My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Nice score, Zac - something different, and way cheaper than a Frog kit... :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 17, 2021, 05:57:16 PM
More cheap eBay stuff. A couple of F-19s and the Attacki Iraqers set.

Those F-19s would look cool done up as scale-o-rama'd drones under the wings of something bigger.  :thumbsup: Maybe even above the wings, SR-71/D-21-style. :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

KiwiZac

Quote from: Rick Lowe on November 23, 2021, 07:52:46 PM
Nice score, Zac - something different, and way cheaper than a Frog kit... :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: The wing's more than a metre long. At least it's easily disassembled for storage!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Wardukw

Well my stash got bigger today..went to a hobby shop in Hamilton today here in NZ to get some styrene bits and Tamiya tape..then something caught my eye..and left with ..
1x Airfix 72nd lancaster b.lll with 2 left hand fuselage sides  :lol: ..$10
1x Zvezda 1/350 Kursk submarine..started with all parts still there $5
2x Frog Northsea Lifeboats $5 each .
Already got ideas for the boats.
Ill finish the Kursk and give it to a mate as a gift.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Another ev!lbay win of an otherwise unwanted kit: a Hasegawa 1:72 Panther Ausf. G with late/simplified wheels, w/o box but complete and just for EUR 8,-. I might add a resin Schmalturm and create a homebrew Ausf. F from it?

Gondor

Received from eBay today

1 x 1/72 Hasegawa F-35A Lightning II (with tinted glazing) for less than retail value

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

Another unexpected and cheap ev!lbay win: got hands on an Academy 1:72 P-51B plus Bf 109 G-14 double combo for just EUR 5,- (plus postage).
Made a bid because they were cheap, and I eventually got it. No real plans for both yet. The Stashâ„¢ keeps rising...!  :rolleyes:

TheChronicOne

Seller had two of these.... one was just the plane, then there was this one with extra flight deck (two plates!) and a slew of little kitty cat figures doing carrier stuff. lol   Odd thing is, people were bidding on the other one with no extras and I got this one for less than half what the other went for. This was $9 after shipping.... can't really beat it. I wouldn't normally look at stuff like this but I'm really looking forward to building it.

I haven't done any research on all this yet so I do wonder what the hell is going on.  ;D   They've posed all this as if a movie set but what strikes me is the "NASA" stuff. Are they jokingly saying WWII was a hoax "just like the moon landing! ha ha, wink!  ;) " or what? Box and instructions give no indication (and are 98% in Japanese anyway....  )

Regardless, it's pretty cool. 2003 vintage.

Critters!

Recessed panel lines which is nice but these are a little over done.... HOWEVER..... I've found that if you have to apply multiple layers of paint that having over sized panel lines eventually become truer to scale and it's actually a benefit in many cases to have it like that. The last little 1/144 plane I did had fine engraved detail and I wound up losing some to the thickness of the paint. So.....   take it for it's worth.

Lastly, I found some nice generic transfers for civvie/airliner for about $6. I love stuff like this....  I like creating my very own things that don't exist already (say, instead of putting a United Airlines livery on a Concorde, come up with "Moonbat Airlines" which never existed in the first place... that type of thing appeals to me.. ). I was leary when I saw the photos on eBay but they look a lot better in person with regard to age and quality so I'm rather pleased to have them.

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Flight Designs decals?

Nice find, they mad some really good stuff.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

AeroplaneDriver

From eBay;

1/48 Kitty Hawk Grippen B/D
1/48 Xtradecal Meteor F.8 sheet

The Grippen is earmarked for a UK Aggressor, possibly in private contractor markings, but also possibly MoD operated. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 24, 2021, 02:18:12 PM
Flight Designs decals?

Nice find, they mad some really good stuff.  :thumbsup:

Yeah buddy! I'm pretty stoked about these.... there's enough material here to go on multiple builds, it's a nice color that I like, and they are good quality. I'm very happy to have found them.  :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

Gondor

Received in the post today via eBay

1 x Hataka Modern Luftwaffe Paint Set Vol 1, Blue Line.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

Some more of my bathroom ceiling fell down this afternoon, and most of it fell on a bunch of kits that were waiting to be shifted up to The Loft.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Just now I've no idea how many kits are salvageable but many of the boxes will be totalled. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 25, 2021, 10:05:09 AM
Some more of my bathroom ceiling fell down this afternoon, and most of it fell on a bunch of kits that were waiting to be shifted up to The Loft.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Just now I've no idea how many kits are salvageable but many of the boxes will be totalled. :(

Well if they are in the bathroom no wonder they shrunk!

Gondor

PR19_Kit

The entrance to The Loft is via a ladder and hatch at the far end of the bathroom. It's a VERY weird shaped house....... :(

Regards
Kit