My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 12, 2021, 10:15:14 PM
The unobtanium spar fix would work for the low level Victor, simples.  ;)

Always does Kit!
Keeper of George the Cat.

Pellson

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on May 13, 2021, 08:17:35 PM
Quote from: Pellson on May 12, 2021, 11:44:56 AM
Received another Revellobox Victor (my third, the built K.2 included) but this one is not (just) for parts, but rather to be built as a RAAF B Mk 20. I need the AAR pods for something else, and as outlined elsewhere (my blog, I think), why not do something cool with the remains? So a low level strike Victor it is, and why not a Canberra replacement? I think the Aussies once considered Victor, didn't they?

They did. I have seen some of the HP tender documents presented to the RAAF Air Staff via the MoS/Air Ministry years back in the Archives section of the RAF Museum Hendon but the photo copies I took of certain papers are long gone.

IIRC Pellson HP would have configured a RAAF Victor for the medium level bomber role based on the Mk1 or Mk2 series Victors as required less the nuclear bits. Not seen any references to AS30 or Martel ASM carriage as the documents dated from the early 1960s. Again no details on production run size but perhaps up to 20 would have been ordered.

Thanks a million!

This is half a backstory already!  :wub:
I'm copying this over to my project thread to keep track of it.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

A Hannants' backorder arrived this morning. Eduard mask set for the Beaufort, ordered at the same time as the kit, but it was out of stock.

I can now make a start on my Beaufort  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

DK Decals night intruders decal sheet, the other part of the two sheet set finally arrived.

Also received a part built Tamiya Mosquito FB.VI.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Yeah one New Year's Resolution properly shot.  Treated myself to Airfix 'Vintage Series' Bristol Bulldog, never had one before (sad to say I just about recall it first coming out).  There were no F-84Gs with Norwegian markings so Bulldog it was!  Plan was to whif it but I think it may be RW.

As usual it was from AJ Aviation (formerly The Aviation Hobby Shop).  Tony's in hospital with a serious foot injury but all should heal in time.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on May 15, 2021, 09:16:01 AM

As usual it was from AJ Aviation (formerly The Aviation Hobby Shop). 

I still haven't managed to get there, and it's one of the nearest to me. Must try in the summer if we are back to whatever normal is going to be.

Nearest is relative as it's still 1 hour 45 mins and 3 different trains.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TomZ

Just got this delivered:

The manufacturer is totally unknown to me. It looks in the box like quite a nice kit.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Dizzyfugu

Suyata is AFAIK a Chinese brand, and they have done some tank models as well as SF kits in the style of the anime "Spaceship Yamato". What I have seen from spure shots of this kit mit must be pretty good/crisp. Would certainly look good without all the welded-on stuff, too, but the hatch in the windscreen makes it a little dubious. Curious to see it built, though.

zenrat

Easy to lose if it's chasing you.  Just drive over a speed hump.

I'm also looking forward to seeing it done.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

rickshaw

Reminds me of "The Cars that Ate Paris..."   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

A takeaway food container arrived today post haste from a very nice man in the Forest of Dean containing those parts of a 1/25 Watson Indy Car left over when you make one into a slot car.

I mentioned I had been given one of these kits which had missing parts and I was offered bits to complete it.

Thank you Kit.  This is what the internet should be for.

:thumbsup:
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Thanks for the thanks Fred.  :thumbsup:

Those parts would have just laid around for ages, not doing anything, but now they'll be doing SOMEthing useful in Victoria. Result!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

My thanks to Old Wombat for the 1/35 Land Rover cab doors just arrived from his neck of the woods!  :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

I'm excited about this one as it's a grail for me.

From BNA Model World.
20210519_174221 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Possibly to be built as per the movie Air America (Which was IIRC borrowed from the Thai military who demanded it back after they saw footage from this landing).

Also this paint set.  I usually use Vallejo but it doesn't hurt to try another brand and Chris seems to like these.  I have an SU34 and have always fancied one of the blue Russian schemes for a Harrier.
20210519_174208 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred