Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

from empress miniatures  in 28mm
3 land rover mounted WOMBATs
3 sets of foot crews for the WOMBATS
a pack of Stirling SMG armed troops,
a pack of dismounted vehicle crew
and a dozen Claymores
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Rheged

Quote from: Steel Penguin on November 21, 2021, 11:41:30 AM
from empress miniatures  in 28mm
3 land rover mounted WOMBATs
3 sets of foot crews for the WOMBATS
a pack of Stirling SMG armed troops,
a pack of dismounted vehicle crew
and a dozen Claymores

Mines or broadswords?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Steel Penguin

:wacko:   mines     :thumbsup:
if it was the swords I think ( I thnk) ive got  a couple from an old ral partha fantasy weapons set  from mumble years ago, or something I could convert from a games workshop sprue.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on November 21, 2021, 11:41:30 AM

and a dozen Claymores

You do realise someone at GHQ has now put you on the "Watch List" ?  :angel: ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

they just put in my name and it references me several times....  :wacko: :banghead:

Gondor

Received today from eBay

1 x 1/72 MPM Fairey Albacore. This aircraft has facinated me for years and this is the first kit of one I have managed to get my grubby mits on. If I had got it cheaper it would get mashed with the Karas

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Pegasus did an Applecore some years previously, late 80s maybe?  May be worth keeping an eye out for that.  IIRC, Formaplane might have done a vacform too.

Snaffled a Lightning decal sheet on ebay that I didn't have, the fourth Model Alliance sheet, sadly sans the distructions.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on November 22, 2021, 11:01:01 AM

This aircraft has facinated me for years......

There's only one Albacore left in the entire world, and it's in the FAA Museum at Yeovilton. For many years my 'local' club used to exhibit in their model show and our stand was always in front of the Albacore's port wing.

I used to spend time leaning on the leading edge......until I found out that it WAS the only one!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 22, 2021, 01:43:35 PM
Quote from: Gondor on November 22, 2021, 11:01:01 AM

This aircraft has facinated me for years......

There's only one Albacore left in the entire world, and it's in the FAA Museum at Yeovilton. For many years my 'local' club used to exhibit in their model show and our stand was always in front of the Albacore's port wing.

I used to spend time leaning on the leading edge......until I found out that it WAS the only one!  :o

Pretty sure that your leaning on the wing leading edge wasn't going to hurt it, Kit. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 21, 2021, 01:45:39 AM
Ev!lbay informed me that I have won a Heller Saab J21 for EUR 6,50,- which noone else apparently wanted.
Might end up as a donor bank for a vague kitbashing project.

I recently turned one of those into a vaguely B&V-ish design; similar to one of their plethora of tailless '46 jet things.

AeroplaneDriver

A little Sci Fi addition arrived today...Bandai 1/48 Rebel Snowspeeder.  Since the Rebels had trouble adapting them to the cold this one might end up a Star Wars What If in desert colors. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

McColm

An early Christmas present.

There's no large radome piece that fits under the fuselage with this set.

PR19_Kit

Went to my LHS for some paint, and espied a Misterkit Hunter F58 kit. I didn't know they did one, and as it said 'Super decal included' on the box, and it only cost £7.50 it would have been rude not to get it, so I did.  ;D

It's surprisingly good, not as crisp as the Revell kit, but looks miles better than the old FROG one, but according to Scalemates that's where its roots lie.  :o

It has a sawtooth wing, Sabrinas, small and large tanks, 2 x 'winders (one of mine has snapped in half...) brake chute fairing a0nd engraved panel lines, none of which were in the last FROG kit I had.

The decal sheets, 2 of them, are pretty comprehensive, covering RAF, Dutch, Belgian and Swiss schemes. No stencil markings, and you're on your own when it comes to getting the RAF and Belgian underwing serials to fit across the main gear doors!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

The whole rear fuselage is out.  I bought one of the earlier boxings from ZTS - Misterkit seem to rebox every single eastern bloc kit and you've got to be very careful as to the parentage - and was very disappointed with it.  As for the decals, give them a coat of the Microsol Decal film as they'll disintegrate when threatened with water.

For myself, I've snaffled a pair of Su-7s on ebay, the Nu-Bee kit (a re-box of the old VEB kit*) and a SMER one (a rebox of the old KP kit - I think...)
Part of my seemingly never ending quest to get fuselage donors for English Electric P.6s.

*There's some right chancers on ebay at the minute asking for a small fortune for the old VEB kit, some well over 30 notes.  I can get a brand new tooled one from Modelsvit for less.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

KiwiZac

This is something that, three weeks ago, I never knew existed: a 1/20ish Fokker F.VII/3m Southern Cross cardboard model used to promote the ANZ Bank's 150th birthday and the ANZ-sponsored tour of NZ by the replica Old Bus in 1990.
1/20ish Fokker Southern Cross by Zac Yates, on Flickr

There's one propeller missing but I'm sure I can fix that. Not really the sort of thing we see on this board but I was very pleased to secure it...for $1!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates