My Library just grew again 2021

Started by Rheged, December 31, 2020, 03:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perttime

'The Ultimate Piston Fighters of the Luftwaffe' by Justo Miranda.
Just arrived. Found a used, good-as-new, copy on UK Amazon - that wasn't all that expensive.
I see lots of profiles and three views, and some technical details and text.

chrisonord

Quote from: Rheged on January 11, 2021, 01:13:18 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on January 10, 2021, 02:49:10 PM
Quote from: tigercat on January 10, 2021, 02:40:29 PM
Landrover by Ben Fogle
I saw that on the clearance shelf in WH Smiths on Tuesday, is it any good?

Not earth shattering, but well worth a read.  I paid £1 for mine in a charity bookshop, but then I'm sometimes a cheapskate when it comes to book buying
Ben Fogle  isn't  a stand out personality  to me, only  seen odd programs with him in. He must have been skint at the time perhaps.
Today arrived  a very  interesting  looking  book, which I will be delving into tonight.  Vulcan's hammer.  Only had a bit of a look so far but there is lots of ideas in it for sure.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Rick Lowe

Received at Christmas: 'Nation' by P'Terry - oops, that should be SIR P'Terry. Sorry, Sir P'Terry RIP... whichever.
One I'd had until I lent it... so it was nice to get another copy.
Of course, it then had to be read sooner, rather than later...  ;D

And last week a late Christmas present of 'Low Level H-E-Doublehockeysticks' by Hugh Mills, his memoir of 2X tours in OH-6 Loaches and 1X tour in AH-1 Cobras in Vietnam.
One I'd been wanting for ages, so requested it as a present.

Gone to the top of the 'To Read' list.  :thumbsup:

chrisonord

Just got the last of my book orders and a birthday  present to  myself.  Scratchbuilding Aircraft  by Megas Tsonos. This is an Inside the Armour publication, which  is  something to do with Chris Meddings. I  am wondering  if he is if relation to Derek Meddings, if so it all clicks together.  It is a very  nice looking  book, with a lot going on inside it so it will  need plenty  of time.to sit and try to absorb it all. Hopefully it will  help me scratch build  a new fuselage for the HP 115, as the original  is unsalvagable.
Chris

Hobbes

Stealth - the secret contest to invent invisible aircraft

Gondor

Just delivered after buying from The Naval & Military Press Ltd winter Sale

Vertical Take-Off Fighter Aircraft

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Received with an order from Hannants and in anticipation the relece of a kit by Airfix

Warpaint Series No. 50  Bristol Beaufort

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Yet another two recent orders arrived today

The Centurian Tank by Bill Munro

Middle East @ War No.12  MiG-23 Flogger in the Middle East

Gondor

Gondor

From the Aviation Book Centre

English Electric Lightning Genesis & Projects by Tony Wilson,

lots of the parts and models I have bought recently are for projects at the back of this book which gives me more info about these projects than I have previously had

Gondor

Gondor

Yet more books arrived today from Hannants this time

Isra Decal Publications Aircraft in Detail 6  AH-64A/D Petem and Saraf in IDF service

Isra Decal Publications Aircraft in Detail 7  AH-1 Tzefa in IDF service

Gondor

Mossie

Blimey Alistair, you could start your own bookshop based on what you've bought since Christmas!

I wasn't aware of the Lightning volume so I've ordered one. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Gondor

Quote from: Mossie on January 27, 2021, 06:20:49 AM
Blimey Alistair, you could start your own bookshop based on what you've bought since Christmas!

I wasn't aware of the Lightning volume so I've ordered one. :thumbsup:

At some future point I will be makeing a list of what I have so that when necessary my other half can simply give lists to companies/people, it will also help me to not buy doubles of anything and to fill gaps in series, wether sci-fi or modelling related.

Gondor

chrisonord

Just got a copy of  BSP 2 jet bombers  since  1949. Very interesting book and a welcome addition to my other BSP books.
Chris

Mossie

For my birthday:
Modelling WWI Tanks by Frederick Astier
Studio Ghibli: The Films of Hayao Miyazaki and ISA Takahata by Colin Odell and Michelle Le Blanc
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on February 03, 2021, 03:28:30 PM
For my birthday:
Modelling WWI Tanks by Frederick Astier

Had to check that out Mossie. Looks very interesting  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.