My Library just grew again 2021

Started by Rheged, December 31, 2020, 03:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

A Guideline Pubs softback on RAF Transport Command 1948-1967, 'cos I was there for much of the time.

It's even got a pic of THAT Beverley, the one I went to Gibraltar aboard! I've never seen a pic of it before.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 09, 2021, 07:11:25 AM
I just picked up next month's 'Large Scale Modelling Magazine' 'Airfix Model World' magazine at the local Tescos (!) and it includes an early build article on the new Airfix 1/72 Vulcan. It's the ONLY 1/72 scale article in the whole mag however............... :(

The builder goes into the usual detail on how it all fits together, including even the paint nos. he used for the seats of the GIBs, as well as the add-on PE stuff he used in the cockpit.

This is a 1/72 scale VULCAN for crying out loud! It's got two tiny portholes in the canopy sides and five panes the windscreen. There's not a hope in hell you can seen anything in there bar the pilot's and co-pilot's seat, so WHY?  :o :o

Because the PE was supplied free to AMW and if they don't use it and say nice things about it they  won't get any more.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 12, 2021, 02:30:31 AM

Because the PE was supplied free to AMW and if they don't use it and say nice things about it they  won't get any more

Business rules OK then? Practicality be damned.

But then I'm probably going to cut a hole in the upper wing of the AW52 just so you can see the engine they provide in the kit.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 12, 2021, 02:34:24 AM

Because the PE was supplied free to AMW and if they don't use it and say nice things about it they  won't get any more

Business rules OK then? Practicality be damned.

But then I'm probably going to cut a hole in the upper wing of the AW52 just so you can see the engine they provide in the kit.  :banghead:

I would have dummied up a replacement jet pipe and put the engine in something inappropriate like a DH2.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 12, 2021, 02:43:00 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 12, 2021, 02:34:24 AM

I would have dummied up a replacement jet pipe and put the engine in something inappropriate like a DH2.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 12, 2021, 02:23:49 AM
A Guideline Pubs softback on RAF Transport Command 1948-1967, 'cos I was there for much of the time.

Now I knew a lot of businesses were having to diversify during the Lockdown in order to survive, but I hadn't realised a pub chain had gone into the aeronautical reference book market  :angel: ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

;D ;)

OK, Guidline PUBLICATIONS..............

Regards
Kit

scooter

I just picked up next month's 'Large Scale Modelling Magazine' 'Airfix Model World' magazine at the local Tescos (!) and it includes an early build article on the new Airfix 1/72 Vulcan. It's the ONLY 1/72 scale article in the whole mag however............... :(

The builder goes into the usual detail on how it all fits together, including even the paint nos. he used for the seats of the GIBs, as well as the add-on PE stuff he used in the cockpit.

This is a 1/72 scale VULCAN for crying out loud! It's got two tiny portholes in the canopy sides and five panes the windscreen. There's not a hope in hell you can seen anything in there bar the pilot's and co-pilot's seat, so WHY?  :o :o

Because the PE was supplied free to AMW and if they don't use it and say nice things about it they  won't get any more.

Or build the Vulcan as sunk in Thunderball?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on February 12, 2021, 08:55:25 AM

Well yeah, but he didn't, he built the whole model, and you couldn't see ANY of the extra stuff............

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

Haynes is having a clearance sale...

Jaguar XJR9 (and their other Group C racers)
Jaguar D-type
NASA operations
Hubble
Vickers VC-10

tigercat

Death of the Scharnhorst , John Winton

zenrat

Quote from: scooter on February 12, 2021, 08:55:25 AM

Did the top of the Vulcan come off like that normally (in an emergency natch)?  Or was it something they just did for the filming.
And did they use parts of a real Vulcan or was it a mock up?

Yes, I could probably look this up but I know someone out there will have the answers at their fingertips.

Fred

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on February 13, 2021, 04:35:46 PM
Did the top of the Vulcan come off like that normally (in an emergency natch)?  Or was it something they just did for the filming.
And did they use parts of a real Vulcan or was it a mock up?

Yes, I could probably look this up but I know someone out there will have the answers at their fingertips.

According to the Bond wiki the film crew built a full size mockup that they sank for and dynamited after filming.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Fred

Hobbes