My Library just grew again 2021

Started by Rheged, December 31, 2020, 03:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

An excellent book..................and I wish whoever I loaned my copy to would return it!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

rickshaw

Despite just finished local lockdown, I received from overseas the following two book:

:thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Whirlwind looks interesting especially
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 28, 2021, 05:55:02 AM
Whirlwind looks interesting especially

Not as detailed as the Vulcan book unfortunately.  I suspect it was because of time, the lack of adequate archives and of course not as much testing was done.   The Vulcan book has more detail than is useful.  The Whirlwind book has too little.  It is bit like an oversized profile.   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Rheged

Haynes manual on the maritime Lynx.  £3  in The Works ,  Carlisle

and a detailed book on the "Upper Works Railway", the narrow gauge system that was used in the building and operation of the Fort William Aluminium works and hydro power station.

Nick

Quote from: Rheged on July 28, 2021, 01:07:54 PM

and a detailed book on the "Upper Works Railway", the narrow gauge system that was used in the building and operation of the Fort William Aluminium works and hydro power station.

That last one sounds interesting. I've walked a bit around there and seen photos of the remains of bridges that look very Indiana Jones!

Rheged

Quote from: Nick on July 28, 2021, 01:23:22 PM

That last one sounds interesting. I've walked a bit around there and seen photos of the remains of bridges that look very Indiana Jones!

I've walked just about all of the line in the last few years, and there are (as of 2018) many bridges and lengths of permanent way still intact.  I agree that  the bridges are very  Indiana Jones.

Pellson

...the Fort William Aluminium works and hydro power station.

Where is this?
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Arrived today

Bombs Gone, The development and use of British air-dropped weapons from 1912 to the presant day

Bought because there was a discussion about bombs and I didn't have any info  :banghead:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Arrived today

Postwar Military Aircraft:6 Handley Page Victor by Andrew Brookes.

Has a rough load out drawing for freefall Iron bombs

Add this information to the fact that each group of bombs is the same as each group of bombs supplied in the new Airfix Vulcan kit then you need  One and Two Thirds of a Vulcan kit bomb load per Victor. Now where can I get some nice info on the inside of a Victor Bomb Bay  :mellow:

The lower part of the picture shows the mounting points for the same Bucket of Instant sunshine supplied with the Valiant kit, Just so you know.....

Gondor

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on July 29, 2021, 02:40:56 AM
Quote from: Pellson on July 29, 2021, 01:50:00 AM
...the Fort William Aluminium works and hydro power station.

Where is this?

Scotland

https://canmore.org.uk/site/281679/fort-william-lochaber-aluminium-smelter-power-house

Gondor

Thanks, Alastair. As an ex navvie, anything rail related is quite interesting.

Re the Victor bomb scheme - interesting! I've never seen that before.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on August 02, 2021, 10:48:06 AM

Thanks, Alastair. As an ex navvie, anything rail related is quite interesting.

Re the Victor bomb scheme - interesting! I've never seen that before.

I had a look at my Airfix Victor kits, the bomb bay detail and roof are there as are the open Bomb Bay doors for the Resonance version. Would just need to know how the "clips" of seven bombs were mounted. Also while looking at the Resonance version I would it had two large round fuel tanks, I wounder if they will fit in a Vulcan?

Gondor

Rheged

PR19_Kit

Calume Douglas' 'The Secret Horsepower Race', all about aero engine development during WWII in the European sector. And what a mighty tome it is too, 480 pages packed with smallish script, loads of pics and BUCKETS of diagrams.

All part of an exchange deal with Army of One, and an indeterminate number of decals to be supplied as desired on his part at any time in the future. Assuming I'm still alive of course.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit