My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Fred you couldn't be more right..im actually looking for to building all these kits and because i scored the UH1 thats put a very old plan into action. ;D
Now the A7 Corsair will be not wiffyed..its a plane ive always liked since i built the old Monogram kits many yrs ago.
I didnt even thinki the Monogram kit of the PBY still exists but Aeroplanedriver got hid hands on one..i had that when i was a kid..i had a crap load of Monogram kits when i was a kid .
So good to see them still around..i do want the Mirage 2000 kit again  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on December 16, 2021, 01:15:16 PM
Fred you couldn't be more right..im actually looking for to building all these kits and because i scored the UH1 thats put a very old plan into action. ;D
Now the A7 Corsair will be not wiffyed..its a plane ive always liked since i built the old Monogram kits many yrs ago.
I didnt even thinki the Monogram kit of the PBY still exists but Aeroplanedriver got hid hands on one..i had that when i was a kid..i had a crap load of Monogram kits when i was a kid .
So good to see them still around..i do want the Mirage 2000 kit again  ;D

Not sure if the one I got is the same PBY kit you are thinking of.  I think this one is a c.1995 mold...reissued many times as Monogram/Pro Modeller/Revell.  It's fairly easy to find on eBay in the US if you are willing to part with $100.  I wasn't so it took a while, but it's out there.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

McColm

To keep me busy over the festive season all of the following are in 1/72 :
Grumman E-2A Hawkeye
Lockheed Constellation SuperG
Lockheed AC-130H
Avro Shackleton MR.3
Vacuum kits
Avro York
Avro Lincoln

Gondor

Received from the BIG yellow H today

1/72 Model Alliance MAS-729022 White Squared Codes & Serials for the EE Canberra
1/72 Model Alliance MAS-729025 Black Rounded Codes & Serials for the EE Canberra
1/72 Model Alliance MA-729144 BAC/EE Canberra International Fighter Canopy Versions PT II

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Aero mate thats makes more sense it being a retooled model as the kit would be at least 43yrs old now and not worth $100 .
Hell i just payed $80 NZ for a 35th AH1 Zulu and i agree with you on not paying $100 for a retooled Monogram PBY...i would on the other hand for a B36..i want another one of those   ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Spey_Phantom

last order for the year, with some long overdue plans  :mellow:

-AFV Club 1/144 Curtiss P-40M
-AFV Club 1/144 Curtiss P-40N
-Revell 1/72 EC135 "ADAC"
-Revell 1/72 EC135 "Air Glacier"
-Revell 1/72 Breguet Atlantic 1 "Italian Eagle" (to be converted to a WHIF civilian airliner)

the reason for the EC135 buys are that our local hospital is gonna recieve a new leased EMS helicopter.
it was announced this week an EC135 will replace the old AS355F1. i expect friends to ask me to do commision builds at some point. once finished, i might sell them and donate the earnings to the non-profit organisation that keeps the helicopter flying. (our local EMS helo is not state funded but runs on charity).
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Pellson

Quote from: Nils on December 17, 2021, 10:37:36 AM
last order for the year, with some long overdue plans  :mellow:

-AFV Club 1/144 Curtiss P-40M
-AFV Club 1/144 Curtiss P-40N
-Revell 1/72 EC135 "ADAC"
-Revell 1/72 EC135 "Air Glacier"
-Revell 1/72 Breguet Atlantic 1 "Italian Eagle" (to be converted to a WHIF civilian airliner)

the reason for the EC135 buys are that our local hospital is gonna recieve a new leased EMS helicopter.
it was announced this week an EC135 will replace the old AS355F1. i expect friends to ask me to do commision builds at some point. once finished, i might sell them and donate the earnings to the non-profit organisation that keeps the helicopter flying. (our local EMS helo is not state funded but runs on charity).

