My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Won on eBay: Hasegawa Mosquito FB.VI "418 Sqn"

Not interested in the kit - not only do I hate the Hasegawa kit, I loathe and despise it - I wanted it for the post war 4 Sqn decals.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Pellson

Took unplanned care of an unwanted 1/72 ESCI C-47 via Evilbay for next to nothing. Strange. They are still the best C-47/DC-3 models cast in this scale and usually go for silly figures.
Ah, well. I almost can't think of an Air Force not having used them in one capacity or another, so she's more than welcome.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Nick

Went looking for kit ideas and inspiration in a 'local' model railway shop. It's amazing what they have. If you ever thought that Games Workshop had odd names and unusual colours for paints then you need to look at the railway world  ;D
GWR wagon grey, BR Saloon Maroon, SR Malachite Green, DB Schenker Red, North British Bronze, Buffer Beam Vermillion....

I came home with a spray can of British Rail Blue paint and a Scammell Scarab.

scooter

Quote from: Nick on May 01, 2021, 05:16:16 PM
Went looking for kit ideas and inspiration in a 'local' model railway shop. It's amazing what they have. If you ever thought that Games Workshop had odd names and unusual colours for paints then you need to look at the railway world  ;D
GWR wagon grey, BR Saloon Maroon, SR Malachite Green, DB Schenker Red, North British Bronze, Buffer Beam Vermillion....

I came home with a spray can of British Rail Blue paint and a Scammell Scarab.

And that probably didn't even scratch North American RR colors.  Like Burlington Northern Green, Conrail Blue, etc...
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

AeroplaneDriver

From eBay a Roden 1/48 Sea Gladiator picked up for a song considering it came with True Details and Eduard detail sets. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on May 01, 2021, 05:30:55 PM

And that probably didn't even scratch North American RR colors.  Like Burlington Northern Green, Conrail Blue, etc...

In earlier times you'd probably have been correct as the Big Four all kept to their own, rather basic colour schemes. Then BR took over and much of the country's rolling stock all had the same scheme (The Southern Region always tried to be green though...) usually Rail Blue with grey bits added to the coaches.

Naturally we techies in the RTC had our own colour scheme, we had bright RED where the normal coaches had grey.  ;D

But these days it's total MAYHEM! So many different operators and even then they have different schemes in their own ranges as well! The model paint, decal and vinyl wrap suppliers are having a field day!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Yesterday  arrived  my 23 squadron RAF decal  sheet , of which I need only  a few of the Phantom  FGR2  decals  for my super sonic hunter based on the Falklands  circa 1978. They look suitably sized for the hunter  at least. There's lots of spares on the sheet also that some of will come in handy, as there are lightning, Javelin,  mosquito, Blenheim and Boston/Havoc decals too.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Gondor

Received today from the Big yellow H

3 x 1/72 Airfix English Electric Lightning F.6

These are the Grey /Grey aircraft on the box top of 5 Squadron with the alternative option being a 56 Squadron in Natural Metal finish. Thought I better get a few in seeing a people are converting some into ambulances of all things  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on May 04, 2021, 11:06:56 AM

Thought I better get a few in seeing a people are convertiong some into ambulances of all things  :rolleyes:

;D ;D

Are yours the ones with or without tailplanes on the box art Alastair?

i think I'm going to build one OOB just like it is on the box, and then see if anyone notices when it's on the SIG stand.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Way to go Kit.
I have two of those ones in the stash already.  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kitnut617

These are the Grey /Grey aircraft on the box top of 5 Squadron with the alternative option being a 56 Squadron in Natural Metal finish. Thought I better get a few in seeing a people are convertiong some into ambulances of all things  :rolleyes:

Gondor

I got one of those some years ago and thought the instructions had got it wrong --

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Wooksta!

Pair of Tamiya Mosquitoes (as one lot) snaffled on eBay for the start price.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 04, 2021, 11:10:30 AM

Thought I better get a few in seeing a people are converting some into ambulances of all things  :rolleyes:

;D ;D

Are yours the ones with or without tailplanes on the box art Alastair?

i think I'm going to build one OOB just like it is on the box, and then see if anyone notices when it's on the SIG stand.  ;)

That's one of the earlier boxing's Kit, 74 Squadron markings in Natural Metal and a Black Fin and no tailplanes, with an 11Squadron (LTF) Barley Grey aircraft as the second option. I have three of those as well  ;D They are intended to be one of each option in the box and the third to be an FGA variant. The currant crop may include a Dark Grey/Green aircraft, an all over natural metal Italian aircraft and the third possibly middle eastern.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 04, 2021, 11:51:52 AM

These are the Grey /Grey aircraft on the box top of 5 Squadron with the alternative option being a 56 Squadron in Natural Metal finish. Thought I better get a few in seeing a people are converting some into ambulances of all things  :rolleyes:

Gondor

I got one of those some years ago and thought the instructions had got it wrong --

Nice build and I see that you decided to whiff the camouflage and markings. That'll have a few people up in arms  ;D

Gondor

Leading Observer

Just received the Bronco Models 1/72 PLAAF J-20 Mighty Dragon Stealth Fighter. On first inspection it looks a straight forward build. However, whilst they supply a weapons bay and missiles, the bay doors only come in the closed position :banghead:.Careful cutting will be needed to have them in the open position to show the missiles, as the doors open in a < shape :banghead: :banghead:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures