My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: Gondor on April 17, 2021, 03:10:20 AM
Retrieved today from the local sorting office

From Wonderland

1 x ??????? Not typing it here as it's for the other half's birthday in a few months time.

Gondor

Was asked by Wonderland to leave a review of the item I purchased. I did so saying that "As the item was a presant for the future I could not comment on the kit, the service was good though".

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Received from eBay today

1 x 1/72 Revell Sikorsky H-34G

and from Plaza Japan

1 x Fine Molds Me410 A-1/A-3
1 x Fine Molds Me410 B-1/U2/R4

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

AeroplaneDriver

Very slow acquisition period for me lately, but got a nice little package from Hannant's today.  All 1/48

2x Xtradecal RAF White Numerals & Titles. This should let me finish my RW FRADU Hunter GA.11 tonight or tomorrow.

Xtradecal Canberra B2, Pt2

World Aviation Decals Scooters Of The Fleet Pt2

Reskit UK 1,000lb retarded bombs

Transport Wings WE.177A. Hopefully the cats stay away from these after the last Broken Arrow incident.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

McColm

I've just bought Bungles' 1/72 PV-22 Osprey.  I didn't know that there was a PV-22, the closest thing is the SV-22 anti-submarine and SAR proposal for the USNavy.
The box art shows a dipping sonar,  so I think I could build a ASW demonstrator.
Well that's interesting the box says 1/72 scale but the instructions say 1/48 scale. There's no instructions for the dipping sonar and only one set of of torpedoes with the side twin rails. Rescue hoist,  FLIR and inflight refuelling probe. The ramp can be lowered and there's a set of stairs as well.
I'll see if there's any aftermarket kits available.

zenrat

From Evil-Bay.

I built a number of figures from this series as a youth.  I have been wanting to whiff one for a while but have, until now been unable to source one.  I'd still like to whiff the Indian and Polish lancers is anyone has then to spare.
British 10th Hussars by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

And this.  From a quick captains at it in the box it appears to be a typical Hobbycraft kit - fairly simple with no real attempt to depict the undercarriage bays (but miles ahead of the A Model 38).  It is therefore ideal for whiffing.  Initial thoughts revolve around Harrier style front nozzles replacing the lift engines - although that might just end up looking too much like a deformed Harrier.
Yak 38 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Received from eBay today

1 x 1/72 Eduard MiG-21 MF Fighter Bomber ProfiPACK

Gondor

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

The engines are supposed to be over scale. There's  a resin correction set of at least was.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 20, 2021, 06:20:17 AM
The engines are supposed to be over scale. There's  a resin correction set of at least was.

Made by Rai-Ro, a German company that makes tools. Availability of rocking horse poo or hen's teeth.

Gondor

Edit: After looking at several builds on Britmodeller all I have found about the engines is that the mounting points are not very good as they are, nothing about the engine size at all, not that I am worried as they look ok and that's good enough for me.

kitbasher

Airfix Beaufort - birthday prezzie courtesy of first-born. 

EDIT: and later in the day when the postie had been (and courtesy of dadlamassu's kit sale) a Matchbox Lysander (real world Mk III build using Aeroclub resin Pegasus) and a Heller P-47N for whiffery in anticipation of one of the 2021/22 GB candidates actually happening.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Gondor

Received in the post today

1 x 1/72 Icaerodesign MiG-21 Lancer Conversion set for the Eduard MiG-21 which I have been buying a few of recently. Think I will build it as a Ground attack version with an Israeli targating pod under it.

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on April 21, 2021, 02:36:14 AM
Airfix Beaufort - birthday prezzie courtesy of first-born.

Nice pressie, happy birthday  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

From the eBay Fairy, Italeri 1/48 F-16B/D that will become a high-speed organ transplant courier for the Blue Lights GB.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Old Wombat

1 x set of custom decals from Kit's DeKals for my Blue Lights GB build.

Awesome stuff! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Kit! :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

A Star Decals 1:72 with markings for late WWII Australian tanks in the PTO - for my (long-time planned) planned Matilda II conversion project for a leftover ESCI kit hull. I already have a new, matching turret and was able to dig up an 1:72 conversion set for Australian vehicles from Silesian Models, too. Lots of investments for s simple whif model, but I want to do it properly. Things might soon take hardware shape.  :mellow: