End of year Stash cull Part 1

Started by Bungle, December 22, 2020, 12:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

As much as it hurts me to admit it, I'll never finish making all my stash. To be honest I doubt I'd achieve 10% ! During the lockdown I have had the chance to retrieve all my storage from the many places I had them scatter. First plus a big saving on commercial storage charges quickly followed by the first minus - an ear-bashing for cluttering up the spare bedroom. So I have managed to catalogue all the kits and have split them into two groups those to do - those to go. Those to go total around 1,400  :wub: !

I thought I'd put some them (not all 1,400) on here first incase anyone was getting worried they didn't have enough to do already. I will leave them up until the end of January then probably box them up for Kingkit or such like. Prices are in £ Sterling postage will be via Hermes (the shop is at the end of my road) £3 for up to 1kg, £4.25 to 2kg and £6.00 over 2kg. Obviously depending on the kits size will determine the package weight.

Payment by Paypal, or Bank transfer, you can reserve your choice via PM first come first served. International buyers welcome but I'll have to get you postage prices

I am posting my list of Airfix, Revell, Hasegawa and Italeri kits in four posts as they make up about a third of all items. If anybody is after anything not listed drop me a line I'll see if I have got.

Finally SWMBO has said no swapsies, I'm banned from receiving anymore kits  :-X

Part 1  Airfix

Description    Scale    Price    

Airfix    Santa Maria Blister 1/400    400    6.00       Pending

Airfix    Airco DH4 (Sealed)     72    7.00      pending    
Airfix    Bristol F2B  (00080 2001 Release)     72    7.50    Pending

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Bungle on December 22, 2020, 12:43:39 PM

Finally SWMBO has said no swapsies, I'm banned from receiving anymore kits  :-X

And presumably she's banned from getting any more handbags and shoes..............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Bungle

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 22, 2020, 01:59:08 PM

And presumably she's banned from getting any more handbags and shoes..............

Fat chance
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Martin H

Quote from: Bungle on December 22, 2020, 12:43:39 PM
Those to go total around 1,400  :wub: !

1400? And how small a dent in the over all stash is that gonna make?  ;)

says he who also has no chance of building their entire stash in this lifetime.  :wacko:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kerick

You should just open your own hobby shop!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Bungle

Over the years I've bought a whole hobby shop !   :banghead:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Bungle on December 23, 2020, 01:17:12 AM

Over the years I've bought a whole hobby shop !   :banghead:

I really did that back in 1973 or so.  ;D

Well, the contents of the shop anyway. Thus the size of The Loft's current stock.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

tigercat

Think of it as Loft Insulation

Please could I have the Rescue launch

Bungle

This message also refers to my other three threads on Stash reduction.

Christmas was cancelled this year. My eldest grandson (16) tested positive for Covid on Xmas eve. He and the rest of the family were due to come to us for Christmas and Boxing day, instead they ended up getting tested (mum dad and three boys 7 to 16 and all positive). My wife and I got tested as well as we'd been with my son and one of the grand kids in the week - we are both negative.

My son and his wife are not doing particularly well at the moment so I'm afraid my mind is on other things at present. Add to this I won't be able to get out to the Post office etc due to self isolating. If any one who has paid wants their money back until I'm up and running again please let me know. I hope to be in a better position by the weekend.

Sorry about all this.

batcode

hi mate wish the family a speedy recovery and hope all will be ok soon for you all.

kitbasher

Health before kitbashing, matey.  Hope all is back to normal for you all soon.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

tigercat

Hope the family makes s speedy recovery .

NARSES2

Family comes first mate, take care and I hope all make a swift recovery.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

63cpe

Get well soon Andy and family. Health comes before modelling so no worries. We'll keep in touch.

David aka 63cpe

chrisonord

Hya Andy, family comes first, get yourself in a better place  then  sort us vultures out :wacko:
I understand your predicament  mate, wardrobe full of the t shirts etc.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!