My Library just grew again 2021

Started by Rheged, December 31, 2020, 03:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 26, 2021, 06:39:25 AM
Quote from: Rheged on May 25, 2021, 12:21:54 PM
..he also commented, when asked if the French Revolution was a success, replied   "it's too early to tell"

Sometimes you'd think it's still going on, and I'm being serious

Agreed.  Especially the farmers are already, apparently, up in arms this year.  Or at least were early last month...
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

McColm

V-22 Osprey  Bell-Boeing  Tilt-Rotar an Aeroguide Special by Anthony Thornborough published 1990.
Lots of coloured photos and sketches of proposed variants. History of how the Osprey evolved and future models in the pipeline subjected to Defence budgets.
The Osprey can't fly on one engine and has problems with the exhaust of the engines which usually scorched the tarmac,  so a rolling take off is preferred.
Apart from the MV-22A , there's the CV-22 C.O.D. Proposal  for a KV-22 as an refuelling tanker and AV-22 Gunship although this designation will change.
For the USNavy the SV-22A anti-submarine warfare as well as CSAR.
The book mentions British Aerospace promoting usage in the AEW role and SAR. There could be a need for a short range troop transporter.
However plans are a foot in producing a civilian airliner based around the Osprey layout. Various designs go for a lengthened fuselage with a vertical tail.

rickshaw

Quote from: scooter on May 26, 2021, 08:34:50 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 26, 2021, 06:39:25 AM
Quote from: Rheged on May 25, 2021, 12:21:54 PM
..he also commented, when asked if the French Revolution was a success, replied   "it's too early to tell"

Sometimes you'd think it's still going on, and I'm being serious

Agreed.  Especially the farmers are already, apparently, up in arms this year.  Or at least were early last month...

Very fractious lot, them Frenchmen.  I think the only successful leaders they have had were Napoleon and De Gaule - both shipped their problems overseas...   ;) ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Ultimately Napoleon wasn't that successful. On that basis Louis XIV was equally, maybe even more so  ;)

150th anniversary of the fall of the Paris Commune yesterday and the massacre of the Communards. Apparently the British pop duo were named in honour of them, never knew that.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Went out for an eye-test this afternoon, then found a birthday present for somebody remarkably easily, then ate out for the first time in over a year...  <_< :thumbsup:

I alos called into W.H.Smiths and noticed that they had English Electric Lightning - Genesis & Projects by Tony Wilson in paperback on the magazine shelves for £13, so that fell into my bag along with the birthday card I went in for. :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on May 29, 2021, 05:07:07 PM
, then ate out for the first time in over a year...  <_< :thumbsup:

It's amazing how something so simple as that is so enjoyable after all this time. Even just sitting in your favourite coffee shop just watching the world go by  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 30, 2021, 05:53:25 AM
Quote from: Weaver on May 29, 2021, 05:07:07 PM
, then ate out for the first time in over a year...  <_< :thumbsup:

It's amazing how something so simple as that is so enjoyable after all this time. Even just sitting in your favourite coffee shop just watching the world go by  :thumbsup:

That is exactly what Madame Rheged and I did thsi morning after the Hereford Cathedral 10:00am service.........and thoroughly enjoyed every moment.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

And I was doing it during my Zummerzet soiree last week too.

Amazing how relaxing it all is when you haven't been able to do it for over a YEAR!  :thumbsup: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Arrived today from Amazon

Famous Russian Aircraft published by Crecy.  Sukhoi Su-25

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Eyes for the Phoenix, a history of Allied PR aircraft in the far east.

Only bought it for the Mosquito photos and found one that made the purchase price worthwhile.  There was another I already had but it confirmed the scheme the aircraft was in.  Which is nice.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Nick

Drones : Unmanned But On-Target from Key Publishing. I bought this today in readiness for the Recce GB starting next week.

Several nice big articles about the many types of current UAVs in operation today in the US and UK. Lots of pretty pictures to drool over. You soon realise that many of these machines are larger than you thought.

Gondor

From eBay

Heinkel He 112 in Action

so I would have a better understanding of the aircraft seeing that I have a kit of it.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Nothing to do with modelling (except maybe as a source of 'fake tradition' to steal names from  ;) ) but last week I got a 2nd-hand Game Of Thrones novels boxed set and the World Of Ice and Fire worldbook. I'm not usually into doorstop-sized novels, but I have to say, these are excellent. I've blitzed through half the first book while I've been in hospital and I find myself looking for excuses to pick it up rather than put it down, even though, due to the TV show and endless Youtube videos, I broadly know what's going to happen. G.R.R. Martin was a TV scriptwriter before he was a novellist, so there's no padding here, just plenty of show-not-tell action in digestible 'acts'.

If the hype over the TV show put you off, then now it's calmed down a bit, try the books - highly recommended. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

scooter

Quote from: Weaver on July 02, 2021, 09:51:36 AM
Nothing to do with modelling (except maybe as a source of 'fake tradition' to steal names from  ;) ) but last week I got a 2nd-hand Game Of Thrones novels boxed set and the World Of Ice and Fire worldbook. I'm not usually into doorstop-sized novels, but I have to say, these are excellent. I've blitzed through half the first book while I've been in hospital and I find myself looking for excuses to pick it up rather than put it down, even though, due to the TV show and endless Youtube videos, I broadly know what's going to happen. G.R.R. Martin was a TV scriptwriter before he was a novellist, so there's no padding here, just plenty of show-not-tell action in digestible 'acts'.

If the hype over the TV show put you off, then now it's calmed down a bit, try the books - highly recommended. :thumbsup:

I've been thinking about the boxed set as well.  SWMBO and I tried, as much as we could, to get into the series, but we just couldn't.  And if you're looking for more ASoIaF names, I cannot not recommend Fantasy Name Generator.  I use it quite frequently.  GoT names are under "Pop Culture".
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Mossie

Quote from: scooter on July 02, 2021, 10:37:19 AM
Quote from: Weaver on July 02, 2021, 09:51:36 AM

I've been thinking about the boxed set as well.  SWMBO and I tried, as much as we could, to get into the series, but we just couldn't.  And if you're looking for more ASoIaF names, I cannot not recommend Fantasy Name Generator.  I use it quite frequently.  GoT names are under "Pop Culture".

Me too.  I enjoyed the series, although I felt you could tell when GRR Martin left as writer.  I wanted to read the books but I was willing to wait until the series was over as books are richer than TV can be.  I also didn't want any spoilers, although I believe there are enough differences to make it a fresh experience.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.