My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Pellson on October 12, 2021, 06:01:24 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on October 11, 2021, 05:11:57 PM
Received this ebay win today and it's one i've had my sights on for quite a while. 1979 vintage kit so it's as old as i am.
The Portuguese air force had the G-91R/3 and 4 as well as the T/3 and also looked into getting the Y back in 1974 but they didn't so this one will be correcting that mistake.  ;D

That's kind of a whif waiting to happen.  ;D Good stuff!

Yup, it is indeed! I've been looking for one of these for that reason because i'd read about the PoAF's intentions of buying 18 of the G-91Y a long time ago but these kits, besides being somewhat rare nowadays, they're selling for ridiculous prices on ebay so, when i found the listing for this auction for 5£ with no bids, i kept it in my watchlist to see if the final price could be worth it. None of the 6 people watching went for it so i got it for the lowest price possible which was 20£ with tracked shipping through the global shipping program. That meant it wouldn't be held by the Portuguese Customs and i wouldn't have to deal with them to get it. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

Received this ebay win today and it's one i've had my sights on for quite a while. 1979 vintage kit so it's as old as i am.

The Portuguese air force had the G-91R/3 and 4 as well as the T/3 and also looked into getting the Y back in 1974 but they didn't so this one will be correcting that mistake.  ;D

Switzerland looked into the Yankee Gina, too, with an extra pair of pylons (for AAMs) as G-91YS. There was only a prototype. though. Maybe this became an export variant for Portugal...?

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 13, 2021, 03:00:58 AM

Switzerland looked into the Yankee Gina, too, with an extra pair of pylons (for AAMs) as G-91YS. There was only a prototype. though. Maybe this became an export variant for Portugal...?

Ooh.. Never saw that pic. And i like it! Image saved!  :thumbsup:
Seeing that the PoAF didn't have any other interceptor besides the F-86 at the time, that would really have come in handy. NATO didn't allow Portugal to use the Sabres in Africa so those would probably fill the role if the war kept going. Thanks for the suggestion, Thomas!  I'll very likely do that when I build the kit. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

From the Big H Dora Wings Republic P-43 Lancer. Probably do this as RNEIAF
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 12, 2021, 04:48:22 AM
eBay says I've won the Tamiya Mosquito I was bidding on, along with Model decal 46 with an LTF Lightning.  But I didn't win the RAFDec Hunter sheet. Still, I bid a good few quid more than the start price and the buyer has paid nigh on twice the Hannants price. Haha!

So I went to Hannants site and bought it, plus another Modeldecal sheet. Phantoms, but it does have a decent size red Eagle which I want for the Thunderbird, so another win for me.

After all that, it turns out I bought said Hunter sheet months ago.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Arrived today, from eBay

1/72 Xtradecal X003-72 Phantim FG.1/FGR.2 Decals for 43 and 111 Squadrons which will go nicly with a couple of whiffs I have

from Scale Model Shop

2FL Oz bottle of Formula 560
Albion Alloys Brass Tube 3mm x 0.45mm x 4
Maquett Round Styrene Rod 1.00 / 0.040" x 330mm x 5
Maquett Round Styrene Tube 2.0mm x 1.00mm / 0.080" x 0.040" x 330mm x 5

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Spey_Phantom

just placed a new online order :)

-2 x 1/144 Zvezda Polikorpov Po-2
-1 x 1/144 Zvezda Lavochkin La-5FN
-1 x 1/144 Zvezda Lagg-3
-1 x 1/144 Zvezda Mi-24 Hind
-1 x 1/144 Eduard Junkers Ju-87B Dual combo
-2 x 1/144 AFV Club F4U-1 Corsair (with folding wings)
-2 sets of various panelline scribers.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Nils on October 14, 2021, 12:31:33 AM
just placed a new online order :)

-2 x 1/144 Zvezda Polikorpov Po-2
-1 x 1/144 Zvezda Lavochkin La-5FN
-1 x 1/144 Zvezda Lagg-3
-1 x 1/144 Zvezda Mi-24 Hind
-1 x 1/144 Eduard Junkers Ju-87B Dual combo
-2 x 1/144 AFV Club F4U-1 Corsair (with folding wings)
-2 sets of various panelline scribers.

arrived today  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Old Wombat

Old Fart Error Code: 0103
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Wooksta!

All of the 72nd Xtradecal Lightning sheets arrived for me at Uncle Frank's.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

McColm

I've bought another 1/72 Italeri Boeing MH-47E SOA Chinook
Mil-1MG float helicopter
Matchbox Bell OH-58D
C-160
Ford Capri in 1/25 scale
The plan is to convert the Chinook into a tilt engined flying machine for the GB Gunship build.
The floats will be used on the 1/72 Boeing V-22 Osprey as my model doesn't, it sunk in a bowl of water!
Two bottles of Butter beer and a plastic toy Ambulance. The rear doors are missing and so is the side window. It appears that it used to have a working siren with flashing lights. It would make a great camper van. The hub caps are knackered.

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

That pic makes it look Gerry Anderson!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

It's a Tu-144 so it's bound to be  1/144 scale................  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit