My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Another unexpected ev!lbay win: a Heller 1:72 Fw 56 "Stösser" for just EUR 5,-, nobody else made a bid. No plan yet, but Austria or Switzerland might be suitable operators?

The Wooksta!

I think Austria flew them anyway. Sure I've seen a photo of one in Austrian markings.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 26, 2021, 08:48:11 AM

At the present rate The Loft floor will outlast the house!

We found out that we were supposed to dispose of the umpteen packing crates as part of the contract, so I 'disposed' of them.  ;D

The fact you put them to very good use should not be an issue. Also very good to hear that you have done so.  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on November 25, 2021, 04:50:46 PM
Im not a fan for this time of yr either..i dont know what it is but if anything is going to die in the arse its this time.
This time last yr the alternator in my car died..125kms from home and guess whats sitting in a box on my shelf at home..brand new alternator..no bloody good there.
The yr before that i had to buy a new car ..to much rust and not worth fixing it ..would have needed a new wind screen and so on and we still dealing with the covid lockdown here and all my immediate family live in Auckland..where i cant go yet..and Kit kits get crunched..god i hope its only the boxes which are buggered..and its nasty hot too here...so yeah i freaking love this time of yr.
I fully intend to buy $300 bucks worth of models and model stuff to cheer myself up .

That's the spirit!!   Nothing like a little retail therapy.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: scooter on November 26, 2021, 08:42:12 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 26, 2021, 08:40:05 AM
Quote from: Gondor on November 26, 2021, 06:08:42 AM

I'm hoping that Kit's loft is floored so that the rest of his stash doesn't end up on the bathroom floor.

It certainly is, that was the first thing I did to the house when we bout it in 1983. All good Minnesotan 7 ply wood, culled from the packing crates of a big job my employers did for Austin-Rover at the time.  ;D :thumbsup:

Reduce, reuse, recycle. :thumbsup:

And in today's lumber market, probably worth more than your house, Kit.

Last time I went and looked at prices I caught the vapors. They started coming back down recently but somehow I doubt they'll ever approach what they were again. I priced out the material to build a lil ol' 12X14 platform and it was about $600. Ridiculous...
-Sprues McDuck-

Wardukw

Chronic mate i am going exactly that and one model is going to be a italeri 35th scale cobra gunship ..i think its called the zulu verison and yeah there will be a tank in there somewhere  ;D
Living here at this motor camp i do all the heavy engineering..welding and sruff like that but i also help out with building annexes and totally agree wirh the prices of wood..plywood in fact and MDF ..bloody hell its expensive..$178NZ for a sheet of 16mm ply flooring ..1200 x 2400 size.
Everything has gone nuts with prices guys..we at $2.52 per ltr for gas  now....crazy.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on November 26, 2021, 08:42:12 AM

And in today's lumber market, probably worth more than your house, Kit.

Tell me about it. I wanted some chipboard and when I was quoted a price I suggested they were joking to which the reply was "certainly not sir" followed by a litany of reasons for the increase, most of which are undoubtedly correct, but some ?  :unsure:

On the same subject it's my great nephews 5th anniversary with his partner and the traditional gift for that is wood, but the modern equivalent is apparently silver. I suggested to him that given the current price of timber he's better off buying the silver  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

A SMER Sukhoi Su-7 arrived from eBay, destined to be an Olympus engined P.6.

And an order for nice goodies has gone into Whirlybird, which I'll reveal when they arrive.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

TheChronicOne

Right at $5 a piece after tax and shipping. All to be civilianized!

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

1/144 Starfighters would make good 1/72 ALCMs.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

AeroplaneDriver

No secret one of my favorite jets is the A-4. I think I've Whiffed 4-5 of them over the years as well as a few RW ones.

Finally trying the 1/48 HobbyBoss A-4F thanks to the eBay Fairy.

In the box it looks virtually identical to the Hasegawa kit other than molded slate instead of separate surfaces. That means either an inflight build, a Blue Angel, or a backstory giving a reason for them to be locked. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

The Wooksta!

Some goodies arrived earlier.

A Nu-Bee Sukhoi Su-7, this being revised VEB kit from East Germany. Another P.6 donor.
A limited edition Xtradecal sheet with a  65 Sqn Tornado F3.  This is number 5 and feeds into the planned P.8 programme. Or possibly a Lightning T5A in grey.

A care package from Colin at Freightdog, comprising his SR.177, a conversion to build it as the FGA version, and a bagged Airfix SR.53.

Brilliant!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

nighthunter

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on November 26, 2021, 10:35:48 PM
Everything has gone nuts with prices guys..we at $2.52 per ltr for gas  now....crazy.
I just did the math, and that's $9.55 NZD per US Gallon, that's $6.52 USD per US Gallon, and it's £4.89 per US Gallon, or £1.29 per Litre. OUCH!!! And I thought it was bad with $3.79 USD per US Gallon...
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*