My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyer

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 11, 2021, 11:02:31 PM
Won unexpectedly an Italeri OA-4M Skyhawk two-seater at ev!lbay for only EUR 6,50,-.

I have one of those that I was just recently looking at wondering what to do with. It may become a anti-tank aircraft for my fictional air force with a GAU-13 pod as a stopgap until they get their A-10's...
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Gondor

Just delivered

From Lemmy100

1 x 1/35 set of Mig Ally TAKOM Tracks for the Cheiftain in return for some Tamiya rubber tracks

From Allycat

1/72 x 1 Odds And Ordnance EE Lightnint T-Bird conversion set OAO72017

1/72 x 1 Odds And Ordnance EE Lightning Rocket pod Fuel Tanks OAO72012

1/72 x 1 Odds And Ordnance EE Lightning Mk50 Series weapons pylons OAO72009

1/72 x 1 Odds And Ordnance OAO 72032 FAA/FRADU (1x Baggage Container 1x Harley Light pod (for Sea Vixen, Scimiter..))

The top three might go with a Trumpiter Lightning F.6 which is what the two seat conversion is designed for.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Received another Revellobox Victor (my third, the built K.2 included) but this one is not (just) for parts, but rather to be built as a RAAF B Mk 20. I need the AAR pods for something else, and as outlined elsewhere (my blog, I think), why not do something cool with the remains? So a low level strike Victor it is, and why not a Canberra replacement? I think the Aussies once considered Victor, didn't they?

So, to get a better view on where I'm going, I'm thinking camouflage. I kind of like the dark Canberra camouflage over the US SEA tricolour the F-4E and F-111C wore, but I'm disturbingly ignorant of the exact hues. So does anyone have an idea of what colours the  Oz Canberra's really had? It seems they were darker than their British sisters even if green and grey. Humbrol is my usual range, but really, anything convertible would do fine.

Come to think of it - this deserves a project thread. Wait out..
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Spey_Phantom

one last aliexpress order, before the new VAT sets in.
wil mostly be used for in between fun builds and spare parts sources.

-3 x Mini Hobby Models 1/144 MiG-21PF Fishbed
-2 x Mini Hobby Models 1/144 P-38J Lightning
-2 x Mini Hobby Models 1/144 MiG-23 Flogger
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

The Wooksta!

Low level victor is out. The RAF tried them at low level at the switch in the early/mid sixties and found the wing flexed too much and added too many hours on the airframe. Plus there was an urgent need for a replacement for the tanker Valiants, one that was fast enough to refuel the Lightning F.3. So the Victors got switched to the tanker role and the Vulcans in the low level role with SACEUR.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Pellson

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 12, 2021, 02:53:18 PM
Low level victor is out. The RAF tried them at low level at the switch in the early/mid sixties and found the wing flexed too much and added too many hours on the airframe. Plus there was an urgent need for a replacement for the tanker Valiants, one that was fast enough to refuel the Lightning F.3. So the Victors got switched to the tanker role and the Vulcans in the low level role with SACEUR.

You are absolutely correct - in reality. But in whifworld, assuming new builds rather than rebuilds or refurbishments, fixing the wing flex (shortened span and negative aileron trim) and somewhat reinforcing the airframe (entirely whif) should sort the issue enough to make the idea work, at least for a reasonable amount of time. Maybe a 1990's scenario could be overdoing it.. 😉

PR19_Kit

The unobtanium spar fix would work for the low level Victor, simples.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: Pellson on May 12, 2021, 06:05:10 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 12, 2021, 02:53:18 PM
You are absolutely correct - in reality. But in whifworld, assuming new builds rather than rebuilds or refurbishments, fixing the wing flex (shortened span and negative aileron trim) and somewhat reinforcing the airframe (entirely whif) should sort the issue enough to make the idea work, at least for a reasonable amount of time. Maybe a 1990's scenario could be overdoing it.. 😉

Come to think of this further, you could actually imagine above being the HP redesign for a low level bomber, of which Avro then nicked various bits and pieces later, when rebuilding the long wing RAF B.2's to K.2's. 

Howard of Effingham

A pot of Humbrol matt white..... as the in use one had dried up.
Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

Some Peewit canopy masks, 1 Me 109 and 2 Spitfire XIV's.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Been down to Hannants today. Been spending more than I planned.  :wacko:

Collected the Two Bobs sheet that Mossie kindly pointed out. Created by the IPMS/USA for the cancelled 2020 convention it features a real mix of kits.
I got it for the 1/24 Texas State Trooper markings (2 cars worth) but it also has 1/72 and 1/48 markings for a T-45C in a special Texas flag scheme. https://www.airliners.net/photo/USA-Navy/McDonnell-Douglas-T-45C-Goshawk/5734533
In really tiny scale at 1/1000th it has decals for the USS Texas starship from Star Trek.  :o

I also picked up.....

Fly Models 1/144 Daimler Benz Project F. A Luft46 napkinwaffe idea for a manned missile to be airlaunched from a giant DB bomber http://www.luft46.com/db/dbbombf.html

Attack Kits 1/72 Tatra VB855 Aerosled. Take a Czech car body, mount it on skis and move it with a propeller at the rear. What could go wrong?
https://www.lanemotormuseum.org/collection/cars/item/tatra-v-855-aerosled-replica-1942
There are 2 kits in the box which is good as they are tiny!

scooter

Quote from: Nick on May 13, 2021, 11:07:49 AM
Fly Models 1/144 Daimler Benz Project F. A Luft46 napkinwaffe idea for a manned missile to be airlaunched from a giant DB bomber http://www.luft46.com/db/dbbombf.html

Looks like a variation on the HYDRA Parasit suicide bomb in Captain America. (Which makes sense, since one of the designs was the Fieseler Fi-103R manned V-1)
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

The Wooksta!

Via eBay:
ADS Decals Beaufighter volume.2. BFO decal sheet.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 12, 2021, 10:15:14 PM
The unobtanium spar fix would work for the low level Victor, simples.  ;)

Being RAAF, surely Bluescope Steel spar with Colourbond airframe cladding?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Pellson on May 12, 2021, 11:44:56 AM
Received another Revellobox Victor (my third, the built K.2 included) but this one is not (just) for parts, but rather to be built as a RAAF B Mk 20. I need the AAR pods for something else, and as outlined elsewhere (my blog, I think), why not do something cool with the remains? So a low level strike Victor it is, and why not a Canberra replacement? I think the Aussies once considered Victor, didn't they?

They did. I have seen some of the HP tender documents presented to the RAAF Air Staff via the MoS/Air Ministry years back in the Archives section of the RAF Museum Hendon but the photo copies I took of certain papers are long gone.

IIRC Pellson HP would have configured a RAAF Victor for the medium level bomber role based on the Mk1 or Mk2 series Victors as required less the nuclear bits. Not seen any references to AS30 or Martel ASM carriage as the documents dated from the early 1960s. Again no details on production run size but perhaps up to 20 would have been ordered.
Keeper of George the Cat.