My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Picked this up for a song to add to my meager collection of 1/200 stuff. I have 15-20 of them, airliners, but this one might not actually go with what I have in mind so I might trade it off or something, who knows.

-Sprues McDuck-

scooter

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 16, 2021, 04:52:28 PM
Picked this up for a song to add to my meager collection of 1/200 stuff. I have 15-20 of them, airliners, but this one might not actually go with what I have in mind so I might trade it off or something, who knows.

See if you can find (or have) decals for Kalitta Air or any of the other air freight companies.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

TheChronicOne

WILCO. I'm going to get one of these in 1/144, too, and plan to make it either KLM or United (80's Saul Bass) for pax so doing this one in cargo livery would be perfect. Thanks!
-Sprues McDuck-

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Pellson on November 16, 2021, 10:25:23 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 15, 2021, 02:48:14 PM
Having unpacked the somewhat large box filled to the brim with purchased goodies - and it did tax my tessellation skills somewhat - perhaps its time to list it to widespread astonishment/sneers/cries of insaity/shaking of heads/apathy (delete as applicable)

3 x Airfix Lightning F1As (One included a number of Aeroclub white metal Lightning upgrade bits, totalling more than I paid for the kit.  Result!)
3 x Airfix Lightning F3
2 x Airfix Lightning F6
1 Sword Lightning T5
1 Sword Lightning T4/T5
1 Hasegawa Lightning F6 (original)
2 x Hasegawa Lightning F6 (1980s tooling)
2 x Hasegawa Lightning F6 (original tool in Frog box)
1 Novo Lightning F6
1 Trumpeter Lightning F6
1 Matchbox Lightning T55

3 x Airfix Hunter FGA9
1 Revell Hunter F6 (upon opening earlier, it also contained a complete Hobbycraft Su 22 Fitter.  Result!)
1 Revell Hunter FGA9

1 AZ SR53 single seater
1 AZ SR53 two seater
Reluctantly, I might add, for reasons spelled out in no uncertain terms elsewhere.

1 Novo Hawker Seahawk
1 Matchbox Canberra PR9
1 Magna DH Hornet F3
1 Tamiya Mosquito NF13/17
1 Rugrat Vickers Viscount - not into airliners, but this was too good to ignore.

The following are not what I normally build, but bought for the express purpose of chopping up for various kitbashes/scratchbodges.
1 Frog boxed Hasegawa Super Sabre (possible Supermarine Type 545 F2 or type 554 T-bird)
2 x PM Sukhoi Su 15 Flagons - actually a single and a two seater.  One will end up as my interpretation of Kit's EE Flattening concerpt (the taped up proof of concept seemed to look about right), t'other may end up as part of a Vickers Type 583.
1 Amodel Sukhoi Su 9
4 x Sukhoi Su 22 Fitters - three reboxed Bilek kits and a single Hobbycraft that looks to be bang on for what I want it for (an Olympus engined EE P.6 fuselage whilst the wings may be useful for a VG Swift).  See also the extra in the Revell Hunter F6, this brings the total number of Fitters to 5.  One example also had a Pavla resin upgrade set.

Bought on behalf of other people
1 Aeroclub Anson C19
1 Airfix Britten Norman Islander
1 Airfix Britten Norman Defender

From Kitbasher
1 Hasegawa Spitfire mk IXc - this was a deal arranged a year back and was the ONLY Spitfire kit purchase
1 Heller F86 Sabre
Aeroclub XP67 Moonbat white metal undercarriage and props

From Chris
2 x Tamiya Mosquito B.IV
Plus part of a Kits at War decal sheet for Mosquitoes.

I also picked up a good quantity of decals, including one of the early Xtradecal Lightning sheets I've been hunting for, and a quantity of Modeldecal sheets at decidedly cheap prices from Hannants.
Bargain bits by way of accessories were also snaffled from some of the second hand dealers, including various Lightning bits and some Spitfire parts.

Wonderland also had their bits boxes full of sprues and bits.  Digging through, I managed to get various sprues from the Airfix Shackleton - wings, engines, props and undercarriage - mainly as donor bits for either a Lincoln or a Tudor, probably the former.

Very satisfying time.  Thoroughly enjoyed the weekend.

Bloody hell, Lee! That's half a stashTM on its own!  :o

You should grab a Lightning at some point if the opportunity presents itself. 😆

Nice haul.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Dizzyfugu

1:144 Lockheed L300-1100 "StarLifter"; aircraft "OY-GRI", operated by Air Greenland; 2004 (Whif/modified Roden kit)
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

:lol:

NARSES2

A bit late, but then I didn't travel back until Monday, here's my Telford Haul.

