My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

ICM tend to begin the kit number with the scale, the visible part of this kit's number is 144...., so Kit's probably right (by accident ;)).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

I looked it up actually, and it IS 1/144.  ;D

I'm not sure if anyone does a 1/72 Tu-144, anyone know?

VEB did their 1/100 prototype of it, one of which is languishing in The Loft, I know not why.......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 17, 2021, 06:19:32 AM

VEB did their 1/100 prototype of it, one of which is languishing in The Loft, I know not why.......

You will probably find out as soon as you look at it  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Nick

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 16, 2021, 05:05:53 PM
  New kit. Yay.

Yes, it is 1/144 scale

It's been a while since I looked at my one but the box was very well packed to the point of being hard to open. I've seen a couple built and they look excellent.
I think I also have the Lindberg 1/230 scale kit in the stash.

The VEB one is undoubtedly made of very hard white plastic, about 20 parts total and crude in places. Bit of work and it could look good.

PR19_Kit

The VEB kit looks very strange when built as it only has one engine nacelle, but a very BIG one, slap in the middle of the underside of the wing-fuselage. Totally unlike a Concorde or a production Tu-144.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Yes, 1/144 but the box is huge!!  It's larger than the sprues by maybe 20% but the perfect size to hold the model after it gets larger from being assembled. I got it for a great price direct from Lithuania, took only 12 days to arrive! I've had anxiety about buy over seas but I'm learning that it's misplaced. Hooray for global economy. Anyway... I should have taken a better picture..

I bought it via US ebay for $33. https://www.ebay.com/itm/154452824814

Ol' boy that send it put it in a box that was skin tight on the model so it wouldn't deal well against impact damage  (it did arrive in perfect shape, though, so no worries) but by golly it was sealed well... every inch of the box was covered in tape to the point where I'm almost positve it was not only water but air tight. You could submerge it at the bottom of a swimming pool for 3 days and bring it back up and it would be dry as a bone.  ;D :o

The guts.... the lid is like a typical lid but the interior box isn't just open on the top, it is a closing box in and of itself, made of quality, thick carboard rather than flimsy thin stuff. The plastic all looks really nice from what I can tell. No flash......  fine recessed panel lines that don't look out of scale....    this could be a really fun build.

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

That does look an awesome kit, quite apart from the equally awesome box art!  :o

I'll be interested to see how the build goes.

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

A couple of backorders arrived from the Big H today.

First an AZ SR53-T, a fictional trainer version of the rocket fighter, comes with a complete single seat SR53 kit, minus canopy, and whole new sprue with a 2 seat fuselage, canopy and some tip tanks etc, and an interesting decal sheet.

Second a couple more chunks of Berlin Wall to go with my Berlin Brigade Challenger II when I finish building it.

Here's the section of Wall that I've already built, it took at least a minute.............  ;D

Regards
Kit

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Jeepers!  :o

Note the stock no! Very apt.

Regards
Kit

Freightdog862

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 18, 2021, 04:37:55 AM

First an AZ SR53-T, a fictional trainer version of the rocket fighter, comes with a complete single seat SR53 kit, minus canopy, and whole new sprue with a 2 seat fuselage, canopy and some tip tanks etc, and an interesting decal sheet.

Hi Kit, can you show us a picture of the extra sprue in the SR53T? Just out of interest...

Colin

PR19_Kit

Sure, I'll try and post it tomorrow.

I'm not at home at the mo, and the kit is.

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 17, 2021, 05:27:30 PM
Yes, 1/144 but the box is huge!!  It's larger than the sprues by maybe 20% but the perfect size to hold the model after it gets larger from being assembled. I got it for a great price direct from Lithuania, took only 12 days to arrive! I've had anxiety about buy over seas but I'm learning that it's misplaced. Hooray for global economy. Anyway... I should have taken a better picture..

I bought it via US ebay for $33. https://www.ebay.com/itm/154452824814

Ol' boy that send it put it in a box that was skin tight on the model so it wouldn't deal well against impact damage  (it did arrive in perfect shape, though, so no worries) but by golly it was sealed well... every inch of the box was covered in tape to the point where I'm almost positve it was not only water but air tight. You could submerge it at the bottom of a swimming pool for 3 days and bring it back up and it would be dry as a bone.  ;D :o

The guts.... the lid is like a typical lid but the interior box isn't just open on the top, it is a closing box in and of itself, made of quality, thick carboard rather than flimsy thin stuff. The plastic all looks really nice from what I can tell. No flash......  fine recessed panel lines that don't look out of scale....    this could be a really fun build.

Is it possible to graft the wings from a 1/144 Tu-160 to it. The Russian  SST.

major

Quote from: Freightdog862 on October 19, 2021, 04:43:51 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 18, 2021, 04:37:55 AM

Hi Kit, can you show us a picture of the extra sprue in the SR53T? Just out of interest...

Colin
Might save Mr. Kit the trouble?   https://www.super-hobby.com/products/Saunders-Roe-SR-53T-1-Rocketeer.html

PR19_Kit

Yes, that's it, plus the decal sheet and 2 seat canopy.

Regards
Kit