humpbacked whales.

Yes, Yes, YES!! :thumbsup:

McColm

With the release of the Douglas DC-8 Mach2  create the Convair 880/990 in 1/72 scale  along with their version of the BAe 146 in various decals both military and civilian.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Airfix release their "Secret Fliers" series, with the first aircraft being a U-2, a Blackbird, a Meteor PR19 and a Canberra PR9.   JMNs complain that the  PR19 has the wrong engines and is dimensionally inaccurate compared with the actual aircraft.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on February 25, 2021, 12:20:02 PM
Airfix release their "Secret Fliers" series, with the first aircraft being a U-2, a Blackbird, a Meteor PR19 and a Canberra PR9.   JMNs complain that the  PR19 has the wrong engines and is dimensionally inaccurate compared with the actual aircraft.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

PR19_Kit

...... 'cos they've been to Cosford and measured it I suppose, little realising that the one at Cosford is a PR19b and the kit is a PR19a.  ;) ;D

Should have read the backstory.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 25, 2021, 01:22:37 PM

...... 'cos they've been to Cosford and measured it I suppose, little realising that the one at Cosford is a PR19b and the kit is a PR19a.  ;) ;D

Should have read the backstory.  ;D

Not to fear, Colin at Freightdog will bring out a correction kit for it! :thumbsup:  ;D

rickshaw

You left out the Antipodian participant, the PR.29, a long winged Meteor with twin Avon engines...  ;) ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

scooter

Airfix released the RNLI Airwing in 1/144th:

Shorts Sunderland MkV
Avro Shackleton MR2.A
HS\BAe Nimrod MR.2
BAE\Kawasaki Amphritie MR.1
Shorts\Shin MayWa Thetis MR.1
Mitsubishi MU-2
Fairey ULH
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

Weaver

Airfix to launch their "Series: Defence Twitter" range, with initial releases being:

1/700th Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier complete with non-existent aircraft moulded in clear plastic and a wooden stake through it's heart,

1/700th Type 32 Frigate, which consists of a plain white box with a rectangular lump of plastic inside it which you can carve into anything you can imagine,

1/72nd Boxer MRAV 8x8 APC complete with all 17 different cool turrets that the British Army are definitely never going to actually buy,

1/144th scale Boeing Wedgetail AEW aircraft boxed as 1/700th scale because apparently, three of them can be everywhere at once.

Reboxing of Trumpter's 1/700th "New Chinese Offshore Peace And Friendship Patrol Vessel" together with nine Fujimi "Modern Chinese Weapons" sprues.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

McColm

I wish Airfix could get the cockpit canopy glazing for the 1/72 Sea King either a single piece or various parts that aren't fiddly that fit together.
As they produced the 1/72 Sikorsky CH-53 Super Jolly Green Giant,  the predecessor the HH-3 would be a welcomed model either the Jolly Green Giant or the Pelican.
Another model kit that they won't be releasing is the CH-53K,  when I read the headline that the Navy has purchased 9 I
thought that a bit strange why is the Royal Navy getting 9 CH-53Ks but it's the USNavy instead. So I wonder who will be producing the 1/72 kit?
Another two kits not on the Airfix release list are the Avro Lincoln and Avro Tudor. The jet powered Tudor would be a great project at a reasonable price.
I might have got the wrong end of the stick but wasn't Anigrand going to release the Blackburn Beverly in 1/72 or 1/144 scale?
Now if Airfix or Heller could release a scale model of the Austin 1300, just think of how many times they could rebadge this: Morris,  MG, Riley and Wolseley not forgetting the Nomad from down under.
There's quite a few cars of yesteryear that have disappeared from British roads, a few can be found in museums or lovingly restored. Most of which are in diecast but plastic or resin now that's a different story.