Slingsby T-68 Wren

Started by 63cpe, December 31, 2020, 09:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

Slingsby T-68 Wren

In addition to the Short Tucano, a cheap, fast two-engined aircraft was sought to continue the training of RAF pilots. Slingsby subscribed to the request for proposal and suggested the T-68 Wren. After some modifications to the engines, the T-68 was accepted by the RAF. Here is an example from No.7 Flying training School at Church Fenton, UK.

IMG_7247 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_7251 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_7252 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_7260 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Actually it is a short Tucano who borrowed the engine and prop for another project, with zvezda "Tara" wings, stabilos and engines.

More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsonsspecial/albums/72157717645852758/with/50783886657/

Hope you like it!

Cheers,
David aka 63cpe

ericr

:o :o :o
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

your whole series of kitbashes is very inspired ! I am impressed

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

JayBee

Now that is a truly interesting, and posible, looking concept.  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kitbasher

Oh, top banana.  :thumbsup:
It may be a Slingsby, but to me there's deffo something Diamond (e.g. as in DA-40) about it.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Rheged

A plausible design, I like it!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Cobra

this is Super Cool :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hope to see More Like this,Ever thought of making one for HM Coast Guard as a Search Plane?Dan

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

That's looking very good - like a Shorts prototype for a trainer with electric engines?  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

I like this very much - looks like a British prototype for a light trainer with electric engines?

kitbasher

In the original thread I said it had something of the Diamond DA-40 about it.  I did of course mean the DA-42.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Gentlemen, what I will do when I get a spare hour or so latter in the week and I can concentrate on just the one thing is go in and merge these duplicate subjects and delete any duplicate replies. Sorry I didn't do this earlier, but I'm afraid my brain has to be in "the right place" when I use the Merge function and it hasn't been the last few days. To much after Christmas/New Year stuff and domestic necessities. Now't nasty, just a bit time consuming.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AndrewF

Very convincing - great job!