Northrop NF-5 Quad

Started by 63cpe, December 31, 2020, 09:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

Northrop NF-5 Quad

Everyone knows the F-5 Freedom fighter. The Dutch Air Force also flew this aircraft and, under the influence of the 1974 defense memorandum, had its own variant built and designed by Fokker. By adding two engines, a more reliable aircraft was developed with a larger fuel capacity, so that it also had a larger range. This larger radius of action was desirable in order to be able to carry out air defense over the North Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean.
Usually, two engines were used to increase the range.

IMG_7246 (3) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_7239 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_7233 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_7232 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_7243 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

It's actually two 1/72 Matchbox F-5s on top of each other with F-4 inlets. The landing gear comes from a 1/48 MiG-21 with 1/72 Mig-21 wheels.

More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsonsspecial/albums/72157713042216678

Hope you like it.

Cheers,
David aka 63cpe

PR19_Kit

Quote from: 63cpe on December 31, 2020, 09:16:31 AM

It's actually two 1/72 Matchbox F-5s on top of each other with F-4 inlets. The landing gear comes from a 1/48 MiG-21 with 1/72 Mig-21 wheels.

Hehehehe, I LOVE that idea, and it looks really fearsome from the rear!  :wub: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

63cpe

This was build and inspired by a drawing I've seen on this forum, just can't find the drawing nor the artist anymore. Kudo's need to be shared!

David aka 63cpe

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Simple and head-scratching.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

Very nice engineering  David, I  like this :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Wurgerman

Looks like a beast of a fighter, well done !

Wurgerman

Glenn Gilbertson

That looks hairy - and a maintenance nightmare! :thumbsup:

Tophe

You made me dream of a similar Mirage 5, see at https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=10054.195  ;D
(as drawing only, not as amazing as a true model like yours, 63cpe, congratulations again) :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Joe C-P

Now there's something different.   :thumbsup:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.