**FINISHED** X/JT-47 "Valon" NASA

Started by TheChronicOne, December 26, 2020, 10:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

I haven't thought much about what it should be called or any back story other than minor stuff involving fictional "in world" balancing issues concerning the nose area and also its role, which is to be some sort of training aircraft, perhaps an intermediate between advanced training in the T-38 and full flight duty in the Viper.

Really, this all started because I was wondering..... and thought it might look cool to cram a Talon nose onto an F-16 body.  ;D

Monogram Viper, Starfix "Talon."  Quotes, because the Talon is just a slightly dressed up F-5B. Lucky for me, most if not all the stuff that makes the Talon portions of the model inaccurate are being deleted (such as intakes). The tip tanks are another innacuracy but since this is a new bird, I'm going to use them instead of the missile rails! Hell why not?! I think it'll look neat!  :lol:

Sawed up the Talon and also sawed the F-16. Somehow I neglected to take pictures of the cuts to the F-16 but on it I cut very tight around the cockpit and along the strakes type stuff that lead into the wing leading edges.

Fast forward to today/yesterday-ish and it all seems to fit together quite well! I've gone ahead and glued it together even. Gives me Sukhoi vibes.... as if they tried a single engine/tail design.  ;D

Next is to clean up all the joins, seams, and fill in a couple areas then I can move on to getting the cockpit/interior worked on.

EDIT: Thread title change. Formerly "T-16"
-Sprues McDuck-

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 26, 2020, 10:43:43 PM
Really, this all started because I was wondering..... and thought it might look cool to cram a Talon nose onto an F-16 body.  ;D

Yep! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Dizzyfugu

That's looking very good.  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 27, 2020, 02:41:29 AM

That's looking very good.  :thumbsup:

In fact it looks a darn sight better than an RW F-16B!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

it does look rather splendid  :thumbsup:   and rather aggressive as well, which always helps on a fighter
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Tophe

:wub: (I feel in love with this bird lady)  :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Scotaidh

Great idea!  Nice execution.  :)   :thumbsup:
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

perttime

Reading the first few lines, I had serious doubts.
But it looks like it is going to work well.

kitbasher

Interesting, looking forward to seeing it grow.  The F-5 front end provides a hint of a 2-seater Typhoon.

And I missed the Gnat T2 until now.  Seamless modification  :thumbsup:

I've had an idea rattling around to graft a Hawk front end on to an F-5, but haven't done anything about it other than buying a Hobbyboss F-5E.

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

TheChronicOne

Thanks, everyone!!! I feel motivated now. I'm looking forward to getting back home from work to keep going.  :mellow:  I can't wait to get the putty work done and eventually get it primered up. I want to see what it looks like all the same color.
-Sprues McDuck-

chrisonord

Cracking idea Brad, I  am liking  where this is going.  :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!