Airfix 1/72 Buccaneer S.2B and an Eduard masking set to go with it. Not sure if this will be real world or whiffed.
KP 1/72 Spitfire Mk Ia "Watts Prop" boxing. Will be real world 54 Sqd 1940, because I like the scheme.
Planet 1/72 Fw 191 bomber project. I only got this because Nick offered to take it home for me in his car, but it turned out that I could get it in my bag, so thanks Nick  :thumbsup:

Various tools, glues etc, plus some more Brush Magic.

As an aside and to show that the public transport system can work well on occasions, my train left Birmingham bang on time at 11:10 on Monday and I walked through my front door at 13:50 that afternoon. Now that involved, Birmingham to London Euston ; Euston to Victoria by tube ; Victoria to Crystal Palace by Overground ; Crystal Palace to home by bus. Not bad  ;) :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 16, 2021, 12:48:44 PM
The box was overflowing, so I got a larger one late sunday afternoon.

Should have added a Hallamvac Westland Welkin to the list.  It comes with decals too - the one I bought back in 1990 didn't.

Coulda, shoulda, didn't.  It's a s sign of a good show when you come home with a big score but regret a purchase you didn't make.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

No, the Welkin was actually bought, I should have added it to the list but forgot it amongst everything else.

The one thing I really do regret not buying was a Magna Scimitar for twenty notes, whilst I missed out on a second Matchbox Canberra PR9 for less than a tenner. Still in two minds about not picking up an Airfix Swift or two.  I have several, plus Xtrakit and CMR, so it's no real loss.

Wockney Canker Uncle Albert at Kit Krazy had a Whirlybirds Lightbing T-Bird which I left behind on the grounds that even with the 30% off he offers, it was still vastly overpriced.  He had £47(!) on the box and I can buy them new from Whirlybird direct for £35.  He can... (rest of rant deleted on legal grounds)
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

A trio of items from the BIG yellow H

1 x 1/72 Flying Leathernecks FLV72003 McDonnell F-4E/G/S/J(UK) Belly Strap

1 x 1/72 Quickboost QB72457 Lancaster Gun Barrels

1 x 1/72 Rob-Taurus 72075 Hasegawa F-14 Tomcat replacement caonpy. So I can pinch the one from the kit for the Mirage 4000

From Ebay

1 x 1/72 Italeri Mirage 2000D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 16, 2021, 11:23:43 PM

1:144 Lockheed L300-1100 "StarLifter"; aircraft "OY-GRI", operated by Air Greenland; 2004 (Whif/modified Roden kit)
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

:lol:

YEAAAAAAH!! Sweet!!  I love that red on there...
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

More cheap eBay stuff. A couple of F-19s and the Attacki Iraqers set.

-Sprues McDuck-

Hobbes

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 17, 2021, 02:00:13 AM
A bit late, but then I didn't travel back until Monday, here's my Telford Haul.

Airfix 1/72 Buccaneer S.2B and an Eduard masking set to go with it. Not sure if this will be real world or whiffed.
KP 1/72 Spitfire Mk Ia "Watts Prop" boxing. Will be real world 54 Sqd 1940, because I like the scheme.
Planet 1/72 Fw 191 bomber project. I only got this because Nick offered to take it home for me in his car, but it turned out that I could get it in my bag, so thanks Nick  :thumbsup:

Various tools, glues etc, plus some more Brush Magic.

As an aside and to show that the public transport system can work well on occasions, my train left Birmingham bang on time at 11:10 on Monday and I walked through my front door at 13:50 that afternoon. Now that involved, Birmingham to London Euston ; Euston to Victoria by tube ; Victoria to Crystal Palace by Overground ; Crystal Palace to home by bus. Not bad  ;) :thumbsup:

Not bad at all. I don't think I've ever done Birmingham-London in less than 2 hours by car. And I've tried  :wacko:

Gondor

Arrived today

Lifecolour Diorama Set CS 27: 6 Shades of Black!

Lifecolour Camouflage Set  CS 35: The Battle of Britian, Royal Air Force Colours

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

scooter

Quote from: Gondor on November 18, 2021, 10:24:47 AM
Arrived today

Lifecolour Diorama Set: 6 Shades of Black!

Just how many shades?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Gondor

Quote from: scooter on November 18, 2021, 01:35:25 PM

Just how many shades?

The SIX flavours of Black are; Dirty Black, Vulcanized Rubber, Tire Black, Worn Black, Deep Cockpit and Burned Black which would be handy in dioramas for painting toast or the sunday roast. ;D