Gloster Herald Mk I

Started by 63cpe, December 31, 2020, 09:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on January 01, 2021, 12:06:54 PM

The Gloster Herald

etc. etc.

OUTSTANDING! I KNEW you could do it, and what a masterpiece it is too.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I love the idea of the Mk 4s, and I'm sorely tempted to build one, assuming I could find the right bits of course.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: 63cpe on January 01, 2021, 12:43:22 PM
Oh woooow Rheged, what a great back story! I'm impressed and sure can't do such good back stories. Very well done!

Could I put your story with the pictures?

David aka 63cpe

It's your model so you may use  the backstory it triggered however you see fit.   Thank you for letting me play with your original idea.

Kit, keep an eye on the Jet Age Museum website. Staverton isn't far  from either of us and I think one of their taxiable Heralds is a mark 4.........if they ever get it out again..     
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

63cpe

QuoteQuote from: 63cpe on Today at 12:43:22 pm
Oh woooow Rheged, what a great back story! I'm impressed and sure can't do such good back stories. Very well done!

Could I put your story with the pictures?

David aka 63cpe

It's your model so you may use  the backstory it triggered however you see fit.   Thank you for letting me play with your original idea.

Kit, keep an eye on the Jet Age Museum website. Staverton isn't far  from either of us and I think one of their taxiable Heralds is a mark 4.........if they ever get it out again.. 

Hahaha, I love it! Thanks! you're really great in this...

Leading Observer

Great backstory Rheged :thumbsup: A fine example of co-operative working
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on January 01, 2021, 01:21:32 PM

I'm almost a regular at The Aviator cafe/bar at the east end of the 27 runway at Staverton, and I often see the guys working on the ramp at the Jet Age Museum with my bins. I've not seen the Herald yet, but it's only a matter of time........  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

zenrat

Very good Dave.  Although Gloster Herald makes me think of a local newspaper.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

Sounds favourite  too Fred ;D
This wouldn't  look out of place  in my alternative RAF builds  David, I  like it.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on January 02, 2021, 02:57:19 AM
Very good Dave.  Although Gloster Herald makes me think of a local newspaper.

:thumbsup:

Actually, Railway Air Services made quite a lot of money delivering newspapers to far flung parts of the UK.   Possibly, that may have something to do with its name.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

63cpe