We've bought a number of EC135s for ambulance duties, but they've been grounded a lot lately as it seems Airbus has fecked up some filter, resulting in said filter freezing up and the engine overheating. Hence only warm weather air ambulance. Not ideal in Scandinavia, I tell ya..
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

From eBay

1 x 1/72 airmodel Kit 110  EE/BAC Lightning T.4/T.5 for very little money

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Old Wombat

Just put in another order with BNA Model World :rolleyes:

1 x Italeri 1/48 North American F-86E Sabre (IT2799) - to be kit bashed with the 1/72 La-200B I bought last order (the 1/72 F-86 I bought wasn't going to work) :unsure:
1 x Eduard 1/72 Zlin Z-37A Cmelak Bumblebee [Weekend Edition] (ED 7456) - curse you Václav "PantherG" Maděra! :banghead: ;)
1 x Eduard 1/72 Czechoslovak Fighter Biplane Avia B-534 II Serie [Weekend Edition] (ED 7448) - this may be a build for my grandson, maybe :angel:
1 x Special Hobby 1/72 Czechoslovakia L-13 Blanik (SH72342) - will be done as VH-GIW, the L-13 I learned to fly in at the Millicent Gliding Club in the late-80's ... kinda, I have only vague memories & no photo's :-\
1 x Special Hobby 1/72 WWII Czechoslovak AF Letov S-328 (SH72145) - it's Czech, do I need another reason? :unsure: ;D
1 x Trumpeter 1/35 Sweden Strv 103C Main Battle Tank (TR 00310) - it's an S-tank & it was cheap(ish) <_<
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 20, 2021, 05:47:57 AM

1 x Eduard 1/72 Zlin Z-37A Cmelak Bumblebee [Weekend Edition] (ED 7456) - curse you Václav "PantherG" Maděra! :banghead: ;)
1 x Eduard 1/72 Czechoslovak Fighter Biplane Avia B-534 II Serie [Weekend Edition] (ED 7448) - this may be a build for my grandson, maybe :angel:

Both really nice kits, but you can almost feel the "care" that went into the production of the 534  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 20, 2021, 05:55:09 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on December 20, 2021, 05:47:57 AM

Both really nice kits, but you can almost feel the "care" that went into the production of the 534  :thumbsup:

Thanks, Chris! Good to know! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I already have one of this boxing of the B-534 (unbuilt) ... & another in 1/48 ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

A couple of Unxmas presents to myself from Metro Hobbies.
I already have the stock boxing of the Chrysler and the 1956 Stock Car boxing but thought this one would sit nicely alongside them the shelf (eventually).
55 Chrysler 300 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

And this.  Well, the original MPC Dodge vans are getting hard to find and tend, when you do get one, to have been fecked about with or have bits missing or broken.  Apart from adding additional tinted clear parts and Turtle Wax transfers they don't appear to have done much other than a new box.  Judging by the flash and mould separation lines it hasn't been retooled.  Nice to have a virgin one though.  I can now afford to convert one of the others I haven the stash into a SWB version.
82 Dodge Van by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Snagged a Su-11 on eBay, which arrived yesterday in a MASSIVE box.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Howard of Effingham

From a trip to Brum..... and from the Big H

1/35 Dragon Sd.Kfz 234/2 Puma been after one of these for a while
1/72 Dora Wings Percival/Vega Gull double kit.
1/72 Italeri HSS-1 Seabat or a piston engined H-34
1/72 AZ Saro Rocketeer two seater foreign operators
1/72 Anigrand Rockwell XFV-12A

some Vulcan decal sheets, a Mosquito one and some Tamiya tape.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Gondor

Received today from various sorces

1 x 1/72 Scale Aircraft Conversions 72183 Canberra L.Gear and Balast for S&M/AMP

2 x 1/72 Model Alliance Decals BAC/EECabverra International Bomber Canopy PT II

Gondor

Just received at 7pm

1 x 1/72 Project X PX=011 Hawker P.1121  :thumbsup: