**FINISHED** X/JT-47 "Valon" NASA

Started by TheChronicOne, December 26, 2020, 10:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 24, 2021, 01:48:48 PM
it seemed like it was wanting to be built...    ;D
Like if this was written as "future for sure" in The Book in Heaven... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

Amen to that!  You know... I ought to look at the leftovers from these two kits and see if I can make THAT crap into something.  ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

And why not? You made a hell of a job of the X/JT-47.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Thank you, kindly!  I'm going to drag that stuff out and the rest of my spare parts and see what shakes loose.  :wacko:  It would be a large nose very stubby thing if I don't add some stuff to it....   Of course, this affords the opportunity to do what seems natural with the stubby(theme developing here....)  F-5 wings; make them longer. I know you'll be fully on board with that.   ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

Go for something of the Gerry Anderson-type.
Cool looking, a bunch of parts from all over the place, and no real pretensions as to whether it would actually work in real life...

Or you could do something Trigan Empire-inspired (think Modern Roman Empire. Togas, Kilts and Ray Guns)

Have fun researching that!  :thumbsup:

TheChronicOne

Right on!!  As luck would have it, I'm finally back at the bench today and I plan to rummage around and see if anything can be done with those parts.  Man, what a busy week! I don't think I've done ANYTHING on models since.... uhhhhh.... well, when this thing was finished.  ;D  I could go one step further and see if I can somehow make it work in this upcoming GB that starts tomorrow. Maybe some weird border patrol thing or something.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

To feature the change from normal Falcon into the new trainer, the best is a double nose version (with big ladder required to climb into the cockpit above): <_<

= link http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/F-16drwD_cg.jpg

TheChronicOne

;D ;D

Sweet!!   That version should be pretty popular with the ladies!  :wacko: :angel:
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on March 01, 2021, 02:18:47 PM
;D ;D

Sweet!!   That version should be pretty popular with the ladies!  :wacko: :angel:

Really? We went there, did we? :rolleyes:

;) ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

I was like, "Hey this seems familiar!"   ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Uh? I don't understand what you are talking about. :unsure:
My inspiration was this curve fuselage: ;)

= link http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/F-16drwB_er.jpg

TheChronicOne

There's this adult toy, popular with the ladies, that has similar "features."   ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Oh, shame on me... :wacko:
I swear this was not my intention, I lack information in this field... :unsure: :-\

Flyer

I had a rough idea what you's were on about by the comments but had to click the link for a look and yep, LOL!  ;D :wacko:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Mossie

Missed the finish!  Love how the F-5 parts blend, looks great.  Fantastic job. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.