My Library just grew again 2021

Started by Rheged, December 31, 2020, 03:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Ive only flicked through it quickly, it covers several of the more recent 1/35 tanks and has tips on dioramas.  They didn't include a Whippet which I'd like to have seen but most but all the other major types are there.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Just dropped through  my door my copy of  Lightning  genesis and projects, should  have arrived with my secret projects book, but at least it  is here. Very  interesting stuff  in it especially for us wiffionados. I  think it  were about 8 quid, and well worth buying.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Mossie

Quote from: chrisonord on February 06, 2021, 04:52:24 AM
Just dropped through  my door my copy of  Lightning  genesis and projects, should  have arrived with my secret projects book, but at least it  is here. Very  interesting stuff  in it especially for us wiffionados. I  think it  were about 8 quid, and well worth buying.
Chris

I've got a copy due but it's been delayed.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 05, 2021, 06:40:11 AM
Cheers Mossie  :thumbsup:

It's got me hankering to build a large scale Great War tank or armoured car.  I've got some birthday money so I might just... hmm, which one???

chrisonord

Quote from: Mossie on February 06, 2021, 08:12:39 AM
Chris

I think mine was delayed to Mossie, hopefully yours won't be far behind.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Gondor

Quote from: chrisonord on February 06, 2021, 09:13:28 AM
Quote from: Mossie on February 06, 2021, 08:12:39 AM
Chris

I think mine was delayed to Mossie, hopefully yours won't be far behind.
Chris

I think Colin of Freightdog will have to cast up some more ground attack sets  to go with what's in that book.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

Quote from: Mossie on January 27, 2021, 06:20:49 AM
Blimey Alistair, you could start your own bookshop based on what you've bought since Christmas!

Alistair's Aviation Aery;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on February 06, 2021, 08:21:37 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on February 05, 2021, 06:40:11 AM
Cheers Mossie  :thumbsup:

It's got me hankering to build a large scale Great War tank or armoured car.  I've got some birthday money so I might just... hmm, which one???

Copper State do some nice armoured cars including the Minervas and Model Cellar do a nice Belgian armoured car crew.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 07, 2021, 06:26:08 AM

Copper State do some nice armoured cars including the Minervas and Model Cellar do a nice Belgian armoured car crew.

CSM are on the shortlist, especially the Lanchester & the Lancia 1ZM.  I'll look up Model Cellar, I'm not familiar with them.  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on February 06, 2021, 06:27:10 PM
Quote from: Mossie on January 27, 2021, 06:20:49 AM
Blimey Alistair, you could start your own bookshop based on what you've bought since Christmas!

Alistair's Aviation Aery;D

It's getting there

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

I just picked up next month's 'Large Scale Modelling Magazine' 'Airfix Model World' magazine at the local Tescos (!) and it includes an early build article on the new Airfix 1/72 Vulcan. It's the ONLY 1/72 scale article in the whole mag however............... :(

The builder goes into the usual detail on how it all fits together, including even the paint nos. he used for the seats of the GIBs, as well as the add-on PE stuff he used in the cockpit.

This is a 1/72 scale VULCAN for crying out loud! It's got two tiny portholes in the canopy sides and five panes the windscreen. There's not a hope in hell you can seen anything in there bar the pilot's and co-pilot's seat, so WHY?  :o :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Went into WH Smiths yesterday to pick up a TV paper and a magazine for Mum. Looked at the model magazines and came away with Aviation Classics Special Operations.

Cracking CGI image of a Zimbabwean BAe Hawk on the cover, flying with no pilot  ;D

Lots of short articles about unusual things and little known events in the aviation world - Air Beef in Australia, Javelins and Rhodesia, Tunnans in the Congo, Beverleys and Omani oilfields, Piaggio 166 diamond flights.

Railway fans here might like Testing, Testing, all about British Test Trains with lots of yellow locos on the cover.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on February 10, 2021, 06:28:46 AM

Railway fans here might like Testing, Testing, all about British Test Trains with lots of yellow locos on the cover.

It's even got me in it.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Received today

HIKOKI Publications  Soviet and Russian Testbed Aircraft by Yefin Gordon & Dmitriy Komissarov

It was on sale for less than 50% so how could I resist  :angel:

Gondor