My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Nils on April 24, 2021, 02:28:32 PM
ordered from Aliexpress, while ordering a few things for the wife  :mellow:

-Mini Hobby Models 1/144 Mig-21PF Fishbed
-Mini Hobby Models 1/144 F-4S Phantom II

arrived earlier this week, but these will most likely be the last cheap chinese kits i ordered from there. as of July 1st, the EU is enforcing new laws and even kit orders below €22 (the maximum amount that was importtax-free) from outside the EU are now subject to importfee's + taxes.
i dont to pay about €20 importtax for a €4 kit.

so if you are living in mainland Europe and you order kits or tools from the UK, China, etc... you might end up paying a lot more.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

zenrat

I thought I posted these yesterday.

For the collection.
Thunerbird Shooting Star by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

...and for a dio.  Because armoured vehicles will always attract small boys and old men.
Peasants by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Some of those Master Box figures are of very good quality Fred and they produce some very, very odd items. Or seemingly odd anyway as they must sell  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I'm working on an East meets West dio - Soviet and Nazi forces in Poland in '39.  I need more than just soldiers and this set will provide that.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 08, 2021, 06:34:17 AM
I'm working on an East meets West dio - Soviet and Nazi forces in Poland in '39.  I need more than just soldiers and this set will provide that.

:thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Fred, be aware that the Hasegawa T33 is absolutely vile.  Fits where it touches and has sod all detail. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 08, 2021, 08:55:34 AM

Fred, be aware that the Hasegawa T33 is absolutely vile.  Fits where it touches and has sod all detail.

He probably got it for the box art.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Bagged that Monogram F-105G I was out to get, and as the seller also was shifting a Monogram F-4C/D and an ESCI F-100D, I took the opportunity to save on freight. All in Gods Own Scale, of course.
Pretty chuffed now, I have to admit.  <_<

On another note - a few friends of mine, having noticed the father-son Skyhawk and how important it was for the little lad actually surprised me with two kits for joint construction during the summer, namely Revells 1/144 Apollo11 rocket and Space Shuttle. I was (and still am) actually very touched by their kindness and the lad is really excited. It's going to be awesome, even if it is far away from my normal builds.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

The Wooksta!

Bagged another pair of Tamiya Mosquitoes - B.IV and FB.VI - for a reasonable price on the bay of E.  Free postage and an Eduard brass set thrown in too.

Also won an Airfix Beaufighter TF.X (original boxing) in another auctiopn.  Comes with an Xtradecal sheet and other spare decals.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

nighthunter

Bagged another group of Airfix Sailing ships:

Revenge, Mayflower, Golden Hind (Sell!)

And a Heller Santa Maria.

So far my Privateer Fleet numbers 2 Ships of the line, 4 racing galleons and 3 carracks.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

zenrat

Thanks Lee. 

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 08, 2021, 09:24:42 AM

He probably got it for the box art.  ;D

Kit is partially correct, I did get it for the box art but also as a source of whiffing spares.
In Planes when being repaired in Mexico Dusty gets a set of T-33 wings.  I thought I might do similar to something else.
Fred

The Wooksta!

If you want to actually build a T33 as is, the Heller kit from the 70s is the one to have. Also comes with the reconnaisance nose.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 09, 2021, 04:31:06 AM
If you want to actually build a T33 as is, the Heller kit from the 70s is the one to have. Also comes with the reconnaisance nose.

It's not high on my (purely mental) to build list but if I ever see a Heller one at a good price i'll now feel compelled to snap it up whilst not quite being able to remember why.   ;)
Fred

The Wooksta!

TBH, I built the only T33 I ever wanted to do with the Hasegawa kit and frankly hated every second of building it.  That's how vile I found it.

I did get a Heller one a decade back for a bargain price - £1.50! - but sold it on a few years later, at the same price, because it just didn't fit anything I wanted to do.

Somewhere I have an Airfix P.80 which I had considered doing as an RAF PR one for evaluation but every time I look at it, I just ask myself why and back in the box it goes.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on May 08, 2021, 01:32:39 PM

On another note - a few friends of mine, having noticed the father-son Skyhawk and how important it was for the little lad actually surprised me with two kits for joint construction during the summer, namely Revells 1/144 Apollo11 rocket and Space Shuttle. I was (and still am) actually very touched by their kindness and the lad is really excited. It's going to be awesome, even if it is far away from my normal builds.

Now that's cheered me up a bit  :thumbsup: