G

Hannant deal on Airfix TSR-2

Started by Geoff_B, January 28, 2005, 10:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_B

Quote> From: Hannants Office <sales@hannants.co.uk>
> Date: 2005/01/28 Fri PM 04:41:41 GMT
> To: Hannants Office <sales@hannants.co.uk>
> Subject: Here is the January 28th 2005 list of new items....

AX07004 B.A.C. TSR.2. http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=AX07004 This kit
is planned to be released in September 2005. This will be a limited edition kit.
You can order it NOW and get it on advance order! Our website has been modified
to accept orders for one kit. Overseas customers please be aware that our £30.00
minimum value WILL NOT apply to this kit. We will send 1 kit out to any country
in the world!

As soon as we can get test shots we will see if there are any resin detail
improvement sets we can make to include in the Airwaves range. We strongly
recommend that you advance order this kit. Already we have more advance orders
for this kit than any other kit ever! (Previously the Classic Airframe Wyvern
held that honour)

Radish

This explains why my order for 3 was deleted from the "back orders" when my CA Vampire arrived.
I've just re-oredered ONE as per the system.

What the feck can I do with ONE, except build the fuzzy bunny thing of course.
Never mind, I've some other "fingers in pies", etc..

Anyway, I can always build another F-111 instead, or even an F-4.
:wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

nev

Well, I just ordered mine :)

Got to pop into the LHS for some filler tomorrow, will try and order a couple from them too  B)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Spellbinder99

A quick question. How do I check my back orders or status of current orders on their site as after I log on it only seems to allow me to edit my shipping/payment details or delete my account? I can't see how to actually check what orders are on file.
I re-ordered 1 TSR-2 as allowed, hopefully they will allow multiple orders after actual release as it is going to be wastefull shipping costs-wise for me to just have one sent out here. Perhaps they saw themselves going over the initial production run JUST on multiple pre-orders?

Surely any sold out run of a kit will make the mandarins at Airfix contemplate making more?

Cheers

Tony

Nick

I must be daft but I've just placed my pre-order!
Might see about getting a second one elsewhere.

Nick B)  

NARSES2

My understanding of this is that you can pre-order as many as you want providing you actually buy something at the same time. Otherwise you can pre-order one kit without a purchase ?

As for checking status of back-orders, they are on any invoices you receive but not certain about on-line, I'll have a look

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spellbinder99

Well, at the time I ordered 6 I also ordered a Classic Airframes Wyverne, a Classic Airframes Whirlwind, a STC Start Buran/ Energia combo and a catalogue. That parcel just arrived and the invoice still shows 6 TSR-2 on pre-order, so who knows?

If they arrive, good, if not, I will get them elsewhere......

Cheers

Tony