My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 22, 2021, 12:45:04 AM
A Star Decals 1:72 with markings for late WWII Australian tanks in the PTO - for my (long-time planned) planned Matilda II conversion project for a leftover ESCI kit hull. I already have a new, matching turret and was able to dig up an 1:72 conversion set for Australian vehicles from Silesian Models, too. Lots of investments for s simple whif model, but I want to do it properly. Things might soon take hardware shape.  :mellow:

Looking much forward to this!  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Pellson on April 22, 2021, 01:02:58 AM
A Star Decals 1:72 with markings for late WWII Australian tanks in the PTO - for my (long-time planned) planned Matilda II conversion project for a leftover ESCI kit hull. I already have a new, matching turret and was able to dig up an 1:72 conversion set for Australian vehicles from Silesian Models, too. Lots of investments for s simple whif model, but I want to do it properly. Things might soon take hardware shape.  :mellow:

Might materialize soon. After the Valkyrie I am somehow in a vehicle/tank flow, two projects are already on the bench (one finished, a Soviet SPAAg from the Sixties, the other one, a modfied E-75 MBT, is waiting for parts that I had to order) and my personal, updated Aussie Matilda might follow soon. Took a while to find an 1:72 aftermarket kit with some of the Australian updates like the mudguard protectors - I hope that they fit!

The Wooksta!

Model decal 28 arrived via eBay. I only wanted the 29 sqn badge for a post war Mosquito NF36 or possibly a T3.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

As am I! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 22, 2021, 08:43:08 AM

I once tried fitting a Cruiser turret to a Matilda hull in 1/76 but was never quite happy with the result. Airfix hull and Matchbox turret iirc.

As am I! :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.

McColm

1/72 Airfix starter set Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.1.

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 22, 2021, 01:48:27 AM

Might materialize soon. After the Valkyrie I am somehow in a vehicle/tank flow, two projects are already on the bench (one finished, a Soviet SPAAg from the Sixties, the other one, a modfied E-75 MBT, is waiting for parts that I had to order) and my personal, updated Aussie Matilda might follow soon. Took a while to find an 1:72 aftermarket kit with some of the Australian updates like the mudguard protectors - I hope that they fit!

I'm resigned to having to scratchbuild the parts in 1/48.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Just received from eBay

1 x 1/72 Eduard MiG-21 MF Limited Edition 2127 dual box with not only two MiG-21MF's and the parts to build either an Interceptor or a Fighter Bomber but 39, YES THIRTY-NINE decal options! :o I could almost build any MF in Czechoslovak service, Czech or Slovak service including the NATO standard Czech machines.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on April 23, 2021, 07:13:54 AM...an Interceptor or a Fighter Bomber...

OK, that triggered me. Now you have to explain exactly what, obviously apart from ordinance, that separates the two. I thought they worked like the F-4's, i.e. just hang it up and shoot depending on what you've just hung..

At least from a 1:72 perspective..  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on April 23, 2021, 07:13:54 AM

YES THIRTY-NINE decal options! :o
Gondor

Yup some of their special boxings give you so many choices it's daft
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on April 23, 2021, 07:19:23 AM
Quote from: Gondor on April 23, 2021, 07:13:54 AM...an Interceptor or a Fighter Bomber...

OK, that triggered me. Now you have to explain exactly what, obviously apart from ordinance, that separates the two. I thought they worked like the F-4's, i.e. just hang it up and shoot depending on what you've just hung..

It is only that but Eduard MiG-21MF's come in two different flavours, Interceptors or Fighter Bombers. I do now know that the Israeli upgraded Romanian machines had different cockpits.

After looking at ProfiPACK #70141 "Interceptor and ProfiPACK #70142 fighter-bomber, the only difference other than the things under the wings is the canopy and various bit's and pieces which are unused parts if you build the other version  :unsure:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Old Wombat

Nothing in particular or very spectacular, just a selection of "bits"; some for specific projects, some just for background noise.

From BNA Model World, as usual:

1 x Tamiya Models 1/48 Fairey Swordfish Bracing Wire Set (1 Photo-etched sheet) (TM 61069) - made by Tamiya as an aftermarket set for their own Swordfish kit :rolleyes:
1 x Eduard Models 1/48 Swordfish Mk.II Detail Set for Tamiya kits (ED FE901) - I have a major soft spot for the Swordfish & I want to do mine justice, so a bit of bling for her ;)
2 x Brengun 1/48 Skoda 100kg Bomb during Interwar Period (BRE-BRL48149) - listed under "Bregun" by BNA for some reason but I have plans for these.
1 x Yahu Models 1/48 Boulton-Paul Defiant Mk.I / Mk.II Instrument Panel for Airfix kit (YMA4823) - just to see how they compare to Eduard panels.
2 x Eureka XXL 1/35 Military Laptop Case & Laptop (EUX-E-059) -  for general equipment, stowage & cargo uses
2 x Eureka XXL 1/35 Modern US Army PELICAN D630 Laptop Case (EUX-E-065) -  for general equipment, stowage & cargo uses
2 x Eureka XXL 1/35 Modern US Army PELICAN 1660 Protector Case (EUX-E-062) -  for general equipment, stowage & cargo uses
2 x Eureka XXL 1/35 Modern US Army PELICAN M249 Machine Gun Case (EUX-E-063) -  for general equipment, stowage & cargo uses
2 x Eureka XXL 1/35 Modern US Army PELICAN M16-2 Rifle Case (EUX-E-064) -  for general equipment, stowage & cargo uses
1 x Eureka XXL 1/35 PC with CRT Monitor (EUX-E-060) -  for general equipment, stowage & cargo uses
1 x Eureka XXL 1/35 Chemical Storage Containers #2 (EUX-E-067) -  for general equipment, stowage & cargo uses
1 x Eureka XXL 1/35 Chemical Storage Containers #1 (EUX-E-066) -  for general equipment, stowage & cargo uses
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on April 23, 2021, 07:39:49 AM

It is only that but Eduard MiG-21MF's come in two different flavours, Interceptors or Fighter Bombers. I do now know that the Israeli upgraded Romanian machines had different cockpits.

After looking at ProfiPACK #70141 "Interceptor and ProfiPACK #70142 fighter-bomber, the only difference other than the things under the wings is the canopy and various bit's and pieces which are unused parts if you build the other version  :unsure:

Gondor

How boring, now that you really got attention to the matter..  ;)

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on April 23, 2021, 09:37:47 AM

Gondor

Well you can't really blame both the aircraft manufacturer or the kit manufacturer for getting the most out of what they already have.

Gondor

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on April 23, 2021, 10:39:36 AM
Quote from: Pellson on April 23, 2021, 09:37:47 AM

Gondor

Well you can't really blame both the aircraft manufacturer or the kit manufacturer for getting the most out of what they already have.

Gondor

Very true indeed. But yet again..  ;)

I'm actually pretty fond of the latter  Mig-21 versions. Neat, stylish little buggers and in the right hands very lethal long after they should have been. In my long term plan, I intend to build a less modified Bundesluftwaffe Mig-21bis in Norm 81, a bit like Dizzys sweet little Fishbed, but in my style. That will, much like the German F-4's and F-104's ( and to excuse the oh so lovely Norm 81) serve in a fighter bomber role, also doing CAP and the odd air to air when needed. I will likely build a MiG-23 also.

But that's then. I'd better get these hoses out of my body first so that I at all can build.  :rolleyes: