My Library just grew again 2021

Started by Rheged, December 31, 2020, 03:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

The books are completely different to the TV series.  I have resisted reading the books but my youngest son has read the first three and says they are very different, very different.  I doubt the books will ever be complete because G.R.R. Martin won't bother with them as he has made his money from them...  :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

From Key Publications -

The Hawker Typhoon by Tony Butler. Very impressed by Key. Ordered Sunday p.m. and arrived this morning  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Origin and Evolution: SR-71 Blackbird by Scott Lowther.

Chock full of competitor designs and developments of the Blackbird family.  Lots of fodder for the recce & surveillance GB.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Rheged

On a trip to Hay on Wye, Volumes 1 and 2 of the Action Stations series of books on UK military airfields............for only £3 the pair.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

From Wold of Books via eBay

F-15I Ra'am in IAF service Second Edition, Aircraft in Detail 9 by IsraDecal Publishing

This means I have the first ten of this series which is chock full of phots and little bits of information.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

an Amazon purchase

The Vulcan B.MK2 from a Different Angle by Craig Bulman, 2nd Edition; Revised and Updated

Bought on the recomendations of General Melchette on Britmodeller and obviously bought as refference for my recent purchases of the new Airfix Kit.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

AeroplaneDriver

Nice little package from eBay today containing 6 RAF Yearbook magazines ranging from 1977-1995 including the 1985 one with a great cover of 74 Sqn Phantoms and a tiger head in the background.  I remember buying this one as a kid.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Nick

Do The Birds Still Sing In Hell?
Horace Greasley was captured at Dunkirk and force marched to a prison camp in Poland. While there he met a local girl named Rosa and proceeded to escape over 200 times to be with her and to bring much needed supplies for his fellow prisoners.

Picked this up cheap in The Works. Sounds a bit dreary but should be a good read on the train.

NARSES2

I heard of this story only recently. I think there may be a plan to film it ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

The paperback version of V2 by Robert Harris.

I bought it y'day afternoon and I'm already 3/4 through it!   :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

I've read several Robert Harris novels and I like the story telling in general, the trouble is I find the overall premise and characterisation to be virtually identical.  He weaves a good plot, however.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Couple of Men at Arms Osprey's in the post today

Armies in the Balkans 1914-1918 and The Ottoman Army 1914-1918

They included a flyer in the package of forthcoming publications and due in their X-Planes series is Douglas XB-19. America's Giant WWII Intercontinental Bomber. Due end Oct. Looks interesting  :thumbsup:

AeroplaneDriver

A lovely little bit of What If gold found on eBay.  Covers the "service history" of the TSR.2 in RAF service along with plenty of profiles. 

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PR19_Kit

One of the best TRS2 books out there, written by a master of a researcher.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit