My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

From Model Hobbies via eBay

Eduard interior set for the Trumpeter MiG-29 9.12

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

AeroplaneDriver

Only seven short weeks after ordering, and all the way from Wuhan, China I finally go my hands on a Kinetic 1/48 Harrier GR.3. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Old Wombat

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on May 05, 2021, 02:13:03 PM
Only seven short weeks after ordering, and all the way from Wuhan, China I finally go my hands on a Kinetic 1/48 Harrier GR.3.

Just make sure that Wuhan plastic's not as crappy as their aluminium! :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Leading Observer

Courier just dropped off a recent evilbay win - Revells 1/72 Haunebu II flying saucer. It's obviously a whiff straight out of the box, but what if one had been captured by either the Russians, USA or British or maybe sent to Japan for evaluation...
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

NARSES2

Quote from: Leading Observer on May 06, 2021, 03:41:24 AM
Courier just dropped off a recent evilbay win - Revells 1/72 Haunebu II flying saucer. It's obviously a whiff straight out of the box, but what if one had been captured by either the Russians, USA or British or maybe sent to Japan for evaluation...

Very much so and what if it had been captured by the FAA or USN and tested off a carrier to give it that little extra bit of whiffery ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nighthunter

Life has kept me busy, so, since my last post, that I can recall:

1/144 Mark 1 Models Mirage III with Aussie and SA variants
1/72 RAF decals for my Eagle Sqn Hurricane RW build (I'll need help for this one, lads in terms of paint references)
3× 1/350 Los Angeles Class SSNs to make 2× Flight 1s (RW USS Bremerton and USS Olympia) and 1× to make my Whiff USS Tacoma SSN-745 Flight 2.
1/350 Victor 3 "Whiff" Soviet SSN "Vladivostok"
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

scooter

Quote from: nighthunter on May 06, 2021, 08:04:13 AM
1/72 RAF decals for my Eagle Sqn Hurricane RW build (I'll need help for this one, lads in terms of paint references)
Gunship Grey?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 06, 2021, 06:22:41 AM

Very much so and what if it had been captured by the FAA or USN and tested off a carrier to give it that little extra bit of whiffery ?

What a good idea!!  I'd really like to see an FAA flying saucer.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Leading Observer

Quote from: Rheged on May 06, 2021, 08:33:32 AM

I may very well pinch that idea :wacko:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

PR19_Kit

Winkle Brown probably test flew it..............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Fuerza Aérea Argentina?  Designed by ex-pats from Germany and Austria in their ranches near Bariloche and powered by fuel from a secretly working Huemul Project?

Gondor

Arrived from eBay today

1 x 1/72 Caracal Models CD72012 Global Air Power Series #3 MiG-29 (9-12) to go with the Trumpeter kit and Eduard etch I already have.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

A spur of the moment purchase when I found that not only is my local "The Works" open, it had a sale on as well!

1 x 1/72 Airfix Douglas Dakota Mk.III. Got it for £20.00 reduced twice from £32.00 so that's a nice result. The only other kits they have is the Costal Command version of the Whitley with the Dakota I bought being the only different kit.

From eBay

1 x 1/72 Eduard ProfiPACK MiG-21MF Interceptor

1 x 1/72 Huma Ju288C which probably will not be OOB

Gondor

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on May 07, 2021, 07:35:57 AM

Surprisingly large, the 288, isn't it Alastair?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 07, 2021, 10:38:21 AM
Quote from: Gondor on May 07, 2021, 07:35:57 AM

Surprisingly large, the 288, isn't it Alastair?

Not really as I have the Ju290 and He177 in the stash to compaire it to. It is a reasonable size I would say. Next to no interior though, but then that's what refferences are for.

Gondor