My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Got an email from the Big H to say my two kits are on the way.................................. to my temporary address in Northants where I was staying over lockdown!  :banghead:

Luckily I'll be heading that way in a week or two anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

AeroplaneDriver

Couple of arrivals this week from the eBay Fairly

1/144 Bandai Star Wars U-Wing/TIE Striker combo.  Kitbash plans for these two.

1/48 Revell F-15E Strike Eagle.  No idea on this one but feels like too nice a kit to end up in allover Gunship Gray.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

zenrat

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on August 20, 2021, 09:06:52 PM
Couple of arrivals this week from the eBay Fairly

1/144 Bandai Star Wars U-Wing/TIE Striker combo.  Kitbash plans for these two.

1/48 Revell F-15E Strike Eagle.  No idea on this one but feels like too nice a kit to end up in allover Gunship Gray.

May I suggest something like this?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Despite my serious misgivings and disappointment with the new Airfix Mosquito (I keep finding tiny stupid errors, omissions and mistakes in it), I snaffled another off ebay.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Eventually received today from Air-Graphics

1 x 1/72 CS-25 T-45C Goshawk Conversion Set
1 x 1/72 AC-297 Panavia Tornade Under Fuselage Central Weapons Pylon
1 x 1/72 AC-037 BAe Hawk 67 (Korea) nose conversion set.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

My two kits from the Big H have arrived............................ 120 miles away from me. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Time to blow some $#!@ up!   

-Sprues McDuck-

rickshaw

Always struck me how easy it was to get Western weapons but how hard it is to get Eastern ones...  :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

TheChronicOne

You ain't-a-lyin, brotha!! I was taking a gander myself and the ones to be had were....... ehhhhh...  "pricey."  A wee bit of a barrier in my opinion. Not nearly as many options as these Freedom-Poppers.  ;D 
-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: rickshaw on August 22, 2021, 08:04:38 PM
Always struck me how easy it was to get Western weapons but how hard it is to get Eastern ones...  :banghead:

There are very good Soviet/Russian weapon sets in 1:72 from Dragon, ICM and MasterCraft. Even Hasegawa released one in 2014. And other scales are available out there, too, if need be.

TheChronicOne

Got me one of these! Only 350 produced, ever, and only sold at a certain concession stand at Dodgers Stadium in California during home games in the early 60's.

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Jeepers Brad, that's a Holy Grail kit if ever there was one!  :thumbsup: :o

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Cool. Hope you did not have to sell a kidney for it (yours or third party item).  :rolleyes:

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 22, 2021, 11:02:14 PM

There are very good Soviet/Russian weapon sets in 1:72 from Dragon, ICM and MasterCraft. Even Hasegawa released one in 2014. And other scales are available out there, too, if need be.

I have two of the ICM sets (Soviet Air to Air, and Soviet Air to Ground) and one of the Dragon (Soviet air to ground).  The Dragon set was hard to find and is the only one I have ever seen in the flesh.
The ICM sets seem to be intended for fast movers while the Dragon one seems more suited to choppers and Grach.
The Hasegawa JASDF set has some interesting stuff in it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

Quote from: zenrat on August 23, 2021, 04:04:21 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 22, 2021, 11:02:14 PM

I have two of the ICM sets (Soviet Air to Air, and Soviet Air to Ground) and one of the Dragon (Soviet air to ground).  The Dragon set was hard to find and is the only one I have ever seen in the flesh.
The ICM sets seem to be intended for fast movers while the Dragon one seems more suited to choppers and Grach.
The Hasegawa JASDF set has some interesting stuff in it.

I've got Pack #1 and Pack #2 of the Dragon Soviet sets plus a load of those "western" Hasegawa sets. I've got an Airfix and a Heller RAF/NATO sets too.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike