My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Visit to Uncle Frank to retrieve an Airfix Beaufort and a couple of decal sheets - DK Decals Night Intruders pt 1 for the two Mosquitoes and the Xtradecal SAAF WWII sheet with an overall NMF Spitfire HF.IXc and a 60 Sqn Mosquito FB.IV.

Plus some Plasticweld.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 23, 2021, 08:24:53 AM

1 x Eduard Models 1/48 Swordfish Mk.II Detail Set for Tamiya kits (ED FE901) - I have a major soft spot for the Swordfish & I want to do mine justice, so a bit of bling for her ;)

1 x Yahu Models 1/48 Boulton-Paul Defiant Mk.I / Mk.II Instrument Panel for Airfix kit (YMA4823) - just to see how they compare to Eduard panels.

Understand where your going with the Swordfish set, that's why I got a few extras for my 1/48 early Spitfire I. At least given the openness of the Swordfish cockpit you'll be able to see it all. Unlike the Spitfire where it's a case of "I Know it's there"  :angel:

As for the Yahu panels ? I'm a big fan of them. As detailed as Eduard without the fuss of putting things together, they just fit straight into place with no messing. Interestingly Eduard seem to have followed a similar path with their new "Space" range.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

Bought on a whim when found at a good price on Amazon:

Revell 1/48 Tornado F.3

I built this kit a couple of years ago as. USAF Wild Weasel. It's a nice kit when built but it fights you every step of the way.  We'll see what happens with this one...
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

chrisonord

I have just ordered  a micro mir SNCASO Trident from models UA, for yet again a very nice price. I don't  mind waiting for the  kit to be processed and  delivered  for what I have  paid plus my model building has slowed to a virtual stop at the moment
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Spey_Phantom

ordere from Aliexpress, while ordering a few things for the wife  :mellow:

-Mini Hobby Models 1/144 Mig-21PF Fishbed
-Mini Hobby Models 1/144 F-4S Phantom II

and a win from facebook marketplace  :mellow:

-Revell 1/144 F-14A Black Tomcat
-Revell 1/144 MiG-29 "The Swifts"
-Revell 1/144 F-5E Tiger II
-Revell 1/144 Lockheed X-35B JSF (been looking for this one for a while now)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

The Wooksta!

Won on ebay: Model Decal sheet 24 again.  And again, only for that 29 sqn badge so I can apply it to a Mosquito.  I can now do both a T.3 and an NF36, so I'm happy. 

Well, I will be when I get a decent photo of the T.3 and not just the fin.

Edit: quick check in the relevant folder reveals I have a shot of both a T3 and an NF36, although the T-bird, VA893 RO-Q in silver with yellow T bands, is decidedly gooshed.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Before anyone thinks some posts have gone missing I've moved one to where it was intended to go and then deleted those (inc. one of my own) that queried if it was in the right place or not. Hope that tidies it up a bit ?

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

Won on The eBays...one of those "Holy Grail" kits that seem so hard to find.

Italeri 1/48 RAH-66 Comanche.  This one will most likely find its way into service with the Royal Navy or Royal Marines. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Dizzyfugu

Two unexpected ev!lbay wins from last weekend: a 1:72 Matchbox Me 262 (not the best Schwalbe model, but the kit goes together well and is a very good basis for conversions) and a 1:72 MPM FH-1 Phantom, both for around only EUR 6,- p.p..

zenrat

BNA model world were having a sale which enabled me to get one of these.
Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf.A ohne Aufbau by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
I've been wanting something similar with a full interior as I have a cunning plan to, having built a hot rod with a tank engine, build a tank with a hot rod engine.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on April 26, 2021, 03:04:37 AM

....... build a tank with a hot rod engine.

Hehehe, a Keith Black 426 Hemi with a 6-71 blower on the top? And big zoomy headers sticking out of the sides of the tank?

I LOVE it!  :wub:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

1/72 Airwaves Sea King AEW conversion set and Airfix Sea King AEW kit. Which includes the dipping sonar which will be used with the PV-22 Osprey build.

frank2056

Quote from: zenrat on April 26, 2021, 03:04:37 AM
BNA model world were having a sale which enabled me to get one of these.

That's a pretty nice kit. It  used to be made by Tristar, and was pretty expensive. The Hobbuboss release is much cheaper and getting it on sale is even better!

Old Wombat

Fritz, hanging on the side of the track, is going to be a road casualty, if he isn't very careful! :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 26, 2021, 09:03:51 PM
Fritz, hanging on the side of the track, is going to be a road casualty, if he isn't very careful! :o

No Occ.Health and Safety in wartime.  Every man for himself.   :banghead:

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.