My Library just grew again 2021

Started by Rheged, December 31, 2020, 03:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Here we are once again. Another new year, another chance for you to keep your fellow Whiffers informed as to your newly acquired reading matter. 

Chris, I've not been able to pin this topic; could you do your usual with it?  Thanks very much and a peaceful and prosperous New Year to all readers.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Pinned as per request.

Must admit I didn't realise non Mods couldn't see  the "set topic sticky" button ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

All we need now is a few books................  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Won't take long with all thos Xmas vouchers floating around Kit  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Today I  bought  some reading fodder for the hospital  waiting room, I thought  said appointment would have been  cancelled  due to you know what, but anyway.  I  bought  the latest copy  of SAM and a bookazine on Luftwaffe  secret projects. Said  bookazine  is mostly side view pictures  with the occasional  upper view ones and a bit of blurb about  the aircraft  types.  All are jet and or rocket  powered fighters  and attack aircraft  with the occasional  large bomber  thrown in. , but all very interesting  all the same. It reads like a what if back story  in places but by all accounts  is from actual  documents  found  at the end of ww2. Its official  tittle  is,  Luftwaffe  secret profiles , by Daniel  Uhr and Dan Sharp. It were 8 quid  from the soon to be closed down WH Smiths.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 01, 2021, 07:16:26 AM
Won't take long with all thos Xmas vouchers floating around Kit  ;D

I spent all my vouchers on Star Trek boxed sets  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

As a delayed Christmas pressie I got a hardback copy of Rowland White's 'Harrier 809', the story of the 'makeweight' Sea Harrier squadron that went down to the Falklands aboard the 'Atlantic Conveyor'.

As that's my favourite ever ship the book was a must read, and I must admit that I suggested it to the people who bought me the pressie.

RESULT!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 06, 2021, 09:31:18 AM

As a delayed Christmas pressie I got a hardback copy of Rowland White's 'Harrier 809',

I'm almost half way through 'Harrier 809' now, by dint of some SERIOUS reading of this 'un-put-downable' book. It's produced quite a few ideas for Whiffs in there already. For instance, did you know they SERIOUSLY looked into collecting up the remaining Gannet AEW 3 airframes and to putting them back into service while flying from either Stanley Airport or the then un-named but planned RAF Mount Pleasant to act as AEW force for the Falklands?

Of course they'd have been transferred the RAF then, and been in some sort of grey colour scheme, but I like the thought of a resurrection of 849 NAS 'B' flight but with a lo-viz scheme....................

I've now got a Sword AEW3 kit on backorder at the Big H  :o

Regards
Kit

zenrat

For xmas (but not actually given to me until Jan 1 so it counts) I got You Shouldn't have Joined.  General Sir Peter Cosgrove, A Memoir.
Signed by the author.

Cosgrove saw action in Vietnam (amongst other places) and ended up as Governor General.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Hobbes

Antonov's heavy transports, Gordon/Kommisarov
Beyond blue skies (about the US rocket plane programs)

chrisonord

Just got one of 2 books I  ordered  last week. Encyclopedia of  the Fleet air arm  since 1945.
This should  hopefully  help me.with what colour schemes  and markings  wore in the time frame  I  do my builds in.
Chris

tigercat

chrisonord

Quote from: tigercat on January 10, 2021, 02:40:29 PM
Landrover by Ben Fogle
I saw that on the clearance shelf in WH Smiths on Tuesday, is it any good?

tigercat

Mine came from WH Smith's too . Very interesting so  far

Rheged

Quote from: chrisonord on January 10, 2021, 02:49:10 PM
Quote from: tigercat on January 10, 2021, 02:40:29 PM
Landrover by Ben Fogle
I saw that on the clearance shelf in WH Smiths on Tuesday, is it any good?

Not earth shattering, but well worth a read.  I paid £1 for mine in a charity bookshop, but then I'm sometimes a cheapskate when it comes to book buying
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet