My Library just grew again 2021

Started by Rheged, December 31, 2020, 03:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on March 21, 2021, 04:42:08 AM

Leads to a whole series of Shark replacing the Swordfish whiffs, it's a shame that the one kit out there (as far as I'm aware) is the FROG and it's NOVO & Eastern Express repops.

True, but it's quite a good kit for its age, and well supplied with extras, like floats.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 21, 2021, 05:18:39 AM
Quote from: Knightflyer on March 21, 2021, 04:42:08 AM

Leads to a whole series of Shark replacing the Swordfish whiffs, it's a shame that the one kit out there (as far as I'm aware) is the FROG and it's NOVO & Eastern Express repops.

True, but it's quite a good kit for its age, and well supplied with extras, like floats.  :thumbsup:

Yes, it was probably more due to my inherent clumsiness when dealing with all the various struts, especially on the float plane version!   ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Gondor

Received some back orders from Valiant Wings this morning

Airframe & Minature No.1 Second Edition  The Messerschmitt Me 262

Airframe Album 16  The Messerschmitt Me 410 Hornisse

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

"Leads to a whole series of Shark replacing the Swordfish whiffs ... "

Perhaps earlier production by Boeing Aircraft of Canada in Vancouver with a Wright R-1820
in place of the Tiger or Pegasus. The Wright giving the possibility of a turbosupercharged,
extended span recce variant.
;D

:thumbsup:

loupgarou

I too have received some books in the last few days, but my interests are diversified.  ;D

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

scooter

Is the one purely for researching pinup nose art? :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rick Lowe

Quote from: scooter on March 25, 2021, 02:03:02 PM
Is the one purely for researching pinup nose art? :wacko:

Of course! What other purpose could there possibly be??  ;)

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Gondor

Another ebay purchase for the Library arrived today

Osprey Air Combat series; McDonnell Douglas F-4K and F-4M Phantom II by Michael Burns

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Arrived this morningfrom Naval & Military Press

Traditional Enemies, Brirain's War With Vichy France 1940-1942

Bought as it's a subject I no next to nothing about and it was on sale.

*EDIT: Later in the day from Amazon MMPBooks FV4201 Chieftan Main Battle Tank Plans NO.1 in 1/76, 1/72, 1/48 and 1/35 It includes drawing for the SHIR tank but says it was Iraqi  :o which is wrong as it was for Iran*

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on April 03, 2021, 02:26:03 AM

Gondor

It's both an interesting and very complex one
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 03, 2021, 07:18:52 AM

Gondor

I agree with Chris:  and it's as much an internal French political affair as a purely military one.

I'd be interested to have your comments on the book, I might even consider buying one myself if you recommend it.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Quote from: Rheged on April 03, 2021, 07:45:54 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 03, 2021, 07:18:52 AM

Gondor

I agree with Chris:  and it's as much an internal French political affair as a purely military one.

I'd be interested to have your comments on the book, I might even consider buying one myself if you recommend it.

It will be a while befor I get around to reading it as I was to finish reading the "Long Earth" series first.

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on April 03, 2021, 07:45:54 AM

[/quote]

Indeed, probably more so in actual fact.

I've always (well once I'd got past "O" Level) had an interest in French history and I often wish I'd pursued French at school so I didn't need to rely on translations.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

I did take French to the next stage (A level, 1969)  and I still do use spoken French a lot  both as a National Trust volunteer guide and helping with visitors to the Cathedral..............but I still struggle with written French  academic  texts.  Even little sister (retired head of modern languages  and French speaker to simultaneous translation  standard) reckons that a great many French historians write only  to show how clever they are and not to enlighten their readers.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet