Started by Rheged, December 31, 2020, 03:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

From the Aviation Book Centre

Isradecal F-16I Sufa in IAF Service - Updated Edition

Free paxk of AK Weathering Pencils, Chipping and Aging set.... Free  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

From Thriftbooks

Bombs Gone (Wings 9) Modern Aircraft Ordnance in Action

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Steel Penguin

from the avon show, Tankograd British special 30  British forces Germany  ( post BAOR)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Gondor

Received today

The K File
The Royal Air Force of the 1930s
An Air-Britain Publication

Not my normal subject matter but the cahnces of using the material to produce a whiff or two is apealing, as is the posibility of building a Gordon in Khartoum is as well  ;D

Gondor

Mossie

Haynes Westland Lynx Owners Workshop Manual from The Works.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

After a fruitless walk around Croydon yesterday looking for something I ended up in Waterstones and bought a paperback copy of "Dunkirk - Fight To he Last Man" by Hugh Sebag-Montefiore in order to calm myself down a bit before the pub  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

British Military Vehicles  of the 1950s.  An £8.99 bookazine  that details the army soft skin trucks  I remember from my youth.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

From eBay:
English Electric Lightning Genesis & projects

Some interesting ideas in there.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Received this afternoon

FlighjtCraft 7
V-Bombers
Valiant, Vulcan ^ Victor

Nice little book

Gondor

Gondor

Received this afternoon

FlighjtCraft 11: English Electric Lightning. Nice little book

From The Works: Haynes Manual for £5  :thumbsup:

Gondor

McColm

I have received my copy of Tony Buttler's book American Secret Projects:
Bombers,  Attack and Anti-Submarine Aircraft 1945-1974.

There's line drawings,  models and concept artwork throughout the book. Some of the designs I have seen before in other books and some of the whatifs I have built not knowing that they were dreamed up back in the 1950s/60s.
The book shows how the concepts are turned into the aircraft that we know or have known with alternatives and the almost nearly made it into production examples.
A good read for any whiffer with plenty of whiffertering to be done.
This should deplete my spare parts boxes, good old Mach2 kits I know that they would come in handy one day!

Gondor

Another adition to my liberary via eBay arived today

On Target Profile 11:  CarberraPart 2, RAF Fighter Canopy Variants and Camberra in Worldwide Service

Gondor

Gondor

Arrived today from the recent Naval & Military Press sale

MMP Books White Series No:9138 The Boeing B-17 Flying Fprtress in Foreign Service

MMP Books White Series No:9143 Finnish Jet Colours

MMP Books Yellow Series No:6142 Mil Mi-8/17/171 Hip

Gondor

scooter

Read on Kindle Unlimited: The Vixen War Bride

Synopsis:
With the destruction of their home colony, Captain Ben Gibson and his Army Rangers have nowhere else to go.

Six months after humanity's victory in Earth's first ever interstellar war, a group of soldiers are tasked with running a convoy refueling base in a rural part of the occupied enemy world. When they arrive, they find the local village has been abandoned in anticipation of their arrival by the panicked residents. Fearing a possible humanitarian crisis, the troops have to go into the alien wilderness to find them, reassure them that the humans are not the savages they've been taught they are and bring them back.

And it won't be easy. They will have to overcome language barriers, a fearful and hostile population, cross-cultural miscommunications, almost no support from the Army, and their own demons to succeed. With no idea where to start, it looks nearly impossible until the sudden arrival of a dirty, disheveled priestess who confesses to a host of war crimes and demands she be executed for them.

Highly recommended, I read both the first and second book in one sitting.  The author is a retired USAF journalist with 3 deployments, and based the plot around an anecdotal incident that happened immediately after the surrender and occupation of Japan.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Gondor

Received today

Naval Fighters Number Forty-Five
Douglas A4D  Skywarrior
Part One
Design/Structure/Testing

Fighter?

Gondor