Beware of Ebay bargains.

Started by chrisonord, December 29, 2020, 02:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

I bought what I  believed to  be a reasonable  bargain  from Ebay, a part done Kopro  mi4 with a mi 1 that was nearly finished.  I bought it for the  mi 4 as I wanted to make it  into an early  Westland  helicopter.  Anyhow, bargain turned into disappointment as it has several major  parts, ie the whole cockpit and some  other interior parts missing, making it  a pointless  project.  I know that it wasn't that expensive, but the point  is the add didn't say parts were missing, so lesson for today ask before you buy.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Claim your money back Chris, the seller didn't describe the item correctly.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

I have  messaged him to see what he says and give him a chance, if he is arsey with me then I will  contact Ebay.  They have been very helpful  previously  thankfully.  I  am gutted that the kit is incomplete  as I was looking forward to  building it.
Chris

Flyer

Yep, need to be careful with eBay purchases. Had a few run ins with sellers over the years, mostly to do with R/C products, but a experience with a plastic model came to mind when I read this thread, a FA/18 listed as parts missing, don't remember what part's were actually missing, canopy I think it was, but I wanted it for the RAAF decals that was in the description not the kit itself and messaged the seller to confirm those decals are included and they said yes so I brought it, when it turned up it had USN and Blue Angel but no RAAF decals. No money back as eBay pretty much said it was my fault for buying it with part's missing. Wasn't a expensive lesson, but a lesson all the same.  :banghead:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

McColm

I've had that happen to me,  either parts are missing or the seller sends out the wrong kit with two left wings. Although I have to admit there has been the odd surprise with more than the kit that I bought.

chrisonord

Another thing, the box smells like it smokes  60 capstan full strength a day, I  had to put it in a different room.

zenrat

Quote from: chrisonord on December 29, 2020, 05:19:12 PM
Another thing, the box smells like it smokes  60 capstan full strength a day, I  had to put it in a different room.

I've got a couple like that.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I always detail any parts or transfers that are missing when I sell on E-Bay.

If you used Pay Pal Chris they can be helpful if the purchase wasn't up to spec.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Cheers Chris,
I have not received a reply from  him yet, so I will give until tomorrow  and  get  Ebay involved. The kit was described as  "used " but not with  parts missing, and there are some  random decals and  bits that don't belong  there.
Chris

chrisonord

I initiated the  ebay thumb screws  as he didn't  bother to reply within  24 hours.  I  got a  complete  refund from him and he messaged me back  to say  keep it or put it in the bin. I  think I will  give the parts a  douse in fabreeze, and stick them in the parts bin as there is  not enough to build  the kit with. I shall  keep looking for another  mi4 though as  they look  a lot like their western counterpart the whirlwind.
Chris

PR19_Kit

Quote from: chrisonord on December 30, 2020, 03:13:23 PM

I shall  keep looking for another  mi4 though as  they look  a lot like their western counterpart the whirlwind.

But uglier............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 30, 2020, 03:14:32 PM

I shall  keep looking for another  mi4 though as  they look  a lot like their western counterpart the whirlwind.

But uglier............  ;)
That's how they get  off the ground  isn't it?? ;D

Dizzyfugu

I recently also had the case of an Academy kit from South Korea that never arrived because it was never dispatched (according to the ebay tracking). Also contacted the seller, but no reaction at all, so I engaged ebay and received a full refund on the company's behalf. Was just a few bucks, but I was surprised how quick and thoroughly they reacted.

zenrat

I initiated the  ebay thumb screws  as he didn't  bother to reply within  24 hours.  I  got a  complete  refund from him and he messaged me back  to say  keep it or put it in the bin. I  think I will  give the parts a  douse in fabreeze, and stick them in the parts bin as there is  not enough to build  the kit with. I shall  keep looking for another  mi4 though as  they look  a lot like their western counterpart the whirlwind.
Chris

In 1/72 I  recommend the Hobby Boss kit.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

Quote from: zenrat on December 31, 2020, 12:55:22 AM
Chris

In 1/72 I  recommend the Hobby Boss kit.
I was going to  get  one  but missed out on one at a reasonable price on Ebay.  All the others I have seen  so far are silly money and abroad. I like hobbyboss kits, they usually go together  nicely.
Chris