My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on December 10, 2021, 10:30:35 PM
i still use a tip from those mags to shop my model knife  rolling off my desk  ;D

Cable tie?
I think I got it from Scale Auto which shares a publisher with FSM.

Went to ComicCon today.  Added to my 1966 Batmobile collection. It's not a kit but a "playset" for 6inch action figures.  This makes it 1/12 and my largest Batmobile yet.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Received a free donor(!) yesterday: a 3D printing "fail" from a fellow modeler from a German SF forum - mecha stuff, so I won't go into detail to avoid confusion. But instead of shoving the parts silently into the dustbin I was asked if I was interested (being notorious for building such "things")  in the "ruins" of a misprint. I was skeptical first, but,  as a weird conincidence, subject and scale match a conversion project that I have had vaguely on my agenda for some years. The basis kit is already there, but I needed donor parts (arms) for a certain "canonical" conversion option - and now I have them, even at the right scale, though a bit blurry. But for free...? Recycling is possible even among modelers, so I might start this one sonn, maybe over the Xmas holidays. We'll see what becomes of this!  :lol:

Pellson

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 11, 2021, 02:34:00 AM
Received a free donor(!) yesterday: a 3D printing "fail" from a fellow modeler from a German SF forum - mecha stuff, so I won't go into detail to avoid confusion. But instead of shoving the parts silently into the dustbin I was asked if I was interested (being notorious for building such "things")  in the "ruins" of a misprint. I was skeptical first, but,  as a weird conincidence, subject and scale match a conversion project that I have had vaguely on my agenda for some years. The basis kit is already there, but I needed donor parts (arms) for a certain "canonical" conversion option - and now I have them, even at the right scale, though a bit blurry. But for free...? Recycling is possible even among modelers, so I might start this one sonn, maybe over the Xmas holidays. We'll see what becomes of this!  :lol:

:wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Dizzyfugu

...and I just won a Revell 1:72 F-18E at ev!lbay for just EUR 6,- plus postage. Will turn up as a (near future) Luftwaffe A-bomb carrier.  :lol:

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on December 11, 2021, 02:32:29 AM
i still use a tip from those mags to shop my model knife  rolling off my desk  ;D

Cable tie?
I think I got it from Scale Auto which shares a publisher with FSM.

Swann Morton don't roll  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Ive been an off again on again reader of FSM for sometime now and for some reason there always old ones..like your pile there ..ive still got the C5 and the Star trek issues ..not that condition but there here somewhere.
Anyways their not bad to read..seeing the old way fokes used to build but some of the cars in those mags are brilliant even by todays standards..some pretty wicked ships and of course military vehicles..i still use a tip from those mags to shop my model knife  rolling off my desk  ;D
Right on.... I'm looking forward to getting into them and seeing what articles are inside other than the main features and I have a ton of old kits and build them a plenty so even outdated info is welcome. In fact... I rarely employ "modern" techniques or supplies just out of habit so these old probably are right up my alley.  ;D  I can't wait to read the article on canopies. I've gotten to the point where I'm pretty good at painting them or masking then painting them but if I can find some new tips...... oooohhh... yeah buddy.  :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

Wardukw

Fred mate even thou a cable tie works great the idea this dude showed an even easier way..just cut a piece of sprue and tape it to ya knife..works brilliant and ya never have to worry about having cable ties  ;D and i think FSM and Scale Auto are the same crowd ..the mags are so similar in layout and look.
Narses i agree and yup ive got Swan Norton knives ..the blades can be a little annoying to get here and they can be difficult to hold for people with buggered hands..like me    :lol:
Chronic your gonna enjoy reading thru that lot..im like you with the old school way of doing things mostly cause i cant afford the new ways  :lol: so i figure out other ways to do things andbthe old school way pretty much always comes into play  ;D
Hell man its very possible alot of your old kits will be in there .. <_<
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on December 11, 2021, 04:43:13 PM

Narses i agree and yup ive got Swan Norton knives ..the blades can be a little annoying to get here and they can be difficult to hold for people with buggered hands..like me    :lol:

Yup, I've noticed they don't seem to be marketed globally as such, perhaps because their main business is surgical scalpels etc.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

So ture that is ..the annoying thing is the surgical blades are great and would be so useful to us guys  but i have a better chance of getting bitten by a shark than getting them here at the mo..oh i could raid our local hospital  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

Won on ebay - all three 1/72 Cutting Edge BAC Lightning sheets.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

A little forward in time this but these are going to be added to my little pile this week.
Italeri 1/48 A7E Corsair
Italeri 1/48 Mig 23
Academy 1/35 AH 1 Zulu
Academy 1/35 UH 1 Huey
Academy Merkava Mk3
Academy P38 Lighting x 2
Academy Mk 14 Spitfire

Gonna be a good week  ;D

Rick Lowe

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 11, 2021, 12:27:49 PM
Ive been an off again on again reader of FSM for sometime now and for some reason there always old ones..like your pile there ..ive still got the C5 and the Star trek issues ..not that condition but there here somewhere.
Anyways their not bad to read..seeing the old way fokes used to build but some of the cars in those mags are brilliant even by todays standards..some pretty wicked ships and of course military vehicles..i still use a tip from those mags to shop my model knife  rolling off my desk  ;D
Right on.... I'm looking forward to getting into them and seeing what articles are inside other than the main features and I have a ton of old kits and build them a plenty so even outdated info is welcome. In fact... I rarely employ "modern" techniques or supplies just out of habit so these old probably are right up my alley.  ;D  I can't wait to read the article on canopies. I've gotten to the point where I'm pretty good at painting them or masking then painting them but if I can find some new tips...... oooohhh... yeah buddy.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, FSM is worth a look - there's usually one or two gems in each issue, even if it's research data or something buried in an article on something else!
Publishing schedule was 10 issues per year, at least when I was getting it.

And yea, there was/is some useful conversion articles - I came across a conversion of the 747 into an SP (... long after I needed it, but I'm glad to know I wasn't mistaken in that I thought I'd seen one at one time!), and just because there's now an expensive resin conversion for something, it doesn't stop the old-school methods from working.

Old Wombat

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 03, 2021, 02:50:06 AM
Mixed bag ordered from BNA Model World in Melbourne:

1 x Riich Models 1/35 Livestock Set Vol.3 (6 Dogs) (RII-RV35021) - I need some dogs for some dioramas & these look to be pretty reasonable
1 x Aber 1/48 Barrel for 40mm Bofors Anti Aircraft Gun (AB 48L-30) - This one, plus another, when they're back in stock, are for an interesting aircraft build
1 x Tamiya Models 1/48 Brewster B-339 Buffalo - "Pacific Theatre" (TM 61094) - Will (probably) be one of my OoB builds in either RAF or RNZAF markings
1 x Dream Model 1/48 Remove Before Flight Flag (DRE-CDM48014) - For modern aircraft builds
1 x Hobby Boss Models 1/48 Antonov AN-2M Colt (HB 81707) - Always wanted an AN-2 kit, now I'm getting one
1 x Airfix Models 1/48 North American Mustang Mk.IV (AX05137) - OoB build in RAAF 3Sqn markings
1 x Special Hobby 1/48 North-American F-86K Sabre Dog "Armee de l'Air & Bundesluftwaffe" (SH48126) - Always liked the F-86, especially the Dogs, may do it as a RAAF whif
1 x A&A Models 1/72 Lavochkin La-200B All-weather Interceptor Prototype (AAM7205) - To be Frankenkitted with the F-86F below
1 x Italeri Models 1/72 North American F-86F Sabre "MiG Killer" (IT1426) - To be Frankenkitted with the La-200B above
2 x Perfect Scale Modellbau 1/35 Bundeswehr Chain Locks (PSM-A1016) - 1/35 padlocks are difficult to find & harder to make

Arrived today! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

With a list like that Guy im wondering just how much stuff BNA has left  :lol:
Looks like your Xmas has gotten there..mines going to happen later in the week  ;D

Howard of Effingham

Yesterday.....

The 1/72 Eduard Limited Edition Desert Babes Tornado

The Revell Tornado reboxed with resin and etched brass. Nice price too.
Keeper of George the Cat.