My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Won a Matchbox Gloster Gladiator at ev!lbay for less than EUR 8,-.
No plan for it (yet), but Gladiators have a high whiffing potential.  ;)

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 21, 2021, 07:42:55 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 21, 2021, 06:13:26 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on June 20, 2021, 08:13:20 AM

[*: The Tamiya Mk.IV kit is even more expensive & it's a stupid bloody motorised toy kit! :banghead:]

I'd forgotten all about that kit. Does it come with a couple of figures, or was that another Tamiya motorized "special" back in the day ?

With figures.

Cheers. It is the one I remember.  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Couple of decal sheets have arrived via eBay:
ADS Hawker Hunter pt 2
Lift Here Mosquito
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 20, 2021, 08:13:20 AM
Just ordered from BNA Model World;

1 x Eduard 1/48 British Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Iia Fighter [Profipack] (ED 82153) - I decided I wanted to use my M.XII for something else, so this is going into the "Favourite Single-Engine Fighters" sub-stash
1 x Meng 1/35 British Heavy Tank Mk.V Male (MENG-TS020) - Excessively expensive* but has a full interior & I really wanted a WW1 tank for the Royal Australian Marines

Received this morning (Good work, AustPost! :thumbsup:)

Had a quick look in the boxes.

The Spitfire is beautifully & crisply moulded. It'll look good, even with my ham-fisted building.

The Mk.V comes in a BIG box crammed with styrene ... It's worth the price (sort of) for that alone ... & is, also, really nicely moulded &, at first glance, looks pretty crisp, too.

I'm one very happy wombat, right now! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 22, 2021, 08:49:55 PM
The Spitfire is beautifully & crisply moulded. It'll look good, even with my ham-fisted building.

I've the Eduard Eduard 1/48 Mk I early boxing and it is a stunning looking kit  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

From HLJ.  Another model of a bike I wanted as a youth.  Although had I got hold of one I probly wouldn't still be around.

Suzuki GSX-R750 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Spey_Phantom

arrived from amazon:

Revell 1/144 F-14D Super Tomcat.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Gondor

From eModels

1 x 1/72 RS Models Heinkel 112B

1 x Humbrol 14ml Matt 33

I was after the paint and the kit was fairly cheap so why not?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

AeroplaneDriver

Been a slow month or two of kit purchases for me, but today I received:

From eBay-Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito FB.VI.  Already have a couple in the stash and one built but the price was right and you can never have enough Mosquitos.  Right?

From Amazon Prime Day-Hobby Boss 1/48 F-111C Australian
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Gondor

Received from eBay today in a huge box considering the size of the item

1 x 1/72 Armycast IAI Kfir C2/C7 rear hardpoints for the AMK kit

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

DogfighterZen

Quote from: DogfighterZen on June 22, 2021, 01:14:44 AM
Well, ordered another Hawk, this time it's the airfix 1/72 hawk 100. To keep it in good company, there's an italeri 1/72 F-5E coming with it.

Delivered yesterday. :mellow:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

A Hasegawa 1:72 SdKfz. 234/2 Puma, to be modified with a late-war Luchs turret - a conversion that actually happened, but not on a frequent basis.

kitbasher

Quote from: DogfighterZen on June 25, 2021, 07:14:43 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on June 22, 2021, 01:14:44 AM
Well, ordered another Hawk, this time it's the airfix 1/72 hawk 100. To keep it in good company, there's an italeri 1/72 F-5E coming with it.

Delivered yesterday. :mellow:

Nice!  I was tempted a while ago to graft a spare/scrapped Hawk front fuselage (inc cockpit) onto an F-5E but when I got the F-5E kit liked it so much I decided it would be real world!  The Hawk bits have gradually been 'reduced to produce', but the idea still pops into my head from time to time.  The F-5E is still in the stash.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitnut617

Quote from: kitbasher on June 26, 2021, 02:04:05 AM

Nice!  I was tempted a while ago to graft a spare/scrapped Hawk front fuselage (inc cockpit) onto an F-5E but when I got the F-5E kit liked it so much I decided it would be real world!  The Hawk bits have gradually been 'reduced to produce', but the idea still pops into my head from time to time.  The F-5E is still in the stash.

Hawk fuselages come in handy at times --   ;D ;D ;D

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

McColm

1/72 Lindberg  Sikorsky HH-3 Jolly Green Giant  helicopter
Papers, glue ,  filler/puty, a razor saw with three attachments and a set of Revell acrylic paints.